Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Story 4!??!

Toy Story 4!??!

I just learned TS4 is under development. C'mon Disney/Pixar.

Look, sequels can be good. TS3 was very good. Cars 3 was actually much better than the first two.

But at after three, enough already. Find something new.

I'm sure that TS4 is being developed to help continue interest now that they have created TS Land in WDW. There are plenty of storylines they can come up with like the toys getting handed down to Andy's children!

I think they’ve been working on the 4th movie for awhile now. I remember hearing about it two years or so ago.
    Brandi

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
    I'm sure that TS4 is being developed to help continue interest now that they have created TS Land in WDW. There are plenty of storylines they can come up with like the toys getting handed down to Andy's children!
    The question is, who cares?

Are we so intellectually lazy that we need Disney to beat the s#&t out of every good idea they’ve ever had by recycling their products into more of the same?
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

All I want to say is:

WHERE IS THE MONSTER INC 2............

Quote Originally Posted by michelle day View Post
    All I want to say is:

WHERE IS THE MONSTER INC 2............
    Huh?

Stupid Judy.

I want to know what happens after Boo's door is fixed and Sully opens it

"Boo" says Sully

"Kitty" says Boo

The End..........

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post

Are we so intellectually lazy that we need Disney to beat the s#&t out of every good idea they’ve ever had by recycling their products into more of the same?
    It seems that way. It’s as though all tv/movie makers are just retreading the same ideas. All the Disney movies are now having live action/CGI versions made, tv shows from the 90s are being resurrected, and so on...
    Brandi

josh's date at akershus stevenmilz's Avatar
    You mean you're not all anxiously awaiting "Frozen 2"? It's supposed to be "more epic than ever"!
    Steve
    Offsite (Jul 87, Nov 09, Feb 13) Disney Institute (Jun 97) CR (Aug 81, Aug 83, Aug 86, May 10) BLT (Dec 10, Sep 11) FW/VWL (Nov 10) Poly (Mar 11, May 11) BC/BCV (Dec 11, Mar 12, Jan 13) BWI/BWV (May 12, Dec 12, May 13, Sep 13, Mar 14, Sep 14) SSR (Oct 11) YC (Oct 12) Swan (Oct 13) WBC (Dec 13, May 14, Dec 14) Pop (Oct 14) POFQ (Jan 15, Mar 15, Sep 15, Oct 15, Jan 16, Sep 16, Nov 16, Mar 17, May 17) CBR (Dec 15) ASMo (Dec 16)

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Toy Story 2: "OMG why would they make a sequel?? The original Toy Story was amazing! Why do they always have to make a sequel???"
    Toy Story 3: "Ugh really? Toy Story 1 and 2 were perfect. They're going to ruin the legacy of those two masterpieces!!! NOOOOOO!!!"
    Toy Story 4: "Stupid Disney is trying to cash in again. Toy Story 1-2-3 was a perfect trilogy! Why can't they just leave those three movies alone???"
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    Toy Story 2: "OMG why would they make a sequel?? The original Toy Story was amazing! Why do they always have to make a sequel???"
    Toy Story 3: "Ugh really? Toy Story 1 and 2 were perfect. They're going to ruin the legacy of those two masterpieces!!! NOOOOOO!!!"
    Toy Story 4: "Stupid Disney is trying to cash in again. Toy Story 1-2-3 was a perfect trilogy! Why can't they just leave those three movies alone???"
    Truth be told, they try to cash in with each new project. It’s just that once they strike upon a good idea, they keep or stall other original ideas from coming to fruition. Now I’d never try to argue that 1 or 2 were perfect. The “franchise” is based on a great premise, which was nicely realized in all three films, to be sure, and all three have moments of greatness. But it must be frustrating for the artists (and for some consumers, but not nearly enough, it seems) to have to crank out the same old same old and to attempt to keep it relevant. It’s the age-old art vs. commerce conundrum.

Now they're just becoming more and more about less and less.
    -Sunday in the Park with George

Stupid Judy.

DH heard that its supposed to be even sadder than 3. I don't know if I can emotionally handle that.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

josh's date at akershus stevenmilz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    DH heard that its supposed to be even sadder than 3. I don't know if I can emotionally handle that.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b09d43e31f894e
    Steve
    Offsite (Jul 87, Nov 09, Feb 13) Disney Institute (Jun 97) CR (Aug 81, Aug 83, Aug 86, May 10) BLT (Dec 10, Sep 11) FW/VWL (Nov 10) Poly (Mar 11, May 11) BC/BCV (Dec 11, Mar 12, Jan 13) BWI/BWV (May 12, Dec 12, May 13, Sep 13, Mar 14, Sep 14) SSR (Oct 11) YC (Oct 12) Swan (Oct 13) WBC (Dec 13, May 14, Dec 14) Pop (Oct 14) POFQ (Jan 15, Mar 15, Sep 15, Oct 15, Jan 16, Sep 16, Nov 16, Mar 17, May 17) CBR (Dec 15) ASMo (Dec 16)

The teaser trailer is ... odd. And disturbing. I mean, the whole idea of toys having consciousness but having to pretend they don't with multiple copies of the same personality is the sort of thing that just makes you more uncomfortable the closer you examine it, so we all ( at least me) just accept the premise and don't dwell on it because there's no need and the Toy Story universe is great.

But the spork in the trailer, who has been turned into a toy and desperately screams into the camera that he shouldn't be a toy and doesn't belong there and tries to escape? Well, that just throws the issue right in your face. Like, was he granted consciousness out of nothing when some child drew a face on him? And does this cause him to endure a seeming existence of pure anxiety? Or do all small household items have consciousness, and he's disturbed because the essential nature of his being has been altered? What about all the paper that kids draw faces on? Are they all suffering from the same neuroses as the spork?

I don't want to think about these things, but the desperate spork who wants no part of being a toy is the only actual story element in the trailer. What else is there to think about? No. Based on this trailer, I want no part of this dark, tortured vision.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Stockholders, executives in the merchandising division and Tim Allen's agent.
    I am @GrtBigBeautiful on DizTwitter

Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    I think they’ve been working on the 4th movie for awhile now. I remember hearing about it two years or so ago.
    They have been working on it for years, animated movies can easily take 3-4 years to make.

I remember Rashida Jones saying in an interview the she was writing the movie and how excited she was. I just looked it up and she left the movie over a year ago, so that interview was at least two years ago.

Are we so intellectually lazy
    Yes, but you knew that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Not That Josh View Post
    Yes, but you knew that already.
    Yeah, that was a rhetorical question.

Stupid Judy.

Its not just pixar though.... I mean think about the insane amount of reboots going on across the board these days. I agree that I would prefer a new idea over reboots and dragging out other concepts. But I also agree on Monsters Inc. Id love to know what happens after/I thought it would have been a more natural progression than Monsters University was.

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by pixarprincess View Post
    Its not just pixar though.... I mean think about the insane amount of reboots going on across the board these days. I agree that I would prefer a new idea over reboots and dragging out other concepts. But I also agree on Monsters Inc. Id love to know what happens after/I thought it would have been a more natural progression than Monsters University was.
    So you would’ve attached arms to Venus de Milo?

Stupid Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by pixarprincess View Post
    Might I introduce you to the banal world of Monsters inc. sequels in the "Disney bedtime stories" book collection.

We host movie events 2x a year, and 5 in a row have been/will be sequels...
    The Last Jedi
    Incredibles 2
    Wreck it Ralph 2
    Toy Story 4
    Frozen 2

Our other 2 choices for this/next year were re-boots: Mary Poppins & Dumbo.

I am excited about many of these, so I'm not complaining necessarily... just wondering, do they even make new movies anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    The teaser trailer is ... odd. And disturbing. I mean, the whole idea of toys having consciousness but having to pretend they don't with multiple copies of the same personality is the sort of thing that just makes you more uncomfortable the closer you examine it, so we all ( at least me) just accept the premise and don't dwell on it because there's no need and the Toy Story universe is great.

But the spork in the trailer, who has been turned into a toy and desperately screams into the camera that he shouldn't be a toy and doesn't belong there and tries to escape? Well, that just throws the issue right in your face. Like, was he granted consciousness out of nothing when some child drew a face on him? And does this cause him to endure a seeming existence of pure anxiety? Or do all small household items have consciousness, and he's disturbed because the essential nature of his being has been altered? What about all the paper that kids draw faces on? Are they all suffering from the same neuroses as the spork?

I don't want to think about these things, but the desperate spork who wants no part of being a toy is the only actual story element in the trailer. What else is there to think about? No. Based on this trailer, I want no part of this dark, tortured vision.
    I saw the new trailer and wondered if it eases your mind a bit, or if it might still give you nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcachofa View Post
    I saw the new trailer and wondered if it eases your mind a bit, or if it might still give you nightmares.

Kind of confirms all my fears, and adding freakish talking ventriloquist dolls doesn't help.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    Kind of confirms all my fears, and adding freakish talking ventriloquist dolls doesn't help.
    Yea, I felt the same way about the trailer!