Thread: Adjoining Rooms Request at PVB

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar

Question Adjoining Rooms Request at PVB

I have two rooms reserved at PVB for a trip next May, under two different names. Id like to request adjoining rooms. Should I put requests on each reservation, referencing the other reservation, and/or should I put both reservations in one name? Id like to increase the chances of getting the request fulfilled. I understand the room assignor at PVB tries to accommodate these requests for families. Is there any data on the success rate for these requests?
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

For our past 2 trips to Poly, not staying DVC at the time, our fabulous TA stated that we were traveling together and requested adjoining/ rooms together on our reservation. We had adjoining and/or next door rooms both times ...so we were 2 for 2 :)

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by momof2boys View Post
    For our past 2 trips to Poly, not staying DVC at the time, our fabulous TA stated that we were traveling together and requested adjoining/ rooms together on our reservation. We had adjoining and/or next door rooms both times ...so we were 2 for 2 :)
    Thanks, Lisa!
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Happy to help!

I don't think having the same name on both matters. Just making the request for connecting rooms. We've made connecting room requests about 10 times and always gotten them. Even when it was grandparents or my brother's family and not our nuclear family.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    I don't think having the same name on both matters. Just making the request for connecting rooms. We've made connecting room requests about 10 times and always gotten them. Even when it was grandparents or my brother's family and not our nuclear family.
    Same! Just put the reservation numbers in the request. Good luck!

I agree I don't think the names will matter. But I would put the request in both reservations. DVC Member Services gets this request all the time, so if you call they will know the absolute best way.

Side note, back in June a new room type in the Availability Tool showed up at Poly called "Deluxe Connecting Studios" where it appeared to be a guaranteed way to do this. IT wasn't actually bookable thought, and then was removed and apparently was a "glitch". So, although they maybe didn't intend to roll this out yet... it gives everyone hope that this is something they are clearly considering for the future.

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...-at-polynesian
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

One more data point for the success of a phone call to DVC Member services. We had 5 studios in May at PVB and I spoke to a cast member who helped me pick the best building and noted our rooms to be together. We ended up with two sets of adjoining rooms and the 5th room right across the hall, in the building we hoped for. It was perfect.

We had connecting rooms once at Pop. Our TA put the request on both reservations and advised us not to check in online. We had connecting rooms with no issue. I don’t know if that’s an issue for DVC, but I thought I’d throw it out there.
    Brandi

I'm not familiar with connecting DVC rooms, but I always call and have it noted, and request the "Traveling With" number. Then I usually call back about a week before to make sure that TW number is still there :)