Thread: Promos for January are out. ack! help

Promos for January are out. ack! help

So I had two preferred rooms at All Star movies for the 7 of us and ws waiting for promos. We will be there Jan 3-9 so some busy times after holiday and before marathon. I'm second guessing ASM now and also second guessing PSD with just the magical families discount with no dining plan, it looks like this for 6 nights:
    CBR $2982
    POP $2639
    ASM preferred $2631

for one room for just 4 of us. (3 adults one 12yo) Change it at ASM to PSD promo and its $3973 so that means basically $56/day for quick service dining plan. That seems like a lot?
    in light of holiday crowds and marathon, first off, which resort? This is supposed to be a budget trip btw and with 7 of us it isn't working out too well. :( Picking resort maybe over QSD? But my family has loved having the dining plan in the past because I'm always worrying about $$. But 5 of us will enjoy alcohol with our meals. Does that make dining plan 'worth it?
    agonizing over this decision
    Theresia

Somewhere between Seattle Washington & the Canadian border
    No advice on the hotel but as for the dining plan even with alcohol I don't they're worth it money wise. I love the convenience and that it prepays my food but I get that same convenience and prepaid benefit by putting the money I'm budgeting for food on a gift card or two.

yes good point. I think I'm just going to come up with a reasonable cap for my kids to send each day and maybe they will still feel some of the freedom they have with the DDP. My dtr and I were talking that we often actually want a an alcoholic beverage apart from meal times and that not all QS even have alcohol or option we may want. I do love my mug for coffee but will see about just buying a couple for our stay. I decided to just pay $50 more per night and stay at CBR. I think eeryone will appreciate the more relaxed environment and bigger beds/space. And do you know, the PSD promo is basically the same price that I had written down I think and at CBR it was just $200 less for 6 nights for 4 people. And the room discount was $159 less. So really not much taken off 4 people's dining plan.
    Theresia

We have enjoyed the Dining Plan but like Revral said, I put them on GC's. I bought GC's thru Target (5% discount) for the same price as the Dining Plan. There was 4 adults (ME, DH, DD (18), DD's BF (18), we had $1500 left. We did not restrict ourselves and ate at some TS. We did not drink any alcoholic beverages but we did all buy a mug.

wow that is amazing. I am starting to see some other benefits. And there is just not enough of a discount right now with SPD promo. It would cost us $2310 for the dining with SPD for 7 of us for 6 days. yikes. We always get groceries/beverages from Dizzy Dolphin too