Thread: ADR for BaTB early entry questions

Question ADR for BaTB early entry questions

Hi there. First time on this site. Thanks in advance for help.

We have 8:10 reservations for BaTB breakfast for Feb 10, 2019. Our condo is 15 min. from MK parking. What timeline do you suggest for leaving and getting to parking....security...ADR entry....and then to the restaurant? I have heard that you can eat earlier than your official reservation time? If this is true, how early do you suggest us being at the checkpoints I mentioned?

(I realize I sound like a schedule demon but my fam knows....I make a plan so we have one and when something better comes along or something unavoidable happens, the plan goes out the window. But at least we have a plan to work from. I NEVER want to hear anyone say...."if we had only known we could have___________!" and I never want to burn daylight trying to COME UP with a plan while two excited kids are ready to get moving!)

Thanks again!

near Cleveland OH (but out in the country)
    I have no advice on the ADR, but trust me... you will NOT get called out for "over planning" on this sight. you might be told on occasion that you are (in someone's opinion) trying to pack too much into a day or you are overly optimistic about what can be accomplished - but the vast majority of us are very much into the planning portion of the trip. Welcome to the club!

Yes, you can eat earlier. They will let you into the park around 7:45, and you can walk straight to BOG. They will seat and serve people in the order in which they arrive (as long as they have a fairly early ADR, which you do). You want to be through security by 7:40. I'd guess that means you want to be at TTC by 7:10--though I have never actually parked there, so I don't really know how long it takes to park and then take the monorail or boat to MK. If it is important to you to be close to the front of the line for 7DMT, then I'd bump those times up by 15 minutes or so to make sure you get closer to the front of the line waiting to get into MK.

I’d give myself 30-45 minutes prior to my goal time of getting to the person whose going to let me into the park for my ADR. So if I want to get into the park at 7:45, Id probably want to be walking out the door of my condo at 7.

You’re not going to encounter any traffic and will likely park close enough to the TTC to walk over there. The only real wild card is going to be how you get across the water. We usually take the Ferry if it’s operating.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by hizouse View Post
    If it is important to you to be close to the front of the line for 7DMT, then I'd bump those times up by 15 minutes or so to make sure you get closer to the front of the line waiting to get into MK.
    This will not be important because this will be my grandsons' first trip (6 and almost 4 yrs.) We will be starting slow, thrill-wise, so going first to Small World and then to Peter Pan. Just want to get in a few rides before it gets too crowded. Timeline sounds pretty much like I was thinking. Thanks so much.

Thanks....have been several times and never taken Ferry....may just try that.

Quote Originally Posted by drenn007 View Post
    This will not be important because this will be my grandsons' first trip (6 and almost 4 yrs.) We will be starting slow, thrill-wise, so going first to Small World and then to Peter Pan. Just want to get in a few rides before it gets too crowded. Timeline sounds pretty much like I was thinking. Thanks so much.
    Unless you have a FastPass, you should do Peter Pan before it’s a a small world.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    Unless you have a FastPass, you should do Peter Pan before itís a a small world.
    This goes back to this being the little ones first time. They have never been on ANY rides like these. We thought Small World would introduce them to the idea of getting in the vehicle, riding in the relative dark, seeing the animatronics, etc. Then Peter Pan would get them use to "flying" lol. We don't want to risk them getting freaked out on the first ride and being scared of EVERYTHING after that.

BUT NOW I have just read that there is an "event" that morning. EMM in Fantasyland! So it will be swamped! That was the ENTIRE point of the BaTB breakfast!!!!!!!

This goes back to this being the little ones first time. They have never been on ANY rides like these. We thought Small World would introduce them to the idea of getting in the vehicle, riding in the relative dark, seeing the animatronics, etc. Then Peter Pan would get them use to "flying" lol. We don't want to risk them getting freaked out on the first ride and being scared of EVERYTHING after that.

BUT NOW I have just read that there is an "event" that morning. EMM in Fantasyland! So it will be swamped! That was the ENTIRE point of the BaTB breakfast!!!!!!!
    Yeah, EMM May cause there to be crowds there already. The lines build much faster for Peter Pan than its a small world. You may be looking at a 45 minute wait (or more) for Peter Pan if you do small world first.
    Brandi

Big question....Once we are finished eating (reservation is @8:10 so I'm assuming we will be done before RD...we were last time when we went with our other grands last year) if we try to ride a Fantasyland ride, will we be turned away because we don't have EMM wristbands? Last time we rode 7D before park opening, but this time we were shooting for SW and PP.

Big question....Once we are finished eating (reservation is @8:10 so I'm assuming we will be done before RD...we were last time when we went with our other grands last year) if we try to ride a Fantasyland ride, will we be turned away because we don't have EMM wristbands? Last time we rode 7D before park opening, but this time we were shooting for SW and PP.
    Probably. Hopefully some who’s had this experience will chime in. We usually RD other lands so I don’t know. You may consider doing the EMM. Nearly everyone who’s done it seem to love it. You’ll have minimal waits for all the fantasyland rides and breakfast. It may be a better deal than a prepare opening BOG breakfast.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    Probably. Hopefully some who’s had this experience will chime in. We usually RD other lands so I don’t know. You may consider doing the EMM. Nearly everyone who’s done it seem to love it. You’ll have minimal waits for all the fantasyland rides and breakfast. It may be a better deal than a prepare opening BOG breakfast.
    Brandi makes a good point. EMM is more than PPO BoG but having done both I think EMM is the better value and if doing a splurge I'd splurge a little more for EMM. If on the dine plan then it makes the calculation a little harder to stomach.

I wouldn't worry about EMM vs non EMM days for BoG PPO. Everyone is in the same boat. Rides might open at 9 am instead of 8:55 am, but PPO BoG folks are still going to be ahead of everyone coming from RD so it is still an advantage.