Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Worst Ride/Attraction at WDW

Quote Originally Posted by MaddiesMom View Post
    I don't get the fascination. It's a video game with a ridiculous crowded overstimulating wait. I have a 61" DLP at home in my theater room, and I don't have screaming kids and cheering teenagers to endure if I want to geek out to my xbox.
    I don't get it either. I mean it's an ok ride, but to be out of fastpasses by noon?
    Brandi

I think the fascination is because there isn't anything really like it at WDW. When we went to visit, we were sort of like "what is all of the hype about?" and couldn't believe how insane it was at RD to get FPs. Once we were on the ride we were laughing and smiling the whole time. We understood why people loved it but there is no way I'd wait over an hour for it. Honestly, there are probably no rides a WDW I'd wait over an hour for!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/dreambuildertricia

Quote Originally Posted by roamma View Post
    I knew that one would spark gasps & some outrage. It's like saying you've never seen "Miracle on 34th St" or "It's a Wonderful Life" when people are going on and on about them at Christmas. (For the record: I haven't seen them and don't plan to. The reaction I get from people is worth it.) LOL
    i've never done C of P.

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    I really think the hype is just that there are so few rides that the whole family can ride together at DHS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelly View Post
    This thread should be renamed to "Confessions."
    Now THAT could become an interesting thread. I'm just imagining all sorts of naughty stories people would tell. Hee hee hee..... Not that I've done anything unladylike in a public place at WDW; oh no, not me.

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    The Gods intervened and lit the place on fire, so the Room was shut down and the original show brought back.

The "new" show was bad. Really bad. Newt Gingrich-granted-an-open-marriage bad.
    Hahahaha!!! I have to quit drinking coffee before I read this thread, nearly spit it at the computer when I read your analogy, George! And I can't wait to see the new/old Tiki room, I hated the "under new management" crap.

I have three that are pretty much tied:

Stitch - Boring, but mostly just uncomfortable
    Figment - 10 minutes of my life I will never get back
    Ellen's Energy - At least it is good for a half hour nap in the air conditioning.

However, since they got rid of Gilbert Gottfried, the Tiki Room is on my must do list every trip.

Toy Story is mostly just about capacity. It moves through almost 1/3 as many people as Big Thunder Mountain. So if you have a 50 minute wait at Big Thunder, it's basically the equivalent of a 130 minute wait at Toy Story, just based on the number of people there.I'm not saying it's not popular, but if its capacity was much higher, you most likely wouldn't see nearly the frenzy. It's a similar situation to Star Tours, which is occasionally referred to as a "bust" based on the 20-30 minute wait times. That's mostly due to capacity too. Halve the capacity and double the wait times.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    I love TSMM - it's addictive. I think the theme is well-executed, and it's fun to try to beat your previous score. I wouldn't wait 90 minutes to ride (probably wouldn't wait 30 either), but well-planned touring makes that point moot. I think it's so popular because it really is for all ages. The low capacity of the ride, as Josh pointed out, doesn't help either.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

he's right
    Bad. Really bad. New Coke bad. Netflix new pricing structure bad.
    I don't have the nostalgia factor for the original show, and all in all actually like the New Management show better.

This is awesome - now I know what to see and what not to see on our next trip.

I still haven't done a bunch of rides (despite our last trip being 10 days LOL) but of the ones I did that were bust are:

- Narnia. Did it just for the heck of it and everyone's right - it's pretty dumb. The room decor was neat though. Good thing it's closed down.
    - Astro Orbiters. mostly because my kids didn't like the height. Being jammed into one car with two kids (NOT little) didn't help. Hard to enjoy a ride with elbows and knees sticking into your sides. We will do it again next trip though...and this time I will sit all by my lonesome self.
    - Teacups. no one in my family cares if we do this one again. And they actually get excited about spinning rides in other parks.

The ones we skipped but am planning to try:
    - Hall of Presidents
    - Tiki Room
    - Stitch
    - Living with the Land
    - Circle of Life
    - Captain EO (maybe??)

The ones we skipped and plan to continue skipping
    - Liberty Belle (it's just a boat right?!)
    - Ellen's Energy Adventures (I can't stand Ellen - so figure I'll hate this entire thing...right?)
    - Sounds Dangerous (isn't this closed?)
    - DHS Parade (can never seem to fit it into our touring plans)
    Hmm...am I missing anything for continuing to skip these??

The ones one other folk's "do not do" list that we like
    - Treehouse (it's cute. Was a definite do once...will do again if we're wandering around)
    - Country Bear Jamboree (it was cute. Didn't do it last trip but will do on next trip)
    - Carousel of Progress (we loved it - kids got a kick out of the revolving seats)
    - LMA (my son loves it and insists it's a must-do. Granted we watched it January so we'll see whether August makes us change our minds)
    - Speedway (my son loves, loves, loves it. *sigh* Granted he also loves those antique cars at just about every park out there. The things I do for my son)

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    Does anyone know why they got ride of Alien? Because it was too scary? They wanted something more updated?
    Too scary - people basically ignored the warnings because "It's Disney - how scary could it really be?" so there would be all of these crying children (and crying wimpy adults like me) every time it let out. I can honestly say - hated it.

Oh - I hate It's Tough To Be a Bug. Totally creeps me out. Actually, my whole family hated it.
    Lisa

It's Tough to Be a Bug is creepy too. It legitimately catches a lot of people off guard I feel like.

My least favorite attraction is Space Mountain I think. It legitimately hurts my body and I can't wait for it to be over.

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla! jandeeah's Avatar
    Okay I was on it when it was Alien but not since it changed to Stitch. What did they change besides adding Stitch?
    Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jandeeah View Post
    Okay I was on it when it was Alien but not since it changed to Stitch. What did they change besides adding Stitch?
    It's essentially the same plot and same effects, but with cute misbehaving Stitch standing in for a drooling, sharp-toothed killer alien. Instead of the alien breathing his hot breath on your neck, for example, Stitch belches up his chili dog, complete with smells and warm air on your neck.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Accurate.

Oh, we LOVED It's Tough to Be a Bug! Though we haven't been on it since 1998 or '99, so who knows what we'll think of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    It's essentially the same plot and same effects, but with cute misbehaving Stitch standing in for a drooling, sharp-toothed killer alien. Instead of the alien breathing his hot breath on your neck, for example, Stitch belches up his chili dog, complete with smells and warm air on your neck.
    That just does not sound like fun....
    Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here

captain eo is bad. outdated! just awful

Quote Originally Posted by johnhhprop View Post
    captain eo is bad. outdated! just awful
    I actually have no idea what Captain EO is...
    Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    I love this thread because it is so fun to see how different everyone is. So far there has not been one thing mentioned that everyone has agreed is a "Never do again/Hate it" attraction. There are a few that more people dislike then others but there seems to be at least one person who likes it. Well......no one has confessed to liking Circle of Life (the Lion King movie) yet......but everything else has a liker out there!!!

My list consists of Stitch, Space Mountain, Test Track (not that I hate it but I just don't get it.....to me....it's not much more then I experience driving my car....well...except the whole "convertible" thing), and Primevil Whirl. Oh and just because I can get a better version at DLR.....I don't mind skipping POTC and Buzz.
    And DH would join a few of you on the "don't get TSMM" thing also. (He doesn't even like playing video games regularly.)

And George.....I LOVE your analogies about the "Under New Management" Tiki Room......and agree 100%!!!!
    Brenda

only person to nominate a josh picture for potd guff's Avatar
    The key to Soarin' is getting the front/top row. For the ride to work you have to be able to believe you're flying and feet in your face ruins that effect. I enjoy Soarin' and don't think it could ever be considered the worst ride - most overrated, I'd entertain that argument but I there's lots of rides worse than Soarin'.

Keeping with the most over rated theme - Test Track. It's good but it's a bit on the tame side.

MK- Stitch (because it's scary and there's no escape hatch if your kids freak out), Speedway (because I can do essentially the same ride at my local theme park and it wastes far too much of my valuable WDW time), and Buzz (because we hate it)
    EP-Ellen (too long, too hokey, too loud...A/C might be a redeeming feature in the summer)
    AK-Conservation station/Planet Watch (the Bronx zoo is a day trip, WDW is a vacation and I have other places I'd rather spend my time)
    It's tough Being a Bug is scary--but at least you can get out if you don't like it
    Last edited by Stephanie; 02-02-2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: content

he's right
    feet in your face ruins that effect.
    Somehow this doesn't bother me.

no longer forgets her undies MaddiesMom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    My least favorite attraction is Space Mountain I think. It legitimately hurts my body and I can't wait for it to be over.
    My poor husband got the wind knocked out of him on Space Mountain on this last trip. It slammed to a stop unexpectedly and he felt wretched for the rest of the day. :(
    Hilary
    NDM #305, Wife to Brad, Mom to Maddie and Jasmine, Servant To Nine Dogs, Two Cats, and a Rabbit.
    Cake Diva. Financial Warrior. Travel Junkie.
    Travel is my drug of choice.

Primeval Whirl has a knack for doing that too.