Thread: WDW geek moment

that's a shame

WDW geek moment

Last night, watching tv, a WDW commercial comes on. It's a bunch of very quick video clips, one after the next. I saw something that didn't look right. Rewound, watched again. Then one more time.

A ha! There it is!

One of the clips, about 1-2 seconds long, is a little girl with Tinkerbelle wings running in the grass, in DHS.

But wait a sec...where can you run through the grass in DHS??? I check the Google maps satellite view. I see the street view that shows the buildings she's running toward.

You and I can't run in that grass. It's elevated and fenced in.

I KNEW something looked odd.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

Nicely spotted!
    I suppose I shouldn't be surprised coming from a company that implies that storm troopers march through the Grand Floridian

Edit: two typos
    Last edited by Crazyprof; 01-20-2019 at 08:59 AM. Reason: must proofread better

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyprof View Post
    Nicely spotted!
    I supposed I shouldn't be surprised coming from a company that implies that storm troopers march through the Grand Floridian

Edit: typo
    Excellent point.

To be fair, this is also the same company that moved Cinderella Castle to the WRONG END of Main Street for a commercial, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQuR627alHI

Haha I love this!! Good eye.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

My biggest Disney geek moment is from a few years ago. We were at a cocktail party and the conversation steered to a family that was planning an upcoming trip. They were saying that they have stayed at the All-Stars in the past, and once at Port Orleans, but for this coming trip were staying in a 1BR at OKW. However, they weren't sure if having the living room was going to make that much a difference.

Me: "Oh, I think you are going to be blown away by how much you are going to enjoy the extra space. The All-Star rooms are only 260 sqft and Port Orleans is only about 315, but your room at Old Key West is going to be almost 950 sqft of space!"

I then notice everyone in the group staring at me as if I had grown three heads.

Friend: "You know the square footage of rooms at Disney off the top of your head?"

Me: "Uhhh.... yeah."
    I am @GrtBigBeautiful on DizTwitter

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeite View Post
    My biggest Disney geek moment is from a few years ago. We were at a cocktail party and the conversation steered to a family that was planning an upcoming trip. They were saying that they have stayed at the All-Stars in the past, and once at Port Orleans, but for this coming trip were staying in a 1BR at OKW. However, they weren't sure if having the living room was going to make that much a difference.

Me: "Oh, I think you are going to be blown away by how much you are going to enjoy the extra space. The All-Star rooms are only 260 sqft and Port Orleans is only about 315, but your room at Old Key West is going to be almost 950 sqft of space!"

I then notice everyone in the group staring at me as if I had grown three heads.

Friend: "You know the square footage of rooms at Disney off the top of your head?"

Thanks for the laugh. You know square footage of non-dvc rooms and dvc rooms!

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeite View Post

That's scary, yet impressive.