Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Worst Ride/Attraction at WDW

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
    My son likes the Figment ride. I have too much nostalgia for the old ride & activity area to find love in my heart for what they are now, though.
    I never saw the old one so only have this one and I like it too. We even got stuck on it for over 20 minutes once with my DMIL and DDad and that is to this day one of my very favorite WDW memories.....even more so now.
    Brenda

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blyday View Post
    I never saw the old one so only have this one and I like it too. We even got stuck on it for over 20 minutes once with my DMIL and DDad and that is to this day one of my very favorite WDW memories.....even more so now.
    I also never experienced the old so that probably is how I'm able to enjoy it as much as I do.

I'm just picturing getting stuck in there though. Hopefully it was in maybe the vision area and not the scent lab. I admit it; I hold my breath when it's coming.

Space Mountain hands down. My wife and I happily skipped this punch in the nose of a ride during our trip this last week. There are plenty of attractions we skip simply because we don't feel like doing them but we actively avoid Space Mountain.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    Space Mountain hands down. My wife and I happily skipped this punch in the nose of a ride during our trip this last week. There are plenty of attractions we skip simply because we don't feel like doing them but we actively avoid Space Mountain.
    What's with Space Mountain anyway? When I was a kid, I couldn't get enough of it. It seems to have gotten rougher and rougher; or am I just getting older and older? Or both?

I don't shed any tears if SM is closed while I'm there or if I skip it. My taste for thrills hasn't diminished; just my taste for SM.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

I'd say it's because we're getting older. I can still do the Matterhorn at Disneyland which is similar dynamically but isn't as hard on the body. My wife thinks it's because we're spoiled from Disneyland's Space Mountain but I think it's just because the Disney World version is extremely rough. If you don't know any better it's not that bad.

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
    I also never experienced the old so that probably is how I'm able to enjoy it as much as I do.

I'm just picturing getting stuck in there though. Hopefully it was in maybe the vision area and not the scent lab. I admit it; I hold my breath when it's coming.
    We weren't stopped in one spot the whole time. We'd move for about 5 seconds then get stopped for 4 minutes, move 5 seconds then stopped for 5 minutes, and so on. Luckily.....we when we stopped in the smell area, it was just before the "spray" and the whole ride stopped so it wasn't like we just got sprayed time after time.
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    What's with Space Mountain anyway? When I was a kid, I couldn't get enough of it. It seems to have gotten rougher and rougher; or am I just getting older and older? Or both?

I don't shed any tears if SM is closed while I'm there or if I skip it. My taste for thrills hasn't diminished; just my taste for SM.
    We all hated SM at WDW, but all loved the one at DLR, so I really think it is that the one at WDW just kinda sucks.
    Lisa

I love Soarin. I've never been on anything before that really gave me that feeling of flying.
    But being in the front/top row definitely makes it better.

Worst attraction, by far, is Country Bear Jamboree.
    I really don't know how any one can call it "cute".
    My whole family walked out wondering what the h#$% we just watched.
    We all thought it was extremely creepy and we will definitely not do it again.

I do not love SM like I did when I was younger for sure, but my kids can not get enough of it. I remembered HATING Stitch, which we haven't been on in years. But this trip DD (8) begged to go on because she never had been and it wasn't that bad. Country Bear Jamboree might be the worst, it is really creepy

With such nice rides on EE or RnR, SM is just not as fun.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/dreambuildertricia

I liked Space Mountain at Disneyland (and Disneyland Paris even more!) better than the one at WDW. It's just so jerky.

The only attraction I just dont like is LMA. It may have been the fact that it was 235 degrees that day, but sitting smack dab in the sun at 3:30, with exhaust fumes, fire and loud noises gave me the worst migrane of my life. Ill never ever do it again, I told the family they can if they want, I happy to sit on the streets of america in the shade and people watch while they go but Ill never go again. There are other "take it or leave it attractions", Backot Tour comes to mind and Ive never seen the Michael Jackson show at Epcot (cant think of the name) and there are a number of things I could skip if we are short on time, but for the most part, we enjoy them all, even Stitch, Country Bears, Figment, Speedway, they arent worth waiting in line for but Id gladly do them over lounging by the pool so we use our afternoons for slow paced filler type attractions like these.
    As for SM, its one of my favorites, I laugh like a kid the whole time it jerks me around.

Quote Originally Posted by mill4023 View Post

Worst attraction, by far, is Country Bear Jamboree.
    I really don't know how any one can call it "cute".
    My whole family walked out wondering what the h#$% we just watched.
    We all thought it was extremely creepy and we will definitely not do it again.
    Oh, it's uber creepy. And perplexingly twisted. If it could have just gone two steps further in that direction, I think it would be almost entertaining - but instead, it just made everyone in our party confused.
    Lisa