Thread: Meijer Gift Card (Including Disney) Promotion

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar

Meijer Gift Card (Including Disney) Promotion

$500 Disney Gift cards can be purchased at Meijer (Midwest Grocery Store) through 3/31 with a $50 reward (10% off). One $500 Card per mperk account but no limit on number of mperks accounts. Through 3/31.

There's supposedly an extra 5% off for new mperk members.

I haven't shopped at Meijer, so I don't know if the $50 is off the purchase price or good towards Meijer purchases, but will definitely check it out and report back.

Maybe someone here has more experience here.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Any update on this? I just tried to see if I could use this online (I live in PA), but it didn’t seem available to purchase online. I could see the ad though.

Quote Originally Posted by CJG17 View Post
    Any update on this? I just tried to see if I could use this online (I live in PA), but it didn’t seem available to purchase online. I could see the ad though.
    You have to sign up for the Mperk program and pick the "Home" store that you shop at most.
    The cards are in store purchases.
    It's OK to be Grumpy.
    Just not to the Grandkids.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Update: We were able to buy $1,000 in Disney Gift Cards; we each purchased a card for $500. The woman at Customer Service was totally into it!

We both signed up for mperks. We made the purchase with our Chase Freedom card via ApplePay, since this quarter's Freedom bonus is 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards Points, which I transfer to my Sapphire Reserve account to get the 1.5X points. Before long, about 15 minutes, our 10% rewards showed up in the Meijer app in the form of 10 $5 rewards. Rewards need to be used by 4/21. Not good for Gift Cards, and no cash back if the full $5 isn't used, but you can use more than one Reward at check-out.

All in all, not a bad promo. Savings equals $100, plus $75 in Chase Ultimate Rewards "cash."

The promo is only good once per phone number, so if you had more phone numbers....
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Thanks for the heads up! We shop at Meijer frequently. Sounds like I need to go use my Disney Visa to buy Disney gift cards, thereby getting the meijer rewards and my Disney rewards. Total win!
    Jen

I do most of our shopping at Meijer, and they do this promotion every few months, mainly around times of the year where you buy gifts, where you get $5/$50 in gift cards. You'll see it around Thanksgiving/Christmas, Easter, end of the school year, whenever its popular to buy gift cards.

They also have lots of promotions on restaurant gift cards, similar type promotions but specific to that restaurant, those come out mainly before Christmas.

For some reason I've never used this promotion for Disney gift cards, never really thought of it. But, use it all the time for other ones, like if I need clothes I will get some for Macy's, that kind of thing. Love this promotion.
    Cindy

I know this particular promo ended in March, but I noticed the comment that they do it every few months, and the end of the school year was mentioned. Just wondering if this has come back around yet?
    Andrea
    Seriously addicted to Disney
    Cast: Me DH DS (20) DD (13)

Past Trips:
    WDW (me as a kid) Dec 1972 🎢 WDW (ASMo) May 2003 🎢 WDW (ASMo) April 2007 🎢 WDW/NSSHP (CBR) Sept 2009 🎢 Cruise (Dream)/WDW (Poly)/NSSHP Oct 2011 🎢 WDW (CBR) Christmas 2011 🎢 DLR (Disneyland Hotel) Christmas 2012 🎢 WDW (POR) Thanksgiving/ MVMCP 2015 🎢 WDW (POR) July 2017 🎢 Heading Back (WL) December 2019!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
    I know this particular promo ended in March, but I noticed the comment that they do it every few months, and the end of the school year was mentioned. Just wondering if this has come back around yet?
    Yes....
    Until 5/19/18
    I picked up a $500.00 card the other day.
    It's OK to be Grumpy.

Great, I have to make the drive to the closest major town to me This weekend, and they have a Meijer there, so I'll stop by. Thanks!
    Andrea
    Seriously addicted to Disney
    Cast: Me DH DS (20) DD (13)

Past Trips:
    WDW (me as a kid) Dec 1972 🎢 WDW (ASMo) May 2003 🎢 WDW (ASMo) April 2007 🎢 WDW/NSSHP (CBR) Sept 2009 🎢 Cruise (Dream)/WDW (Poly)/NSSHP Oct 2011 🎢 WDW (CBR) Christmas 2011 🎢 DLR (Disneyland Hotel) Christmas 2012 🎢 WDW (POR) Thanksgiving/ MVMCP 2015 🎢 WDW (POR) July 2017 🎢 Heading Back (WL) December 2019!!!

They’re doing gift card deal again!

Quote Originally Posted by renessa View Post
    They’re doing gift card deal again!
    Yup.......
    I had visit two Meijer's to find any Disney cards and I snagged the last loadable card that the second store had.
    The cashier said they were having trouble keeping them in stock.
    It's OK to be Grumpy.