Thread: Best time to book WBC for August trip

Best time to book WBC for August trip

I'm currently planning our fifth family trip to WDW for this August, but it will be our first time staying offsite. Disboards has a good thread going for WBC, but I also wanted to check opinions here: What would you consider to be the ideal time range to book a 2 BR at WBC for a mid-August trip? I'm not so set on WBC that the trip would be ruined if we didn't book there, but it is my first choice, so I'm not sure that I want to risk waiting until 60 days out. We're possibly looking at ten nights - not sure whether that makes things more difficult compared to a standard week long stay.

Any thoughts appreciated - thanks!

he's right
    Wyndham owners can book at their home resort(s) at 13 months, and at any resort in the system at 10. The prospects of deep discounting (at 60 days) are much lower than they used to be due to some changes in the way Wyndham handles reservations. I would book it as soon as you are confident you are definitely going, particularly now that there is significant demand for WDW vacations. I doubt that will change drastically in the next seven months. April and early May are already missing some nights in a standard 2BR there, so I would not wait more than a month or two.

Ten nights is not a problem; owners can book up to 14 nights in a single transaction.

That's very helpful - thanks!

I don't know how helpful I can be answering your question. I did want to mention my experience last summer. We planned a last minute trip. We booked in March for a June trip. We had to be just a little flexible in our dates for a 7 night stay. I use Vacation Strategy though.

FWIW my parents had a timeshare that we have used with and without them. I have stayed in several other timeshare properties. WBC is my all time favorite. You almost feel like you are staying onsite. WBC was not part of my folk's timeshare exchange. For whatever reason, they stayed with me at WBC and loved it. They sold their timeshare, and now stay at WBC. I converted them! Any way, if you choose Bonnet Creek you will probably enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan View Post
    FWIW my parents had a timeshare that we have used with and without them. I have stayed in several other timeshare properties. WBC is my all time favorite. You almost feel like you are staying onsite. WBC was not part of my folk's timeshare exchange. For whatever reason, they stayed with me at WBC and loved it. They sold their timeshare, and now stay at WBC. I converted them! Any way, if you choose Bonnet Creek you will probably enjoy it.
    That's quite the endorsement! Our kids are on the older side now (21, 16 & 13), plus one uses a bipap machine at night - our days of cramming into one room on property have ended. My youngest is a bit hesitant about the move off property, but I think she'll love WBC (and all of the extra space...).

he's right
    We've done 2BRs both onsite (VWL, BLT, OKW) and offsite (WBC). The vacations are much more alike than they are different, and if I never stayed onsite again, I'd be perfectly happy at WBC.

I only stay onsite if I can use my (inexpensive) timeshare to exchange into DVC, a handful of nights for a special event (e.g. the Half Marathon), or if I need a single night to bridge into or out of an exchange week to make flights work. For me, there is no other way to justify paying what it costs to stay in a Disney hotel given the other options.

I need to clarify. . . Mom and Dad were becoming less and less satisfied with their timeshare company. It wasn't a DVC membership. They used to get a great deal of value from it. As the years passed, the value diminished. I think WBC showed them they could still stay in condos at a reasonable cost without a timeshare membership. They made three trips to WDW last year and stayed at WBC every time. She keeps telling me how great it is and how happy she was that I introduced them to it.

My two are now 20 and 18. I can't even believe I am writing those numbers. Where does the time go?? Even with a family of four, as they entered their teens, hotel rooms were tight for us. I try to book things like Homewood Suites or the bigger rooms as much as I can. Sadly, DH passed away a couple years ago. My son doesn't always want to visit the places my daughter and I like to visit. I have become so accustom to the larger "suites," condos, and rooms, it is hard to stay in a conventional hotel room even when there are just two of us.

I hope your 13 YO is able to adjust and is happy. If your 13 YO is a pool person, the lazy rivers and hot tubs are fun at WBC. Since the property is directly beside Caribbean Beach Resort, I really feel like I am in the middle of my favorite place. We had a split stay between WL and WBC a few years ago. After staying in condos, my kids were ready to check out of WL. It was a beautiful place, but we felt like sardines.

So sorry about the loss of your husband - thanks so much for all of your helpful information.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    When I booked through Vacation Strategy, I wasn’t able to get a confirmation until 10 months out, but they did take my info before that and e-mailed me when the booking window opened. I paid $180/night for a 2BR Presidential, travel date was early-December. The year before, I paid $125 for the 1BR Presidential Suite, which is exactly the same size as the 2BR, if you take out the second bed/bath.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    The year before, I paid $125 for the 1BR Presidential Suite, which is exactly the same size as the 2BR, if you take out the second bed/bath.
    This is good to know. I read somewhere that the 1 BR are all on the parking lot side. Is this true?

We have a Presidential again for July. So excited!! We paid more than $180 though.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan View Post
    This is good to know. I read somewhere that the 1 BR are all on the parking lot side. Is this true?

We have a Presidential again for July. So excited!! We paid more than $180 though.
    I think they are, at least in the Presidential building. But they’re all on the high floors, so it’s more like a treetop/DS view. We didn’t spend much time looking out the windows or on the terraces.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Very helpful - thanks George!