Thread: A Very Merry Free Dining PTR / TR!

A Very Merry Free Dining PTR / TR!

Its unreal that in just a few days I'll be back at WDW with my DH and DD who will be 2 next month!! We're staying at Sports from 12/10 - 12/15 with free dining and park hoppers. In all honesty we weren't planning on going back to WDW in 2018 after our trip this past February. I booked a Disney vacation package for friends of ours and after DH heard, he said, lets go with them! Am I going to turn down a trip to Disney? Heck no!! Our friends are traveling the 8th to 15th and bringing their daughter who is 13mo. She is the same as my daughter when we took her the first time so I hope we can be of help when it comes to all things Disney with a baby.

This trip will be different because we have a small person who now likes to walk everywhere and can share her opinion with words. Waiting in line, sitting in seats waiting for a show, etc will all be very different then last time. We also know what she likes and doesn't like a little bit more and hope to tailor the trip to that.

I'm excited because I earned companion pass with Southwest airlines for the rest of this year and next year, so I added DD and now she has her own seat! We aren't bringing the car seat but I did buy an FAA friendly seatbelt. I'm hoping having our own row and DD having her own seat will help with the flight. I have Frozen ready to go on my tablet so we should be OK...

Right now the weather is looking cooler earlier in the week and will get warmer as the week goes on. As long as its not pouring of as cold as it is here in MD, I'm a happy camper!

Thanks for following along and I'll be posting more of our plans as we get closer to go time.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Can't wait to read more!

We are going 12/12 to 12/18, staying at POP

Can’t wait to read AND enjoy the pics you share! Have fun!

Have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it :-)

Our plans!

Dec 10th: Land at 12:40! Will take DME to resort. Hoping hotel room will be ready. Plan to go to DS for wandering and dinner. I wish more places at DS had mobile ordering!

Dec 11th: RD at MK. Tackling Adventureland and Frontierland. FP to meet Mickey on our way out. Was hoping to take a break and swim but looks like it'll be chilly on Tuesday! Heading to EP for dinner and checking out the decorations!

Dec 12th: MK all day! We aren't planning to go to the Xmas party so we don't have too many chances to be at MK at night. Will hopefully finish the rest of the park we didn't get to on the 11th!

Dec 13th: HS in the morning, pool break (should be the warmest day of our trip!), AK at night. Really hoping to see Pandora at night and eat at Satu'il Canteen!

Dec 14th: EP all day. Right now calling for rain, I hope that changes! I know DD will really love the Seas pavilion.

Dec 15th: AK. I'm really looking forward to taking DD to FOTLK and the UP bird show. Girlfriend loves Lion King music and birds so its going to be fun. Although we have free QS dining, I had to make a reservation at Tusker House. I've heard good things and I think finishing with a character meal will be nice for all of us.
    Tricia

So excited for you!
    June 2011 Poly, May 2013 POR, June 2015 CBR, June 2017 POR, March 2018 CSR, June 2018 POR

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineOH View Post
    So excited for you!
    thank you!!!
    Tricia

Looks like a great itinerary!
    Tusker House is a great choice. If you like curry the chicken curry (tomato based) and shrimp curry (coconut/green curry base) are good. Similar to Sanaa, not quite as rich in flavor, but still pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    Our plans!

Dec 10th: Land at 12:40! Will take DME to resort. Hoping hotel room will be ready. Plan to go to DS for wandering and dinner. I wish more places at DS had mobile ordering!

Dec 11th: RD at MK. Tackling Adventureland and Frontierland. FP to meet Mickey on our way out. Was hoping to take a break and swim but looks like it'll be chilly on Tuesday! Heading to EP for dinner and checking out the decorations!

Dec 12th: MK all day! We aren't planning to go to the Xmas party so we don't have too many chances to be at MK at night. Will hopefully finish the rest of the park we didn't get to on the 11th!

Dec 13th: HS in the morning, pool break (should be the warmest day of our trip!), AK at night. Really hoping to see Pandora at night and eat at Satu'il Canteen!

Dec 14th: EP all day. Right now calling for rain, I hope that changes! I know DD will really love the Seas pavilion.

Dec 15th: AK. I'm really looking forward to taking DD to FOTLK and the UP bird show. Girlfriend loves Lion King music and birds so its going to be fun. Although we have free QS dining, I had to make a reservation at Tusker House. I've heard good things and I think finishing with a character meal will be nice for all of us.

Tricia,

We have the same plans, one exception is we are doing MVMCP on the 13th!

Quote Originally Posted by michelle day View Post
    Tricia,

We have the same plans, one exception is we are doing MVMCP on the 13th!
    We must have good taste in park plans :) Enjoy your trip!!!
    Tricia

We're back and had an AMAZING time! So much pixie dust and wonderful memories. Minus some weather issues, I have no complaints.

We flew out of BWI on Monday morning. On Sunday we got about 6" of snow. We were nervous about the weather and driving up to the airport. We almost never get snow in MD in December so the fact we got so much was shocking. Thankfully the roads were clear on Monday am. We left for the airport 30 minutes earlier just to give ourselves enough time. Snow in our backyard:

DD woke up about 5 minutes before we were set to leave. We had an easy ride up to the airport.

Someone enjoyed watching the planes :)

Through Southwest I recently earned companion pass so we decided to get a seat for DD. She would have been free to sit on our laps, but with companion pass it was $11.20 roundtrip. I bought her an FAA approved kid seatbelt since we didn't need to pack our car seat. She LOVED having her own seat and I loved not having her on my lap for the flight. I am so tired of traveling but earning the companion pass was worth this.

Enjoying frozen on the tablet on the way down!

We landed, picked up some lunch, took bathroom breaks and made our way to DME. I checked the app and our room wasn't ready so we weren't in a huge hurry to get to the resort. Snack break:

Waiting for the bus! We waited less than 10 minutes for the bus. It stopped at AKL and then was doing the All-Star Resorts. Since Sports is closest to the entrance, we were the second stop. Not awful.

Of course DD fell asleep before we got to the resort and that was her only nap for the day. Blah. We loved the decorations in the lobby and around the resort!

It was 2:45pm or so and our room still wasn't ready so we got a cocktail and headed to the playground. It was cute.

We didn't get the text until 3:30 that our room was ready. It was sort of a bummer to wait after 3pm but it was what it was. We had friends also traveling but they arrived a few days before us. We had requested to be neighbors but our rooms were not connected.

By the time we got to our room and freshened up, it was time to get to DS for dinner! We didn't wait too long for the bus to DS but we did share with Movies and Music. it was the only time we ever shared with another Stars Resort for the entire trip. I still get so lost at DS so when the bus dropped us off, we really didn't know where we were. We walked in, looked at a map, saw that Polite Pig was close and decided to eat there. Guys- IT WAS SO GOOD. It was top three meals of the week, maybe the best. DH got the pork, I had the half chicken and we ordered some sides for DD. DD didn't want to sit still to eat so we had to rush through the meal faster then we would have liked. I would so go back and eat here and highly highly recommend!!

After dinner we walked through WoD and through the Christmas tress. DD really loved the snow falling and was frustrated we didn't let her touch all the trees. Clearly the best tree:

DH wanted to visit the Star Wars shops and I wanted to see what Ralph Breaks the Internet merch at Disney Style so we walked to the Westside. I was bummed because Disney Style was really picked over. DH liked the Star Wars and Marvel shops. Our friends were with us and said they didn't want to deal with the bus, lets take a Minnie Van. So she requested one and it said it was like a 20 minute wait. Then it would drop her request. I finally got one to confirm, but we had to walk all the way back behind Circque du Soliel. It looked like an old bus stop. Be prepared that its not a short walk depending on where you are in DS. The CM who was the driver was really great and did a really nice job setting up and helping us with the Minnie Van. It was $25 from DS to Sports and was a short drive. In the end it may not have been faster but always happy to ride in a Minnie van!!

We got back to the resort and DH realized he lost his magic band somewhere. DD and I watched TV while he waited to get a new one.

We put DD, showered and passed out early ourselves. Next day it was time for MK and EP! We wanted to be well rested and ready for an AMAZING day!!

Thanks for following along :)
    Tricia

Happy holidays... I'm back and want to finish the report!! I hope everyone had a nice holiday. Since this post we went to NY for Xmas and I was in Rome, Italy for a week so its been a crazy time. Going back through pictures and writing this TR is bringing back memories for me.

Woke up early on Tuesday morning and was ready to get to MK. People- it was COLD outside!! I am always the coffee / breakfast runner so I headed to the food court for bagels and coffee for the family.

It was really tempting to not get all of these delicious looking desserts!! We tried some later, don't you worry :)

We didn't get out as early as I wanted, but thankfully we didn't wait long for a bus. I have to say, the buses at Sports were great. We never waited very long and always got a seat. We only had one long wait leaving EP one night. That happens! Anyway, this pic of the tree was at 9:15am so we totally missed RD.

Our first stop, Tiana and "punzel" !! There was no wait which was awesome. I wasn't sure how DD would do with the characters so we figured princesses that she knew would be a good start. She didn't smile (as you can see in the pictures) but she didn't cry or run away or want to be held the entire time so thats a start. By the end of the trip she was a professional character meeter and greeter.

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_414892298794.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_414892140914.jpg

Both princesses were so beautiful in person and lovely with DD. It was a great way to start our day! DD saw the carrousel and said HORSIES! so that was our next stop. She was happy the entire time and it was probably one of her favorite rides of the trip. I love these pics.

Our first FP was for Jungle Cruise so we headed over to Adventureland. Like my other trips before, they did not let me into Club 33 :(

Our skipper was really wonderful and I loved the jokes with the holiday spin. I really think being on a BOTE with people who also enjoy the humor makes a difference. Everyone was laughing and having a grand old time.

After a quick bathroom break, DH and DD went on the Carpets and then we all did Pirates. You can't see DD at all in the ride picture which cracks me up. I thought she might be scared of the dark but didn't seem to have a problem. We got stuck for a minute near the end at the jail scene and she liked yelling puppy over and over at the dog with the keys in its mouth.

I thought DD would enjoy Tiki Room so that was our next stop. We probably just missed the show so we waited what felt like a long time. At least for the wait you're in the shade and have some pretty fountains to look at!

At this point is was close to lunch time for lunch and decided on Pecos Bills since it was closer. Mobile ordering for the win! DH and I were determined to make the most of our dining plan so we tried to order the most expensive things at every spot. We both ordered the Fajita Platter. I have to say, it was really good! DD enjoyed her uncrustable and enjoyed some of our food as well. The restaurant was really busy and they had a dining room sectioned off for a private event but there were maybe 10 people inside. I don't know who or what the group was but the restaurant could have certainly used the tables! I haven't had a bad meal thus far at Pecos Bills and def recommend it!

Since we were so close to CBJ, that was our next stop. Always a favorite! DD was smiling so hopefully i have another CBJ convert.

We had a FP to meet Mickey on Main Street so we walked down that way. DD was happy to run around. I love her half Minnie, half Moana outfit.

Our meet with Mickey was SO cute. More about that and hopping to Epcot to come... thanks for joining!!!
    Tricia

Always love hearing about your escapades, and now your DD's!
    1st Trip - Honeymoon! - 1983
    Latest Trip - Bucket List trip with Grandkids - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ThemeParkCommando View Post
    Always love hearing about your escapades, and now your DD's!
    Thank you for following along!!
    Tricia

Your daughter is adorable!!! It seems like just yesterday you were posting about your wedding plans and now here it is several years later. It goes so fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Your daughter is adorable!!! It seems like just yesterday you were posting about your wedding plans and now here it is several years later. It goes so fast!
    I know its so crazy that I've been posting here / writing TR since we got engaged. Time really does fly!!
    Tricia

Our first trip was when our youngest was 4 and our oldest was 9... I wish I had been able to take my kids when they were your daughter's age. Your pictures are darling.

Reading through this, I had to chuckle, because we've never done Carpets, Tiki Room, CBJ (surely you are very disappointed in me...lol), or the carousel. In six visits! It's the age of my kids... but I kind of like having things we haven't done to look forward to. We didn't do CoP until our 5th visit, and now it's a must do for us.
    June 2011 Poly, May 2013 POR, June 2015 CBR, June 2017 POR, March 2018 CSR, June 2018 POR

Loving your report! She is adorable! Our youngest was 2 (almost 3) on our 1st Family trip.
    http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ly-trip-to-WDW

Jan 2004 All star Music (DD: 7, 5, 2)
    May/June 2006 All Star Music (DD: 10, 7, 5)
    June 2008 POR (DD: 12, 9, 7)
    June 2010 POR and Poly (DD: 14, 11, 8)
    June 2013 Windsor Hills (DD: 17, 14, 12)
    June 11-20 2015 Hard Rock House, Indian Creek (DD: 19, 16, 14)
    Disneyland-June 2017 (DD: 21, 18, 16)

I was happy that we had a FP to meet Mickey but also a little bit nervous to see how C would do. She did OK with face characters last time but was still scared. Happy to report on this trip she was a PRO. Guys, she absolutely loved meeting every characters. She hugged them, she ran to them, she knew how to pose. I don't know how I lucked out with her being so awesome, but she was!

I would be lying if I said I didn't miss talking Mickey, but it probably would have freaked her out.

After we met Mickey, it was about to be nap time. We had talked about going back to the resort for a few hours but after walking around a little bit and C passed out. Horray! We stopped and got a picture in tomorrowland and picked up dessert on main street.

We decided since she was asleep and we didn't want to take her out of the stroller we decided to take the monorail to Epcot! Lesson learned, if you are with a sleeping baby in a stroller, sit as close to the middle of the car as you can. The speakers are SO LOUD and we got stuck so every few minutes they were talking that there was a delay and the monorail would start moving again shortly. DH went and put his hat and hand over the speaker so C would stay asleep.

My sleeping beauty <3

I love this view!

She woke up as we were walking into EP. I was hoping she'd stay asleep longer but she got a solid hour and that was enough for us. Pluto was meeting with only a few families so we got in line. With Pluto as with many more meets during this trip, we were the last family before the character would go take a break. I don't know if it was luck or what but I was happy it worked out that way! Meeting Pluto:

While we were leaving MK, I had gone and made a 4th FP to meet Mickey and pals so that was our next stop. DD did amazing again!

Since we didn't have any plan, we just headed towards Mexico. DH and I both needed coffee so we stopped at the Joffereys stand! Daisy was coming out so we got in line to meet her. She was really cute with DD and was fixing the Minnie bow on her sweatshirt.

We went into the MX pavilion and you know its busy at EP when there is an extended rope for 3 caballeros! We didn't wait for the ride but DD is a huge Coco fan and loved taking in the ofrenda.

We didn't stay inside long but did go outside and see Mexican Donald. For some reason DD was really excited and started jumping. Donald got in on the fun and jumping around too. I wish I had taken video! Hope the pictures do it justice. It was so stinking cute.

After Donald we just kept making our way around WS! I know we stopped for snacks and drinks but I was not as great at taking pictures on this trip so who knows. We got to Germany and saw that a band was going to play and Snow White was about to meet so we accomplished both. DD was SO into the band. She didn't want to be in her stroller, she wanted to be standing next to me as I sat on the ground. She bopped and moved to the music and the band totally noticed her. She kept saying "play music" and pointing. DH enjoyed with us for a bit and then got in line to save us a spot to meet Snow White. After the set ended, the band came over to say hi and were super sweet to her. It was a really nice moment. The line for Snow had gotten long so I was glad DH got in line when he did. We were maybe the 4th or 5th family to meet her. Now DD has never seen Snow White but she ran up to her and sat with her and was happy as a clam. It was adorable.

After out meet it was perfect timing to go hear La Bafana in Italy! We got a seat right in the front. We enjoyed a snack while waiting for her set.

I'm really happy with how this picture came out.

It was getting to be dinner time and we needed to find somewhere to eat. Neither of us have eaten at the QS in Japan before so that is where we headed. I wish more of the QS places in EP had mobile ordering. It was chilly outside but thankfully DH was able to grab the last free table inside. DH and I both had Ramen and we ordered the kids teriyaki for DD. I wish the ramen had a little more flavor but we enjoyed having an inside seat and a warm meal. Of course, halfway through dinner, DD poops. There is a bathroom right outside Katsuri Grill but there IS NO CHANGING TABLE INSIDE! Whyyyyy. We had to trek all the way back to the American Pavilion to change her diaper. Seriously Disney, every bathroom on your property needs a changing table, no matter how small.

End rant.

It was dark and late and decided we needed to get back to the resort before DD passed out. We got some pictures by the tree and we also got this gem. DD was mid poop again for this classic photo.

We didn't wait more than a few minutes for the bus and were back at the resort. After getting DD to bed we both showered and passed out.

According to my fitbit I walked 22,419 steps that day. Long first day and more great days to come!!!
    Tricia

What a great day. Love all the character photos!

These pictures are making my day. Thanks so much for sharing them! Now I wish we had taken my daughter at a younger age. We waited until she was six. Looks like such a wonderful trip!

Sounds like an amazing first day! Your daughter is precious and these will be treasured memories.

My daughter was 3 on her first trip to WDW in 2005 and she just wanted to ride the carousel. She would meet characters if her brothers (5 and 7 at the time) were with her, but when she and I went to CRT alone she was not too sure about all those princesses even though she loved princesses at the time and Cinderella had even called her before we left home! I still love every one of those photos.
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    What a great day. Love all the character photos!
    Thanks! Memory Maker for the win. I'm a convert.

Quote Originally Posted by kfernandes View Post
    These pictures are making my day. Thanks so much for sharing them! Now I wish we had taken my daughter at a younger age. We waited until she was six. Looks like such a wonderful trip!
    Thank you! We weren't expecting to go back so soon but I'm glad we did. We also have one more trip planned for December before she turns 3. Going to take advantage of her being mostly free and my companion pass on southwest while we can!

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    Sounds like an amazing first day! Your daughter is precious and these will be treasured memories.

My daughter was 3 on her first trip to WDW in 2005 and she just wanted to ride the carousel. She would meet characters if her brothers (5 and 7 at the time) were with her, but when she and I went to CRT alone she was not too sure about all those princesses even though she loved princesses at the time and Cinderella had even called her before we left home! I still love every one of those photos.

Yes, DD loved the carousel. She kept asking about going back to the horse-ys. We ended up on it again and then we had to be careful to walk in that are of fantasyland or we'd be back on the ride again!!
    Tricia

Yes, DD loved the carousel. She kept asking about going back to the horse-ys. We ended up on it again and then we had to be careful to walk in that are of fantasyland or we'd be back on the ride again!!
    Oh, I can so relate! We were fortunate to have grandma along who was perfectly happy riding the carousel with DD as often as she wanted.
    Jen