Thread: What do you do with unused Disney GC Balance?

What do you do with unused Disney GC Balance?

We were at DLR earlier in the month, and since I bought tickets off site, and our hotel and flight were on credit card points, my gift card "hoarding" up to the trip this time was only to be used for in-park purchases.

Unfortunately (?) we didn't spend through our whole balance as we skipped a couple of meals I thought we'd have in-park.

What do you do with unused Disney GC balances other than hold on for next time around?

Thanks,

BB

BDUB32
    "It's all part of the experience, honey."

Cast: Me - The Planner/Disney Lover, DW - The Reluctant Participant, DS14 - The Student, DD8 - The Princess, DD6 - The Terror

WDW Offsite: Summer 198? (when Epcot was new and still cool), Spring Break 1990, January 2003, Spring Break 2013
    WDW Onsite: August 2014 - Split POR/DYC, August 2015 - CBR, Spring Break 2016 - POFQ
    DLR Offsite: June 2018

Save it or use it online for christmas gifts. If it's substantial you could sell it to one of those online gift card resale places and get part of it back - like cardpool.com - there are several of them.

Spend it at shopDisney. They have quite the sale going on right now. I did an order earlier in the month and saved over fifty dollars on swimwear alone. And I am now the proud owner of a Belle light-up wand!
    Dec 1981 Magic Kingdom/Off-site Dec 1998 Animal Kingdom, MK & Universal Studios Florida/Off-site
    Dec 2005 Disney Wonder & MK (MVMCP)/Port Orleans Riverside & Saratoga Springs Dec 2008 Disney Magic
    Nov 2011 Islands of Adventure & USF/Off-site/RC Liberty of the Seas Aug 2015 IoA & USF/Cabana Bay
    Nov 2016 Epcot, MK, HS & AK/All-Star Movies Oct 2017 AK, Ep & MK (MNSSHP)/ASMo/IoA & USF/Sapphire Falls
    Oct 2018 Disney Fantasy (HotHS) Coming soon: June 2020 IoA & USF/Disney Dream

near Cleveland OH (but out in the country)
    Somehow, I just cannot image having this problem.... Then again, I like the shops at Epcot WAY too much for that to ever happen. Christmas gifts is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by splinteroh View Post
    Somehow, I just cannot image having this problem....
    To be honest, I was quite shocked that this was the outcome. As a "planner," I sort of under-hoarded thinking better than having some left over. DLR much different than WDW, so I guess some of the meals I assumed in-park ended up being in-room or in "good neighbor" restaurants.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm sure Mrs. BDUB32 can burn through it on ShopDisney.com, but the sale certainly helps!

BB

BDUB32
    "It's all part of the experience, honey."

Cast: Me - The Planner/Disney Lover, DW - The Reluctant Participant, DS14 - The Student, DD8 - The Princess, DD6 - The Terror

WDW Offsite: Summer 198? (when Epcot was new and still cool), Spring Break 1990, January 2003, Spring Break 2013
    WDW Onsite: August 2014 - Split POR/DYC, August 2015 - CBR, Spring Break 2016 - POFQ
    DLR Offsite: June 2018

I keep them for the next trip. But I don't ever shop at ShopDisney.com, as strange as that sounds. I get my fill of Disney merch at the parks. But there's always another trip planned.