Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Okay....so what do we think about this FASTPASS article?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Can you imagine how fun this will be? People getting up in the dark Finding Nemo theatre and pushing open the noisy exit doors and flooding the room with light because they didn't know the show wasn't 20 minutes long and they have a ride to catch? How about the people yelling at the servers to hurry up so they don't miss a ride? How about yelling when they seat you 30 minutes late for your ADR and caused you to miss a FP? How about people jumping up from the table and running over to the characters because they don't have time to wait for them to come to their table because now they have to hurry and leave to meet their FP time? How about people running through the park with their stroller and crashing into people as they are trying to get back to their FP time before it expires? Darting across a parade path to not miss it? Screaming at the CMs because the posted wait time was wrong at the previous attraction and now they missed their FP return time? This is off the top of my head. SOOOO many people will be angry more than once during the day, the CMs will be tired of being yelled at, the guests will be upset...what a magical place this will be. Ugh. Six Flags and Universal do THIS better. Your "FP" may cost money but it doesn't create chaos with expiration times. I think this will hurt them in the long run. More people will talk about the bad times they experience and how frustrated they were each time Disney "Screwed up" with late ADRs, getting stuck on ride, incorrect wait times, too long for a character meal, etc causing them to miss a ride reservation. I hope this blows up in Disney's face in a BIG way and they have to backtrack like Netflix with egg all over their face. Or they get sued from injuries people get when they get run over due to this policy.
    Oh good lord, I can see MANY of those things happening! Holy moly.
    I am a figment of your imagination.

So bummed out-wish our vacation was a week earlier! We're there March 10th through the 19th-just starting touring plans-guess it's back to the drawing board!

Quote Originally Posted by 6mousefans View Post
    So bummed out-wish our vacation was a week earlier! We're there March 10th through the 19th-just starting touring plans-guess it's back to the drawing board!
    We'll hold hands together.
    Lisa

4/2004- ASMovies
    5/2007- Pop
    9/2009- Pop
    3/2012 - Pop (Surprise Trip!)
    10/2013 - First stay off property at Windsor Hills
    6/2015 - Land/Sea on Disney Dream!

Quote Originally Posted by mousehelper View Post
    Someone should start an 'baby rental' business. Swaps are going to be Gold.
    This might be my dream job. Payment will be my lodging: So in essence I get free lodging and you take my kids.... I might learn to like this no late return time

In reality though, we are there the 3-11th. It will be interesting to see how and if it actually occurs over the course of the trip. Not to mention... they need all the CM's on the same page to do it. How likely is that?

The only upside is that we have a 19 month old-guess we'll figure out the baby swap!

on josh's private jet to tokyo disneysea...someday
    This will be the biggest nightmare at DHS. You have no control over the TSM return time. How does THAT work with JTA sign ups where you also have little control?! They only have 4 rides and 3 require FP. The rest are shows you can't schedule to see anymore. I guess you can just get up in the middle of the show and leave. That won't disturb anyone.

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case vatmark's Avatar
    Forget Disney. We are canceling our trip and going to Universal. At least they have front of the line if you stay onsite. DH actually said this when I told him about the FP change. I think I will be having nightmares about my touring plans for a while now.

Ann

Peanut butter is yummy.
    I'd gladly accept a "pay for FP" system like FOTL/Express at US/IoA if this new policy goes way the I'm thinking it will.
    Really I would.

Oooohhhhh the insanity.

It'll be fine.

It always is.

what do we do when we're there?
    is there an ap for fp return distribution- could save me miles

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    Seriously?!? This again? It seems that once the uproar settles down, this 'rumor' starts up again. Hope nothing comes of it, just like last time (and the time before that).
    Janine

I don't think it's a rumor. I would expect to see an "official document" by the end of the day tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Oooohhhhh the insanity.

It'll be fine.

It always is.
    You are great, Josh. Your site is great. You are so lucky that you visit WDW often. But when you can only go every few years, you have to squeeze in all the fun you can into just a few days. Being able to use the FP's "whenever" really helps. Wonderful Christine helped me with a plan last summer. We rode more rides during that visit than the previous two visits combined. So some of us may be temporarily insane as we process this sad news. However, you are right, things will work out.

don't ask me to spin in circles mdsd8700's Avatar
    Wow, I am totally bummed. For some reason I didn't think this would happen. I will wait for the "offical" word before I start to hyper ventilate.....LOL!

Nobody knows what this is going to look like. It's just doomsday scenario after doomsday scenario. It happens with every single change. The Epcot "removal of the rope drop ceremony" was supposed to be the worst thing since World War I. Turned out to be better. Same with Hollywood Studios. What if there are more FASTPASSes with return times that are closer to when they're pulled? What if FASTPASS windows are 90 minutes or two hours instead of 60 minutes? What if...

You don't know.

Nobody knows what this is going to look like. It's just doomsday scenario after doomsday scenario. It happens with every single change. The Epcot "removal of the rope drop ceremony" was supposed to be the worst thing since World War I. Turned out to be better. Same with Hollywood Studios. What if there are more FASTPASSes with return times that are closer to when they're pulled? What if FASTPASS windows are 90 minutes or two hours instead of 60 minutes? What if...

You don't know.
    All good points Josh, cooler heads prevail. Until all the details are revealed no one knows for sure. Still the unknow is scary....

DIS already has 195 posts:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....873893&page=14

We're falling behind.

We're falling behind.
    Maybe it should be posted as " The sky is falling" that might help

I'm honestly not that worried about it - it might be a PITA, or it might be no big deal. Either way - we'll deal. Just remember, even if the rules change, most of us who obsessively plan are still going to be lightyears ahead of the average Disney visitor.
    Lisa

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    I've been reading that....pretty entertaining. You have your "It's about time all of you late FP users ruined my trip" to your "I'm never going to Disney again if I can't use a FP late!" I like that no one here is getting into the insanity part of it.

Bottom line...this will most definitely effect (or is that affect....I still can't remember) everyone of us here. I can see Christine and Judy on the edge since this effects how they will run their entire business and I can only imagine the headaches they both have right now. For the rest of us....it will just be a matter of changing the way we think about our Disney day.

I was just talking to DH and for us....it will boil down to us talking to our family going with us and deciding what is more important, ADRs or more rides? More rides means that we will have to give up ADRs so that we aren't worrying about scheduling a meal or grabbing a FP that conflict with each other. It is that simple. I doubt that it will impact our upcoming May trip much at all since it will just be the 2 of us and we can easily get in the few attractions we want to do in a few hours anyway so no problems there.

Newbies are going to be the ones who will have the hardest time planning with the new rules because they won't have the knowledge to adjust their schedule to meet the FP return times whereas those of us who go often will be able to make those adjustments.

Ultimately....we will have to see what happens....personally.....I'm glad that it is happening in March so that we will know what to expect before we arrive in May. (Sorry to any of you going when the change is actually happening!!)
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by blyday View Post
    it will just be a matter of changing the way we think about our Disney day.

Newbies are going to be the ones who will have the hardest time planning with the new rules because they won't have the knowledge to adjust their schedule to meet the FP return times whereas those of us who go often will be able to make those adjustments.

Ultimately....we will have to see what happens....personally.....I'm glad that it is happening in March so that we will know what to expect before we arrive in May. (Sorry to any of you going when the change is actually happening!!)
    I agree. Definately will mean adjustments but for those who are already Disney Planners, it will just mean thinking differently. No way to know what is coming as Josh says some things may work out better (we can hope ;) )

I do think it will be hardest for the newbies and for those going as the change is made.

Will be keeping up with the news.

We're falling behind.

We're falling behind.

We're falling behind.
    I can't keep that up! But I'm enjoying 'The Voice' while reading, so i could probably get up to 180 or so.

I agree with what you said earlier Josh. Still, I like it the 'old' way so I better drown myself in my sorrows.

Now how am I supposed to plan our itinerary? I dont remember the "old" way of touring anymore!