Thread: WBC requests

WBC requests

Hi All,

First, thank you for your input on how to get groceries for our upcoming stay at WBC, I think we have a plan now!

On to my next question if you don't mind...I know that room/tower requests are not officially taken and definitely not guaranteed at WBC, but just in case there's some flexibility at check-in, I'd like to know what we should request.

We have two priorities...quiet and the easiest parking. I've done some research and I am assuming we should ask for a parking lot view to avoid the noise from the pools, correct?

I read that parking is more difficult when you return late. One of our goals is to see all night time entertainment, so we will be returning late most days of our stays. I have read that towers 1,2&3 have the best parking situation. With our late hours, will we likely end up in a garage anyway?

We'll be there the week after Easter, so I'm expecting it to be crowded and loud.

We don't need a fireworks view.

Thanks for any input you have on this question,
    Ada

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ada View Post
    Hi All,

First, thank you for your input on how to get groceries for our upcoming stay at WBC, I think we have a plan now!

On to my next question if you don't mind...I know that room/tower requests are not officially taken and definitely not guaranteed at WBC, but just in case there's some flexibility at check-in, I'd like to know what we should request.

We have two priorities...quiet and the easiest parking. I've done some research and I am assuming we should ask for a parking lot view to avoid the noise from the pools, correct?

I read that parking is more difficult when you return late. One of our goals is to see all night time entertainment, so we will be returning late most days of our stays. I have read that towers 1,2&3 have the best parking situation. With our late hours, will we likely end up in a garage anyway?

We'll be there the week after Easter, so I'm expecting it to be crowded and loud.

We don't need a fireworks view.

Thanks for any input you have on this question,
    Ada
    My experiences:

Both times I've reserved a Presidential Suite, which are all located in Tower 6. Tower 6 has surface parking and an attached parking deck which is shared with the Wyndham Grand (hotel) next door, where it says "covered parking" on the map below.

Parking when returning for an afternoon break is really easy, and there are plenty of spots in the surface lot. At night after parks close, the surface lot tends to be full, so we just park in the deck; always plenty of spots in the deck.

I don't know how noisy the pool-facing suites are; both times we've gotten units facing Disney Springs, on a high floor, and never had a problem with noise.

I know this doesn't help much if you're not in Tower 6, but I do know there's another parking deck between Towers 4 & 5 (where it says "parking deck" on the map below), and might make parking close to your building easier. So I'd request something in 4 or 5 if you don't have a Presidential Suite booked. Either way, request a high floor to lessen your chances of hearing noise, from anywhere.

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

he's right
    We were in Tower 1 over Christmas, and parking was no problem. Don't worry too much. No, you won't park right next to the door ,but it is compact.

Great, thanks! It's good to hear that parking wasn't an issue at Christmas, that makes me feel better about Spring Break. Sounds like we should request a high floor, that is always our top priority regardless of where we are staying. We'll let parking solve itself.

Oh, and thank you George for the WBC map. It's better than the other ones I've been able to find online. I am very excited about staying at WBC on this trip!

We will be checking into WBC in just ONE more week!!!

Thank you for the great information. We have stayed here one time before, but it was a Presidential. This time we just have the regular, and I have been worried about parking. And worried about a good condo on a high floor. And worried if my extended family will like it since I suggested it. I know, I worry too much.

Last time, we were on a very high floor. We were also facing the pirate ship pool due to being in tower 6. I don't remember it being to terribly loud. But I do remember going to the pool/lazy river and looking at the condos on lower floors and glad that I was not in one of them.

Yep, that's what I would like to avoid if I can!

My last trip there, they assigned me a room on the first floor, facing the pirate pool. I said no thank you, please give me something higher anywhere else. They moved me within the same building (tower 6) to the 5th floor I think, parking view. Nice and quiet indeed. This was during wine and dine half marathon, so semi-busy time.

On a thansgiving trip in 2012, we were on the 12th floor tower 5 with a lake and sunset view. Beautiful and also quiet. And I’ve also been in tower 2 twice, parking view - end units. No issues with noise or parking anywhere. Yes, late night returns will require you to park in the structure but it’s not a big deal. I wouldn’t worry about it!
    Tanya

Medals received : 08 WDW Half ~ 10 Princess Half + 10 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 11 WDW Full ~ 11 Wine & Dine Half ~ 12 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 12 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 13 Half + Full = GOOFY ~ 13 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare + C2C ~ 14 January Marathon Volunteer ~ 14 ToT 10 miler ~ 15 DOPEY Challenge ~ 15 Avengers ~ 17 cxld Half ~ 2017 DLParis

Medals pending : 2021 Star Wars, 2023 Glass Slipper + Tink

Awesome, thanks for sharing your experience! I'm ok with parking, but will definitely try to get a higher floor.

Great thread and great suggestions. We are staying at WBC in May. It will be our first time at WBC and our first time doing WDW offsite.
    KEVIN

Cast: Me , DW, DS (12), DD(10), DS (5)
    Previous trips: 03/2009-ASMo, 03/2012-POR, 10/2014-AoA, 01/2016 - 1/2 Marathon, POR