Thread: Renting DVC points questions

Question Renting DVC points questions

Hello all,

question 1: I am traveling to disney world in July and rented points from David's and are staying at BWV. I have no interest in the dining plan but I noticed that some of the restaurants I made reservations for state a 10% discount for DVC members. I wanted to know if this benefit will be available to us as point renters or not?

question 2: Can I decline mousekeeping at check-in and just request towels when I need them?

No, you will not be eligible for the DVC discounts at restaurants unless you have a DVC Member ID card.

As a reminder you will get mousekeeping less often when staying in a DVC villa (basic service on day 4, and a full cleaning on day 7). But, if you don't want that I would think the front desk could help you decline. But, they will still come into the room daily for a check (and take out trash), no exceptions to that daily check which was started in the last year or two.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

Thanks!