Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I got this!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I got this!!!!

Pre-trip portion of report.....

It will be my 1st solo trip with the kids. read this thread to know why, if you don't already know.... https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...n-do-this-!-!-!
    (obviously, I don't know how to make a hyperlink )

We are going in September for a week.
    We will be going to our 2nd MNSSHP and we have the before HEA dessert garden view booked.
    We will fly down on SW.
    We have a few cars booked at the moment....waiting for the best deal....we book through Costco.
    We have a rental house booked. It will be our 2nd time staying at this amazing house.
    We have 6 day park tickets.
    We plan to do 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 1 day at AK and 1 day at HS & the party at MK (so 3 days at MK)
    We plan to go in the morning, home for a break to swim and chill and back in the evening.

I am very excited about our trip & can't wait to tell you all about the fun we had on this trip.
    Cathy
    Trip Report #1 http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...mber-2015-Trip
    Trip Report #2 http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...-Trip-Report-2
    Trip Report #3
    https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...I-got-this!!!!

WDW~ May 2009, July/August 2010, September 2013, December 2015, February 2017 & September 2018
    DL~ July/August 2016

Yay! So excited for you. Were you able to get the different tickets and dessert party sorted out for 1 fewer?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Yay! So excited for you. Were you able to get the different tickets and dessert party sorted out for 1 fewer?
    park tickets were not bought through WDW so I plan to save for later and have the value applied to a ticket for another trip OR I will give the ticket to my friend for her to use on her upcoming trip.

party ticket...I am very hopeful this will be easy to do. I will happily take a GC for the reimbursement. I plan to call about that soon.

dessert party....haven't called yet but I am 100% sure they will refund it because it is more than 5 days out.
    Cathy
    Trip Report #3

WDW~ May 2009, July/August 2010, September 2013, December 2015, February 2017 & September 2018
    DL~ July/August 2016

That’s wonderful!!! Have a fantastic time!
    Jenny
    March 2017 WDW Swan; October 2017 Grand Floridian; March 2018 AKL
    January 2015: Art of Animation ; May 2015 BWI; Nov 2015 Polynesian, W&D 1/2
    September 2014 BLT celebrating DS 3rd bday!
    January 2014: WDW 1/2 marathon/Beach Club
    October 2013: TOT 10 MILER/WL
    February 2013:POFQ (DS 1st trip!)
    May 2010: Dolphin
    Christmas 2009: offsite at Floridays

I can't wait to hear about it!

Have a fantastic time!

Sounds great! It's always nice to have a trip to look forward to! Planning is a nice escape from all sorts of issues.
    June 2011 Poly, May 2013 POR, June 2015 CBR, June 2017 POR, March 2018 CSR, June 2018 POR

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Looking forward to hearing about your trip!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

I'm in!
    Link to June 2018 Trip Report:
    https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...d=1#post419048

1997 CBR, 2004 ASMo, 2005 CBR
    2007 Pop x 2, 2008 ASMu, 2009 Pop
    2010 ASMu, 2013 CBR, 2016 CSR
    2018 Windsor Palms

Can't wait to hear all about it!
    Jen

I can't wait to read your report. I shared before but my ex-husband did a similar thing to me and planning my vacation with my daughter became my escape from reality and some days was the only thing I felt excited about. I've since taken her 3 more times and we have our 4th trip in December and a Disney Cruise booked for Dec 2019.

I think you will find some different challenges going solo with the kids, but also that in a lot of ways it is more relaxing and enjoyable with one less person to worry about. And in 20 years your kids will looks back and go, oh my gosh mom rocked so hard back in the day when she didn't even miss a beat and still managed to take us on wonderful vacations.
    Next trips -
    July 2019 - Mother/Daughter trip to Morocco and Paris - 1 day in Disneyland Paris
    December 2019 - Disney Magic - Dec 7-12

WDW -
    1993, 1997, 1998, 1999 (Cabins at Ft. Wilderness)
    9/2013 (POR)
    11/2014 (BWV)
    12/2015 (POP)
    9/2017 (CSR)
    8/2018 (POP)
    Disneyland - 2006, 2007, 2009

I am so excited to read about your trip!
    Nov 2019-W&D 10K (Pop); Aug 2019-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

we are about 2 weeks away from the trip. I got this!!!!

Disney refunded the MNSSHP and HEA dessert parties to the credit card.

All FP+ are good and I really haven't tried to move them around.

Our Magic Bands arrived.

I have ordered some new fun wrap around headbands for us for this trip....feel like these are more likely to be worn over and over at home, even when not at WDW...rather than mickey mouse ear headbands.

we are in a memory maker share and looking forward to having family pics of the 4 of us without having to stop random people to have them take them.

have started gathering stuff that we will need there...pins for trading, frogg toggs, squirt bottles, blow up ring floats, ponchos....
    it feels good to start packing.

divorce update.

mediation is over. we now have to switch a 401k to my name and have paralegal file for us.
    he only wants 2 days with the kids a month.
    because we had the mediator, he was quick to understand the amount of money I was owed for me as spouse and for kids for child support.
    without this help, he would have low-balled me and to avoid the drama...I probably would have agreed.
    mediation was great for us and very cheap compared to us both getting lawyers.
    I can't wait for the documents to be signed and be done. hoping it will happen soon....waiting on him to do his end of the paperwork...he loves to take 2-3 weeks for something that should take 15 minutes.

I may check in every night to debrief and tell you what we did that day. Think it will help me wind down each night.

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 2.39.15 PM.jpg
    Cathy
    Trip Report #3

DL~ July/August 2016

That's great news.
    Mediation doesn't always work (speaking of legal matters generally, including but not limited to divorce).

But for the right dispute, with parties who are prepared to be reasonable, even if not being reasonable to date, a good mediator can work wonders. Sounds like you had the right mix.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

So glad mediation went well.

I will gladly follow along with as many updates as you want to give. I'm 39 days out and will happily live vicariously through trip reports until then!
    Jen

I’m glad things worked out well in mediation(and getting your refunds). I hope your success continues.

Have a great trip! Hope you report back and have a wonderful time.
    Brandi

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Glad mediation went well. Looking forward to reading about your trip!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

Sounds like you are in your way to a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by RMmom View Post
    without this help, he would have low-balled me and to avoid the drama...I probably would have agreed.
    And always remember - “you’ve got this!!!!!”

Looking forward to your trip report!

Day 1

Today was the day.....we flew to FL today.
    We were B23+ for SW boarding. I was a tad nervous that we wouldn't be able to sit how we wanted to....3 kids together and me across the way from them.
    We were through all lines and at the gate 20 mins before the boarding started.
    I had the nerves taking over me, so I popped my xanax.
    When we got on the plane, we sat in row 21. 3 kids together on the right side and me on the aisle on the left.
    the flight felt like it lasted 20 mins and it was stress-free.
    we landed 20 mins early....yahoo!
    got the RAV4 from Alamo with 0 wait.
    drove to the home we rented.
    a
    mazon prime now delivery was great
    we swam, went in the hot tUb and chilled for the night.

Day 1 was perfect.

Day 2 is
    mnsshp
    Cathy
    Trip Report #3

DL~ July/August 2016

Have fun!
    Brandi

Yay! Glad travelling went smoothly. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. You got this!!!
    Nov 2019-W&D 10K (Pop); Aug 2019-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

Woohoo!! You're there!!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

Glad to hear your first day went so well!!!!

So happy that all is going well. I'm looking forward to reading more. Have a wonderful time!!!
    Jen

Day 2~
    mnsshp
    we arrived at the party a few
    mins after 4pm.
    we went down the official welco
    me to the party path and got bags and starter candy
    we like to start our trips with the flying carpets, so we did. the ride was perfect and we got sprayed with ca
    mel spit. it has been a few years since this last happened because the last trip was in Feb.
    then, we rode h
    m pre-theming for the night.
    the girls rode together and I rode with the boy. it was perfect and sweet how we split ...this split happened for
    most of the night.
    then, we rode its a s
    mall world and got the front row and sang along.
    those 3 rides were all walk-ons.
    next, we
    used our FP to ride Peter Pan.
    kids were h
    ungry by now so we decided what a great 1st WDW dinner would be and that happened to be a pretzel with cheese...no cheese for the boy. we got them back by dumbo and right after we bought them everything was shut down because there was lightning in the area. we sat while they ate and then went and got a 3 Le Fou brews for the kids to wash it down. there was still no rain at this point but things were still closed, if outside.
    so, we walked on to the little
    mermaid ride. I rode with the lil girl and the big 2 rode together.
    then, we went to ride b
    uzz...I got the high score with 121,900. there was a 10 min wait here (posted as 25)
    it was finally party ti
    me!!!!
    it started to drizzle.
    so.....we went on people
    mover and we had a blast.
    the rain was over by the ti
    me we exited the ride.
    we checked o
    ut tea cups with the party twist.
    I sp
    un the kids til we were all dizzy and I will give 10/10 to this twist and tell everyone to give it a whirl.
    we did wait
    about 10 mins to get on it.
    we walked over and rode btmrr 3x in a row with no wait.
    this is where I have to tell yo
    u that ALL 3 of my kids rode it. my big girl has never been a fan, she has tried it a few times but it was too intense for her...she is NOT a thrill person.
    the lil 2 said they wanted to go and she didnt want to be left out and/or she was ready to give it a go.
    She LOVED it.
    the 3 girls rode together and the boy rode behind
    us.
    she la
    ughed and screamed a bit.
    then we went on it 2
    more times......SHOCKER....the 3 kids rode together and I rode solo.
    the 3 had their hands
    up for part of the rides.
    disney
    magic happened!!!!
    after that, we needed ice water...stopped at
    pecos bills
    went to the front of the park to get the
    mnsshp card. wish there was a better location to get these.
    walked all the way back to h
    m to ride with the theming.
    DOH
    got caught in the 915 parade and had to wait it out ....oops....rookie mistake
    then we rode h
    m with the extra theming...kids love the extras and had to ride once before and once thetheming was added on.
    went on tea c
    ups for the 2nd time...they LOVE this ride.
    watched the fireworks by gastons tavern....have never watched back there and it was so cool to be surrounded by fireworks.
    walked back to dumbo and rode it 3x without having to get off between rides. YAHOOOOOO! I do love this ride at night.
    we walked over to frontierland to watch the 1115 parade. front row. we sat down at about 1050.
    that parade is so cool....we love the grave diggers the
    most.
    after the parade, we went on pirates and the 3 actors were not a reason to ride it during
    mnsshp, imo.
    it was
    midnight.
    we did a bit of shopping.
    got on the 1st ferry and back to TTC.

we went through a few t-o-t lines all closer to the end of the event. we walked right through and got plenty of candy. I am always shocked at the people that get in line near the start and wait 20+ mins for a handful of candy.

we took many pics throughout the night with PP people....site is down now....grrr....cant wait to see the
    m. I think I will be a sweaty mess. it was HOT.

I never ate all night. I drank 1 water. need to re
    mind myself that this was a mistake and do better tomorrow.

I cried 4x ...all happy tears. 3x were before we even stepped foot in the park.... seeing the
    sign, thinking about how this trip might not have happened and that we were there in the happiest place and I was so happy and thankful.

I a
    m so tired. it is 318 as I am finishing this post....I was waiting for the laundry to be ready for the dryer.
    we didnt get ho
    me til after 1 and then we all took showers...we NEEDED them.
    kids needed water/snacks....kids asleep by 2ish ....now I need to go switch the clothes and off to bed for
    me too.

it was an
    amazing day 2 of the trip and day 1 at wdw.

thanks for reading along.
    I will post pics soon....if not while I a
    m here...once I get home.

ignore any typos or crappy grammar....I am sleepy.

I a
    m also one happy mama tonight!!!!