Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mousekeeping & DVC

he's right
    There are places where it is possible to talk Disney where contentious subjects are off limits. DISboards, for example. I don't much care for it these days, but many do.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    Just wait until the issue of buffet vs. full-service comes up!
    Or dining plan vs none. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    True, and you could google almost every question anyone asks here and find a similar question already answered.
    Thanks. I felt fine asking because generally everyone on this site is very well-mannered and helpful in their responses. I appreciate being able to ask questions from “familiar” people, since I’ve been coming here for a few years now. I don’t use any other discussion forums for anything else but this site always felt different and more comfortable.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxGal View Post
    Thanks. I felt fine asking because generally everyone on this site is very well-mannered and helpful in their responses. I appreciate being able to ask questions from “familiar” people, since I’ve been coming here for a few years now. I don’t use any other discussion forums for anything else but this site always felt different and more comfortable.
    I have failed.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxGal View Post
    I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have phrased my comment to make you feel as though you should not have asked the question. I was upset by the comments that were not responsive and argumentative, not your question.

Anyway, I am sorry.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I have failed.
    It’s okay! At the risk of sounding stalker-ish I actually enjoy your posts and sense of humor. Money matters are tricky. I see that now!!

Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have phrased my comment to make you feel as though you should not have asked the question. I was upset by the comments that were not responsive and argumentative, not your question.

Anyway, I am sorry.
    No worries! Everything is good. We’re all good!! Nothing to see here lol

I have failed.

Bwahahaha. Don't worry, you're the best curmudgeon on here. All kidding aside, your input and help has been invaluable to me. (no, I'm not going to pay you now) You consistently answer all the questions in a helpful way. Thanks!!!!
    Sharon

Past Trips
    May 2018 Pop Century
    November 2016 Old Key West
    August 2015 Coronado Springs and Animal Kingdom Kidani
    Nov-Dec 2014 Pop Century
    April 2014 French Quarter
    April 2012 French Quarter
    February 2007 Pop Century
    Nov-Dec 2002 Caribbean Beach
    1989 Tree House Villas

Quote Originally Posted by disneylove27 View Post
    Bwahahaha. Don't worry, you're the best curmudgeon on here. All kidding aside, your input and help has been invaluable to me. (no, I'm not going to pay you now) You consistently answer all the questions in a helpful way. Thanks!!!!

Stupid Judy.

You're making distinctions between leaving $3 or $5 or even $10 or $20? During a vacation that's costing thousands of dollars? You seem to be making this into a contest.
    Not a contest but a different perspective. Two actually. Three, if you count pre- and post- retirement.

My thinking is just leave the money for those who really need it.
    A tip is a gratuity, a monetary amount given in appreciate for a service performed, not charity, the giving of aid to those in need.

I know there are service workers who wouldn't care why you were giving money as long as you were giving money but when I waitressed back in the dark ages, I would have been insulted that anyone gave me money out of charity.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    The general etiquette for gratuity for housekeeping ranges from $1-$5 a day. Since you may have many "mousekeepers" throughout your stay, you may want to leave your gratuity every night, although leaving one tip at the end of the week is also acceptable. Tipping is never required, but it is greatly appreciated for all of their hard work.
    Source: https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney....eeping-175388/
    Now, that is a equitable range.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite2 View Post
    Mousekeeping is not a tipped position. It is stated in their contract. We pay dues to cover housekeeping. If you want to tip these people, great. But they are not supposed to be taking tips. Blast away....
    Housekeeping is not a tipped position in the sense that tips are needed to bring them up to minimum wage, like a server, as they do make more than minimum wage (although less than non-Disney area housekeepers). However, Disney does allow them to accept tips so the company does not have to pay them enough to even meet the poverty level. After all, the stockholders need the money more.
    Dec 1981 Magic Kingdom/Off-site Dec 1998 Animal Kingdom, MK & Universal Studios Florida/Off-site
    Dec 2005 Disney Wonder & MK (MVMCP)/Port Orleans Riverside & Saratoga Springs Dec 2008 Disney Magic
    Nov 2011 Islands of Adventure & USF/Off-site/RC Liberty of the Seas Aug 2015 IoA & USF/Cabana Bay
    Nov 2016 Epcot, MK, HS & AK/All-Star Movies Oct 2017 AK, Ep & MK (MNSSHP)/ASMo/IoA & USF/Sapphire Falls
    Oct 2018 Disney Fantasy (HotHS) Coming soon: June 2020 IoA & USF/Disney Dream

that's a shame
    If karma is a real thing, I really hope it applies to those who choose not to tip, or to leave crappy tips, whatever their excuse may be. "Not a tipped position"? Go back to Disboards with that crap.

The people who clean your pee spray off the toilets and floors get paid pretty poorly given the nasty things they have to do. If you can afford a WDW vacation, you can afford a decent tip.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    If karma is a real thing, I really hope it applies to those who choose not to tip, or to leave crappy tips, whatever their excuse may be. "Not a tipped position"? Go back to Disboards with that crap.

The people who clean your pee spray off the toilets and floors get paid pretty poorly given the nasty things they have to do. If you can afford a WDW vacation, you can afford a decent tip.
    Amen. And I always use the barometer, “Tip as if the housekeeper is your mother.”*

*This presupposes you love your mother.

Stupid Judy.

If karma is a real thing, I really hope it applies to those who choose not to tip, or to leave crappy tips, whatever their excuse may be.
    I hope it applies those who try to bully others.

"Not a tipped position"? Go back to Disboards with that crap.
    I don't think that is your call to make. Be respectful.
    Dec 1981 Magic Kingdom/Off-site Dec 1998 Animal Kingdom, MK & Universal Studios Florida/Off-site
    Dec 2005 Disney Wonder & MK (MVMCP)/Port Orleans Riverside & Saratoga Springs Dec 2008 Disney Magic
    Nov 2011 Islands of Adventure & USF/Off-site/RC Liberty of the Seas Aug 2015 IoA & USF/Cabana Bay
    Nov 2016 Epcot, MK, HS & AK/All-Star Movies Oct 2017 AK, Ep & MK (MNSSHP)/ASMo/IoA & USF/Sapphire Falls
    Oct 2018 Disney Fantasy (HotHS) Coming soon: June 2020 IoA & USF/Disney Dream