Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Close To Your Next Trip Are You?

187 days out!

We plan for every 5 years and save up so that it's all paid for (barring souvenirs) in advance. I was using the Disney Savings Account, but since that ended, I buy gift cards on bi-weekly paydays and save those.

Quote Originally Posted by marcteeters View Post
    Well it looks like we have rearranged our trip itinerary. DD has bowed out of the long trip due to not wanting to walk around the parks for 5 or 6 days. Setting at 33.57 funded right now
    I misinterpreted the 33.57 and thought you meant $. But I went back to your original post and realized it is %. Phew!

30 days from today.

It will be a Mom and Daughter trip, doing it on her fall break. I pay for it all up front too, but by buying GC (Sams/ Bj's) using my CC with points. Gets us free hotel stays else where so we take mini vacations on long weekends.

First time at the F & W festival so we are excited about that, plus my DD's favorite Disney movie is Toy Story.

prefers quisp over quake tiggr88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    We seem to be in the (lucky) minority, because we just charge everything (points!) and paying off the credit card each month. We've never had to worry about budget or availability of funds.

The only financial dealing we do is if we sell our DVC points to fund an occasional stay at The Four Seasons. Usually the points sold for a DVC Studio nets us enough to cover a discounted Four Seasons stay, which should give you an idea of the premium that Disney charges for the privilege to be in The Bubble.
    Just curious. Where do you find the best discounts for the Four Seasons?
    Oct 89 QS, Sep '98 Poly Concierge, Jan '01 ASMu, Oct '01 HI Family Suites, Oct '03 HIFS, Oct '03 Portofino Bay (anniversary trip), Dec '04 POFQ, Oct '05 ASMu, Oct '06 ASMu, Nov '07 Magic cruise, Nov '08 ASMu (family reunion), Dec '08 BCV/BC (20th anniversary trip w/o kids), Aug '10 HRH, Sept/Oct '11

206 days out! Just booked WL yesterday and am so excited to plan another Disney trip three years in a row now!

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggr88 View Post
    Just curious. Where do you find the best discounts for the Four Seasons?
    They sometimes run every third night free promos, so when they do I jump on them. They’ve even stacked discounted room rates with that promo. One trip we paid an average of $275/night, not bad for a Four Seasons resort.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

prefers quisp over quake tiggr88's Avatar
    Thanks. Is that just on their website or how do you find them? I've thought about staying there.
    Oct 89 QS, Sep '98 Poly Concierge, Jan '01 ASMu, Oct '01 HI Family Suites, Oct '03 HIFS, Oct '03 Portofino Bay (anniversary trip), Dec '04 POFQ, Oct '05 ASMu, Oct '06 ASMu, Nov '07 Magic cruise, Nov '08 ASMu (family reunion), Dec '08 BCV/BC (20th anniversary trip w/o kids), Aug '10 HRH, Sept/Oct '11

Quote Originally Posted by tiggr88 View Post
    Thanks. Is that just on their website or how do you find them? I've thought about staying there.
    I get the emails.

Stupid Judy.

7 days to Disneyland!!!! So giddy!!! We have been measuring my son every other day to see if he meets the 40Ē requirement for Racers... 39.5Ē with shoes. How strict are they?!?!

35.691% saved, over 1/3 of the way.

Sent from my Z965 using Tapatalk

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    8 months and 27 days!!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

21 days! If all goes to plan, 3 weeks from right now we should be strolling up Main Street USA.
    Jen

213 days and it can't arrive fast enough!

Eleven months to the day. I just booked a stay at our DVC home resort starting August 11, 2019. It kind of caught me off-guard and I almost missed it. Overall it will have been 18-months between visits, which is, for us, very much on the long side.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    Eleven months to the day. I just booked a stay at our DVC home resort starting August 11, 2019. It kind of caught me off-guard and I almost missed it. Overall it will have been 18-months between visits, which is, for us, very much on the long side.
    We’re skipping our Fall trip this year (and it’s driving me nuts), but Spring at PVB is booked!

To make up for the missed Fall trip, we have a long weekend at VGC planned for early December.

Stupid Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Weíre skipping our Fall trip this year (and itís driving me nuts), but Spring at PVB is booked!

To make up for the missed Fall trip, we have a long weekend at VGC planned for early December.
    I can't wait to stay at VGC next week!!! Any recommendations are very welcome!

We have our third trip planned for Aug 2019! We used a time share exchange and stayed off site. It worked out really nice doing it this way. It's more affordable and we have a ton of space with washer/dryer and kitchen. I added two extra days on the trip and we'll spend those on campus. We'll have some bubble and some space :)

Quote Originally Posted by magic1106 View Post
    Someday, in a few years.

Unfortunately, their health has declined so they will not make it back and since I am their primary care giver it wonít be until they have passed that I would feel comfortable going again.
    We went to Universal this past April for an engagement celebration for my son and future daughter-in-law. We relied on my siblings helping Mom and Dad and that really didnít work out so we wonít try that again.
    I donít think I would want to go without my parents after the two amazing trips we had together.
    Itís funny how your priorities change as you age.
    Off topic but wanted to add my support of your responsibilities. As primary caretaker to my MIL who passed, as well as her older sister (still with us :) it is privilege to care for loved ones as well as really, really, tough.

I want to encourage you to find respite care you trust. We take the family vaco all together, but every other year WDW gives me the opportunity to focus just on hubs and the kids because the journey is just too much for her. It forces me to let go for a week and let someone else be the lifeguard. It took a while to get a support community in place. TBH, I was grateful to have it when my mom's health failed. I was able to be present for her. It was a patchwork of care but the safety net held.

On a happy note, congratulations on the wedding!!! A very exciting time for all :)

66 days until our 11/24 - 12/1 trip!!!
    DisneyDanceMom73

2001, Oct. 2003, 2004, 2007 & 2008 - FWC; Feb. 2003, 2006, 2009 & 2011 - POP; 2016 - Poly; May 2017 - CSR​;
    2012, 2015 & Nov. 2017 - POR; Jan. 2018 - WL;
    Nov. 2018 - SSR; April 2019 - Vero Beach; Dec19/Jan 20 - CC @ WL

Please subscribe to my channel, Disney Beams:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_m5NUNMvFPvPic7bGmpHBg

We decided while were at WDW this past fall that we wouldn't go again till 2020, probably in January-February. We've been a lot and just don't get as much out of our trips any more, so we were going to take a little break. But life has a funny way of changing things up. My husband got a job in the Tampa-ish area, and we'll probably be moved down there in the next month or so. It will still be a little while before we venture to WDW, I imagine. We'll need to find a house to buy and explore more local fun stuff. But it's definitely not going to be 2020 before we get there.

Our 20th anniversary is this June, so I'm tentatively planning a trip for just my husband and me in the late winter/early spring. We want to go when the weather is nice and the parks aren't so crowded. We've been staying in rental houses for past many years, since we have 6 children, and we do really like that for our family vacations, but this time we're going to stay in a deluxe that we couldn't afford if we had to get two rooms. I'm hoping we'll be able to go when there's an after hours event planned.

96 days!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliputian View Post
    We decided while were at WDW this past fall that we wouldn't go again till 2020, probably in January-February. We've been a lot and just don't get as much out of our trips any more, so we were going to take a little break. But life has a funny way of changing things up. My husband got a job in the Tampa-ish area, and we'll probably be moved down there in the next month or so. It will still be a little while before we venture to WDW, I imagine. We'll need to find a house to buy and explore more local fun stuff. But it's definitely not going to be 2020 before we get there.

Our 20th anniversary is this June, so I'm tentatively planning a trip for just my husband and me in the late winter/early spring. We want to go when the weather is nice and the parks aren't so crowded. We've been staying in rental houses for past many years, since we have 6 children, and we do really like that for our family vacations, but this time we're going to stay in a deluxe that we couldn't afford if we had to get two rooms. I'm hoping we'll be able to go when there's an after hours event planned.
    WDW is really a day trip from the Tampa area. I have some college friends who lived in the Tampa-ish area, and their kids do field trips to WDW.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    WDW is really a day trip from the Tampa area. I have some college friends who lived in the Tampa-ish area, and their kids do field trips to WDW.
    It is a day trip and we're excited about that! But we probably won't make that trip until we get APs, and since there are 8 of us, even the Florida resident APs are a big chunk of change. Right now we're telling them to get used to the idea that we're going to be exploring local beaches, museums, etc. before we go to WDW again, but in reality, it probably won't be that long. We already have friends and family saying they want to visit us and have us take them to WDW. That's the kind of sacrifice we're willing to make for the people we love, LOL.

Just 3 days away but boy did I time this one wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marcteeters View Post
    Just 3 days away but boy did I time this one wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    MK empties out when it rains.

Stupid Judy.

We are leaving a week from tomorrow!! I'm giddy!
    10/88 - Off Site, 5/89 -Off Site, 4/94 - Poly, 5/96 - Swan, 9/99 - Tree House Villas, 3/02 - WL, 3/04 - CR, 11/11 - Poly,
    10/16 - POR