Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Very Merry Wine and Dine Half Marathon Trip: November 2018

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    Sounds like fun! There is a photobooth in the Figment exit area. My daughter and I hopped in there once. Your mystery photo appears to be from the same booth. There is no backdrop in our photos either.
    Thanks! Mystery solved :-)

Just FYI, if you ever do the W&D Half again and want to go to the after party and bring the family. There are groups on FaceBook where many people will be selling their tickets for $50 or under.
    November 2018 - POP Century with BFF for 40th Birthday Trip
    August 2018 - Parc Soleil with BFF's Family
    November 2017 - POP Century for Wine & Dine 5K
    August 2017 - Parc Soleil with BFF's Family
    May 2017 - Tinkerbell 10K in Disneyland
    November 2016 - POFQ/Wine & Dine 10K
    August 2016 - Parc Soleil with BFF's Family
    November 2015 - All-Star Movies
    August 2015 - Parc Soleil with BFF's Family
    August 2014 - Parc Soleil with BFF's Family

Quote Originally Posted by lovett1979 View Post
    Just FYI, if you ever do the W&D Half again and want to go to the after party and bring the family. There are groups on FaceBook where many people will be selling their tickets for $50 or under.
    That is good to know, I definitely want to do the race again. I didn't even think to sell my ticket. Have you been to the wine and dine party? If so, what did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    That is good to know, I definitely want to do the race again. I didn't even think to sell my ticket. Have you been to the wine and dine party? If so, what did you think of it?
    I'm sorry, I haven't been. :-( It seems like it would be fun, though. All the F&W booths are open, as well as the headliner rides. And I believe you can enter at 7pm or 8pm.
    November 2018 - POP Century with BFF for 40th Birthday Trip
    August 2018 - Parc Soleil with BFF's Family
    November 2017 - POP Century for Wine & Dine 5K
    August 2017 - Parc Soleil with BFF's Family
    May 2017 - Tinkerbell 10K in Disneyland
    November 2016 - POFQ/Wine & Dine 10K
    August 2016 - Parc Soleil with BFF's Family
    November 2015 - All-Star Movies
    August 2015 - Parc Soleil with BFF's Family
    August 2014 - Parc Soleil with BFF's Family

Love the kids in the photos, hahahaha.... Glad you enjoyed LeCellier. And if it brings back good memories, then even better. :)

The race after party at Epcot. Yes, enter is 8pm or after. Mind you, I haven't actually attended since 2011 (and that's when it was held immediately after the race and finish line!), as I understand it, it is still mass chaos. I did happen to be there from 8-9pm in 2016 as a regular park guest and I did notice an uptick in the number of people. It "felt crowded" for sure! The running group I'm in has runners that run W&D every year and I've heard the party hasn't really improved. Lines for the food booths are incredibly long, as are wait times for the rides. Because anybody can buy tickets (either legit or from runners), it's not really runner specific and any Joe Schmoe Epcot drinking junkie can attend. It's basically like an average Saturday night at Epcot during F&WF. Not super enjoyable. Personally I would still go because I'd like to "get my money's worth" as a runner! But, as you know, runners are stupid. ;) But probably a good call to leave Epcot that night, especially with your kids in tow!
    Tanya

Medals received : 08 WDW Half ~ 10 Princess Half + 10 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 11 WDW Full ~ 11 Wine & Dine Half ~ 12 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 12 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 13 Half + Full = GOOFY ~ 13 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare + C2C ~ 14 January Marathon Volunteer ~ 14 ToT 10 miler ~ 15 DOPEY Challenge ~ 15 Avengers ~ 17 cxld Half ~ 2017 DLParis

Medals pending : 2021 Star Wars, 2023 Glass Slipper + Tink

Back from my Marathon weekend trip. Tons of fun!!! Except my aunt and mom were sick the last 1.5 days. Sister-in-law and I escaped the illness so there is some guilt mixed in that we had such a great trip. Especially the last day at AK when my mom and aunt were back at the hotel sick. I had my first Etsy fail on costumes. I ordered Russel from Up and the skirt was shorter than I had requested. She is such a great seller that if I had contacted her she probably would have redone it for me. But since I am still working on weight and body composition I thought, "oh I'll be comfortable with the length by the time we get to race day". I've learned something about myself, I will never be comfortable with a skirt that short Oh well, at least I had Haunted Mansion from Wine and Dine weekend and now I have pictures of that costume in all four parks. No haunted mansion CMs out on the course, MK was too early in the day (unlike ToT CMs who were out during the Wine and Dine half). Maybe I should try a ToT costume for my next runDisney event? I've also thought about Small World. It seems like an odd combination but when I was a kid my two favorites were HM and small world.

Any votes on which costume next? Russel with a longer skirt, ToT, or Small World, or something else?

Half-castle2 (2).jpg

I'm not going to do a separate trip report for the marathon weekend this year. It ended up being kind of a hybrid trip between last year's marathon trip and the November Wine and Dine weekend. So I think I'll just throw in some updates from my most recent trip into this trip report.

I don't have much to say about the races themselves. Lots of fun, similar routes (but not exactly the same?) as last year. One nice difference was for anyone at a monorail resort security was taken care of at the hotel before getting on the monorail for the half and full. We didn't have to go through the security lines at the Epcot parking lot. Yay! I believe the 5 K and 10 K were still the bus and had security at Epcot but I didn't do the Dopey this year so didn't do those races.

SIL and I decided spontaneously to do the Wild Africa Trek. I didn't expect to do it again so soon. But she hasn't done it and didn't think she'd have a chance for years to come. With a family of 6 it would be pretty expensive. Like I mentioned earlier we considered it for this trip but decided my mom and aunt wouldn't have the mobility for the bridges and uneven trail and they decided they would prefer Highway in the Sky Dine Around (which we didn't end up doing anyway because they were sick) to the evening Savor the Savanna experience. But mom and aunt were sick on our AK day and we so we added on the Trek. We got very lucky and saw the new baby giraffe born. Which I detail in this thread

https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...ffe-born-at-AK!!!!

Because we didn't know we were doing the trek in advance I wore my Oofos flip flops and didn't have the required closed toe shoes. No worries. They will supply you with these beautiful and fashionable Crocs if needed. Crocs for the Crocs?

Trek-crocs.jpg

Because there were no other guests on the savanna after the baby giraffe was born we had more time to stop the truck and view other animals along the way. What really struck me was how quiet it was out there without the Safari trucks.

Stella with her older sister

Trek-Stella.jpg

Lots of time with the lions. All three were sitting together on the rock. The 2 females are sisters.

Trek-Lions.jpg

I wore my Russel accessories to AK so at least got some use out of my runDisney costume

AK-Russel.jpg
    AK-Russel4.jpg