Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Resort Parking Fees Coming? (rumor)

prefers quisp over quake tiggr88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    haha yes! "We're all jamming into our friend's car - he's a member staying on DVC points! There are 17 of us."

Reminds me of the old drive in movie days. Pay by the person, everyone in the trunk.
    Oct 89 QS, Sep '98 Poly Concierge, Jan '01 ASMu, Oct '01 HI Family Suites, Oct '03 HIFS, Oct '03 Portofino Bay (anniversary trip), Dec '04 POFQ, Oct '05 ASMu, Oct '06 ASMu, Nov '07 Magic cruise, Nov '08 ASMu (family reunion), Dec '08 BCV/BC (20th anniversary trip w/o kids), Aug '10 HRH, Sept/Oct '11

Quote Originally Posted by tiggr88 View Post
    Reminds me of the old drive in movie days. Pay by the person, everyone in the trunk.
    That's normal, right? Everyone has ridden in the trunk of a car at least once in their life, right?
    Tanya

Medals received : 08 WDW Half ~ 10 Princess Half + 10 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 11 WDW Full ~ 11 Wine & Dine Half ~ 12 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 12 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 13 Half + Full = GOOFY ~ 13 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare + C2C ~ 14 January Marathon Volunteer ~ 14 ToT 10 miler ~ 15 DOPEY Challenge ~ 15 Avengers ~ 17 cxld Half ~ 2017 DLParis

Medals pending : 2021 Star Wars, 2023 Glass Slipper + Tink

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    haha yes! "We're all jamming into our friend's car - he's a member staying on DVC points! There are 17 of us."
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggr88 View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of renting a car-hauling truck and loading it with guests' cars. Along the lines of the old Value Resorts Refrigerator Share.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Along the lines of the old Value Resorts Refrigerator Share.
    omg i had completely forgotten about the fridge shares!!!! haha
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

omg i had completely forgotten about the fridge shares!!!! haha
    This was a thing? Like people pooled together and bought a dorm fridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Goofballs View Post
    This was a thing? Like people pooled together and bought a dorm fridge?
    LOL I forgot about this as well. I read this post just after thinking about a MM share.

Yes, this was a big thing. Family #1 would use the fridge and when they checked out, they would pass it to family #2.

We were making it rain in January!

Attachment 10303
    awesome photo! Everyone looks so happy. Proper Disney happy faces
    Last edited by Nia; 03-24-2018 at 05:22 AM.

I sort of glancingly come back to the topic is this completely speculative post: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2018/04/0...world-resorts/
    Struggling author of yourfirstvisit.net and co-author of The easy Guide.

Interesting - thanks for writing that up. Seems to make sense to me, but with WDW I could see them still also raise prices 14%.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Shute View Post
    I sort of glancingly come back to the topic is this completely speculative post: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2018/04/0...world-resorts/
    That seems like a rather elaborate shell game for not a lot of gain. However, I have seen corporations do more for less just to make their bottom line look that teeny bit better so it is certainly not beyond the realm of possibilities.
    Dec 1981 Magic Kingdom/Off-site Dec 1998 Animal Kingdom, MK & Universal Studios Florida/Off-site
    Dec 2005 Disney Wonder & MK (MVMCP)/Port Orleans Riverside & Saratoga Springs Dec 2008 Disney Magic
    Nov 2011 Islands of Adventure & USF/Off-site/RC Liberty of the Seas Aug 2015 IoA & USF/Cabana Bay
    Nov 2016 Epcot, MK, HS & AK/All-Star Movies Oct 2017 AK, Ep & MK (MNSSHP)/ASMo/IoA & USF/Sapphire Falls
    Oct 2018 Disney Fantasy (HotHS) Coming soon: June 2020 IoA & USF/Disney Dream

I'm not sure it's terribly elaborate, nor a shell game. With the hotel/lodging industry increasingly obfuscating actual room rates with add-on charges like parking and resort fees, there's a well-established model both for WDW to follow and for consumers to be familiar with. In every case it's a strategy to increase revenue.

I'm not sure it's terribly elaborate, nor a shell game. With the hotel/lodging industry increasingly obfuscating actual room rates with add-on charges like parking and resort fees, there's a well-established model both for WDW to follow and for consumers to be familiar with. In every case it's a strategy to increase revenue.
    When you're charging the premium disney does in exchange for the "disney resort experience" then it would take elephant balls to then add a resort fee on top of that. Parking charges are a much lower hanging fruit to grab for.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mp74 View Post
    When you're charging the premium disney does in exchange for the "disney resort experience" then it would take elephant balls to then add a resort fee on top of that. Parking charges are a much lower hanging fruit to grab for.

I’m not sure that people who (willingly?) pay outrageous Disney resort tariffs would expect that there wouldn’tbe a resort fees that are charged at just about every resort across the country.

Stupid Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I’m not sure that people who (willingly?) pay outrageous Disney resort tariffs would expect that there wouldn’t be a resort fees that are charged at just about every resort across the country.
    Agree with George.
    Struggling author of yourfirstvisit.net and co-author of The easy Guide.

he's right
    Exactly. The more expensive a property, the more things tend to be charged for a la carte on top of room rates.

If you try to nickel and dime people to death who are already paying a small fortune to stay in your resort you should expect to turn people off. "The room is 600 bucks a night but we're gonna charge you an extra 20 bucks for stuff you're already paying for" Not a good look. Parking is a little easier to justify since so many don't use it.

prefers quisp over quake tiggr88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Shute View Post
    Great - Just in time for me to change my trip approach from fewer but longer stays to more frequent but shorter stays.
    Oct 89 QS, Sep '98 Poly Concierge, Jan '01 ASMu, Oct '01 HI Family Suites, Oct '03 HIFS, Oct '03 Portofino Bay (anniversary trip), Dec '04 POFQ, Oct '05 ASMu, Oct '06 ASMu, Nov '07 Magic cruise, Nov '08 ASMu (family reunion), Dec '08 BCV/BC (20th anniversary trip w/o kids), Aug '10 HRH, Sept/Oct '11

Didn't get a chance to read this entire thread yet, but I thought our new experience was noteworthy:

We stayed in AKL April 6-13 (booked before March). We rented a car and visited many other resorts (twice we abused Beach Club to hop over to Epcot IG later in the day, and also had a bunch of resort ADRs).

It seems the lot attendants weren't interested in looking at ADRs anymore; the one and only verification they cared about was if we were staying at a WDW resort. Guess that is the new litmus test?
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

This has been reported in many sites but the resort parking fees are going up as of 2 days ago:

For reservations made before June 18, 2019 for arrivals in 2019 or 2020:

• Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
    • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
    • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

For reservations made June 18, 2019 and thereafter for arrivals in 2020:

• Disney Value Resorts: $15 per night
    • Disney Moderate Resorts: $20 per night
    • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $25 per night

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/gu...vices/parking/

Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

that's a shame
    If you rent a car while you're in WDW, add that daily parking fee to the rental cost. Ouch.

We're doing a half WDW, half Vero Beach DVC trip in August. I decided to pick up the rental at the Dolphin on the day we leave WDW for VB.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

Can I park at Disney Springs for free and take the bus to and from my resort?

Stupid Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    This has been reported in many sites but the resort parking fees are going up as of 2 days ago:

For reservations made before June 18, 2019 for arrivals in 2019 or 2020:

• Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
    • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
    • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

For reservations made June 18, 2019 and thereafter for arrivals in 2020:

• Disney Value Resorts: $15 per night
    • Disney Moderate Resorts: $20 per night
    • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $25 per night

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Whew.. You scared me for a minute.. lol

Disney Vacation Club Members
    Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
    We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Whew.. You scared me for a minute.. lol

Disney Vacation Club Members
    Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
    There is no *additional* fee to DVC members for parking at DVC resorts, because our annual dues pay for the parking lot maintenance and upkeep (i.e., members own the lots and pay the people who staff them).

Yes the DVC exemption has been in effect since they added resort parking fees and is unlikely to go away
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    [/LIST]

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere here, but do cabin guests pay for parking?
    Once in a lifetime trip in 2004 ...