Thread: Resort airline check in and baggage fee waivers

Resort airline check in and baggage fee waivers

Will RAC know if someone is entitled to a baggage fee waiver du to status or whatever? Specifically for me, Delta charges $25 per bag, but holders of certain Amex Delta credit cards are entitled to one free bag for themselves and each person in their party. We are 4 people with 2 checked bags to that covers us completely. Except I wonder if the RAC service is sufficiently connected to Delta to know I should not be charged. Has anyone ever had a similar situation and know if it is handled properly.
    For clarity, this is not a situation where I am charged the fee and the credit card reimburses me. Instead, the baggage computers at the airport know I have the Delta Amex card and just donít charge the fee to begin with. TIA
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Yes. Though in my experience they ask if we have to pay the fee, I say no, we have _____ and get free bags. They say "ok". I can't recall that they've required to see the card, or other membership. But I've not had to pay or had other issues.

Thank you Angie.

Agreed. In January I think we just had to scan our ticket or something (it was on my husbands phone so I'm not really sure what they scanned) and it brought up our flight info and our delta account. Which showed that we get free bags. No issue whatsoever.

Thanks for the second opinion Chrystal
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

It went smoothly. They did ask to see the credit card. Honestly not sure if thatís SOP or not, but I would recommend having it just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    Will RAC know if someone is entitled to a baggage fee waiver du to status or whatever? Specifically for me, Delta charges $25 per bag, but holders of certain Amex Delta credit cards are entitled to one free bag for themselves and each person in their party. We are 4 people with 2 checked bags to that covers us completely. Except I wonder if the RAC service is sufficiently connected to Delta to know I should not be charged. Has anyone ever had a similar situation and know if it is handled properly.
    For clarity, this is not a situation where I am charged the fee and the credit card reimburses me. Instead, the baggage computers at the airport know I have the Delta Amex card and just don’t charge the fee to begin with. TIA

In our experience, they've always known and never questioned. I was somewhat concerned the first few times we used RAC, but no problem.