Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Ride/Attraction at WDW

Worst Ride/Attraction at WDW

I see on a lot of the boards people write about "must see" or "must ride" but I am curious to know what some of you think are rides or attractions that you would not recommend to others.

For me, the Stunt Spectacular at HS was a half hour I'm sad to never have back. The show seemed to drag on and the fact there are no backs on the seats made it extremely uncomfortable. If it was up to me, we would have got up and left. I was way bored.

What do you think?
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/dreambuildertricia

josh's mathematician and no expiration upgrade expert Meeska Mooska's Avatar
    Journey into Narnia at HS. It was a bunch of people standing around a rock, watching scenes from the movie, then you leave. I won't do that again!

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case vatmark's Avatar
    Stitch at MK.

Ann

Yeah, Stitch gets a lot of hate on the boards, but it's totally warranted.

Oh man I forgot about how bad Stitch was!! When I was a kid I loved the Alien ride but Stitch was just bad. I was also there in mid-december and they had the AC full blast. I am sure that is nice in the hot summer days, but totally uncalled for in the winter. I was freezing and could not wait to get out of there!
    Tricia

josh's mathematician and no expiration upgrade expert Meeska Mooska's Avatar
    Funny, my son loves the Stitch "attraction". Last year, he truly though Stitch came and whispered just in his ear. He's been a huge Stitch fan since then :)

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    When I was a kid I loved the Alien ride but Stitch was just bad.
    I must admit, even though I warn againt Stitch, I've never actually done it. I did Alien once and it freaked me out. I absolutely hated it. I assume Stitch is similar, which is why I avoid it and feel that I can steer others away.

Yeah, Narnia is a huge waste of time.
    Janine

Another vote for Stitch. Ewwww.... chili-dogs.
    Lisa

4/2004- ASMovies
    5/2007- Pop
    9/2009- Pop
    3/2012 - Pop (Surprise Trip!)
    10/2013 - First stay off property at Windsor Hills
    6/2015 - Land/Sea on Disney Dream!

Yeah, Lights, Motors, Action! at Hollywood Studios is my least favorite show in Walt Disney World. Completely unbearable in the summer (May - October) too. There isn't really anything I recommend not doing though - I think everything is worth experiencing for yourself. Even Stitch.

Peanut butter is yummy.
    There isn't really anything I recommend not doing though - I think everything is worth experiencing for yourself. Even Stitch.
    I agree. Even though I swear I will never ride Speedway, AO, PW, Tea Cups again I usually get talked into those and ride them again anyway.
    I might actually do Stitch again next trip- just to confirm the pure awful-ness of it.

A lot of people think EO is a total waste of time but we got a huge kick out of it- DD even considered buying an EO T-shirt.

I have only been on Stitch a handful of times. The last time I was on it, it actually wasn't as bad as I remembered. The Stitch character itself is actually pretty amazing.

Oh I liked PW! But speedway, I agree. Very slow ride, very slow loading time.
    Tricia

josh's date at akershus stevenmilz's Avatar
    Journey into Narnia at HS. It was a bunch of people standing around a rock, watching scenes from the movie, then you leave. I won't do that again!
    Isn't this permanently closed now?

Lights, Motors, Action! at Hollywood Studios is my least favorite show in Walt Disney World
    The new part with Lightning McQueen is kind of fun for kids who like Cars. It's a pretty short segment though and the McQueen car goes pretty slow. I assume they don't want to risk damaging it.
    Steve
    Offsite (Jul 87, Nov 09, Feb 13) Disney Institute (Jun 97) CR (Aug 81, Aug 83, Aug 86, May 10) BLT (Dec 10, Sep 11) FW/VWL (Nov 10) Poly (Mar 11, May 11) BC/BCV (Dec 11, Mar 12, Jan 13) BWI/BWV (May 12, Dec 12, May 13, Sep 13, Mar 14, Sep 14) SSR (Oct 11) YC (Oct 12) Swan (Oct 13) WBC (Dec 13, May 14, Dec 14) Pop (Oct 14) POFQ (Jan 15, Mar 15, Sep 15, Oct 15, Jan 16, Sep 16, Nov 16, Mar 17, May 17) CBR (Dec 15) ASMo (Dec 16)

Narnia is gone now, isn't it? I don't really have a list of those types of things. I think everything has its place - even Stitch - but they're just not all appealing to our family. That said, we do most things in most of the parks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

Yeah Narnia has been closed permanently for several months.

Quote Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
    Narnia is gone now, isn't it? I don't really have a list of those types of things. I think everything has its place - even Stitch - but they're just not all appealing to our family. That said, we do most things in most of the parks.
    But Vicki you must have one ride or attraction that you could do without!!
    Tricia

Oh! I forgot -- Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. We went up there on my son's first trip because he really wanted to and that's how much I love him. But never again.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Yeah, Lights, Motors, Action! at Hollywood Studios is my least favorite show in Walt Disney World. Completely unbearable in the summer (May - October) too. There isn't really anything I recommend not doing though - I think everything is worth experiencing for yourself. Even Stitch.

I'm convinced that DD almost had heat stroke when we went to LMA when she was 2. I think it was a May trip. She was beet red and lathargic and I remember forking over the $20-$25 without even blinking for the spray fan that was filled with water and sitting in ice. We had drinks but I think the heat was soooo bad and she was so little it just hit her quick. We haven't went back since. I had it penciled in for this trip but when the schedule got tight, I axed it.
    Lisa

4/2004- ASMovies
    5/2007- Pop
    9/2009- Pop

Quote Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
    Oh! I forgot -- Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. We went up there on my son's first trip because he really wanted to and that's how much I love him. But never again.
    We have never went to this. After Josh's pictures from there when the President was at MK, DH wants to go to this. You've got to do everything once right?
    Lisa

4/2004- ASMovies
    5/2007- Pop
    9/2009- Pop

For my boyfriend, Country Bear Jamboree was his least favorite. He looked miserable the whole time.
    Tricia

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Stitch is in the so-bad-it's-good category for me. I LOVED Alien Encounter, and would try to jockey myself to sit next to a bratty kid in the hopes s/he would scream his/her lungs out and start crying. ::evil grin::

Sounds Dangerous. Now that's just bad.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    But Vicki you must have one ride or attraction that you could do without!!
    Oh sure, there are many things we never do or rarely do - just because no one in my family is interested. Just at MK alone - Tomorrowland Speedway, Astro Orbiter, Stitch, Carousel, Country Bears, Riverboat, Snow White, Carpets of Aladdin. We have done all of them at one time or another except for Astro Orbiter, but they are not things we really care about.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

I had repressed Country Bear Jamboree. That one is bad.
    Lisa

4/2004- ASMovies
    5/2007- Pop
    9/2009- Pop

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Josh I am shocked you didn't say Tiki Room!
    Tricia

At least Tiki Room is dark and relatively comfortable. If it was in a stadium outside, I would probably change my mind.