Thread: Caring for Giants in AK?

Caring for Giants in AK?

Has anyone done the Caring for Giants experience in AK? My almost 6 yo loves elephants but I'm not sure if it'll be interesting enough for young kids.

You might want to check out episode 122 of Radio Harambe.

https://radioharambe.podbean.com/e/e...ng-for-giants/

Thanks so much hizouse! I'll check it out.

My kids did it last year. They were 4.5 and 6 years old and really enjoyed it. And they aren't all that into animals. The CMs are great and one pulled them aside and showed them materials about the elephants suitable to their ages while the cultural representative was talking about things more appropriate for older kids and adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    My kids did it last year. They were 4.5 and 6 years old and really enjoyed it. And they aren't all that into animals. The CMs are great and one pulled them aside and showed them materials about the elephants suitable to their ages while the cultural representative was talking about things more appropriate for older kids and adults.
    That sounds great! I think we'll really enjoy it. It seems like a great add on for AK. Can't wait! Hurry up June!!

If you are going in June definitely try for the earliest time for the tour. We did it at 4 pm in March and the Elephants were less active and clustered together in the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    If you are going in June definitely try for the earliest time for the tour. We did it at 4 pm in March and the Elephants were less active and clustered together in the shade.
    Good to know. Thanks!

Myself, DD13, and DS9 did this last year. In general we were very interested...DS did get a bit bored by the end, but he played in the dirt and was fine lol. Our cultural representative was amazing! I think we went at like 3? There seemed to be plenty of shade if I remember...