Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BOG Dinner will begin offering Prix Fixe option

I just notice my late july reservation is no longer on mde. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

mine are still there but they are pre changes

My late July dinner reservation is still there, though I had a struggle to get it in the first place.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    My July 22nd BOG Dinner reservation is still there.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I've been trying to get a reservation for Sept since my ADR date opened, and they haven't opened the entire month of sept and it looks like most of August as well. Very frustrating. Breakfast and lunch are, but no dinner.

Maybe something is going on with the changes that they aren't doing reservations.
    Cindy

My September 24th dinner ADR is still showing.
    Tom

Aug/Sep 2004 (POP); Aug 2009 (POP); Aug/Sep 2012 (POR/AoA); Nov 2013 (ASMu); Jun 2015 (POP); Jan 2016 (offsite/ASSp); Nov 2017 (ASMu); Sep 2018 (ASMo/POP); Jun/Jul 2019 (POP)

My wife and I often share meals. Does anyone know if that would be allowed on a Prix Fixe menu?

Quote Originally Posted by speake View Post
    My wife and I often share meals. Does anyone know if that would be allowed on a Prix Fixe menu?
    Good question. I don't know if there is a definitive answer since they haven't gone to the new format yet. You could call and ask but I wouldn't be surprised if different CMs would give a different answer.

My guess is because Beast meets at the meal it will be treated like a character meal where everyone pays regardless of how much they eat. CRT is a similar fixed price 3 course meal and there isn't an option to split the meal.

The whole purpose of the change is to increase revenue per diner so i can't imagine they'll allow people to split meals.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Has anyone participated in the new prefix menu. Also is the Beast still there?

trying again :)

Has anyone participated in the new prefix menu. Also is the Beast still there?
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

Beast still there. I haven't tried the new meal yet but I think Josh did a review. And WDWNT did a review. My general impression was the food was fine but not amazing or signature in quality. You are paying for Beast and the castle and the popularity of the meal. Still, the food sounds to be no worse than CRT (probably a little better) and the price is less (although only 1 character and not 4).

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Beast still there. I haven't tried the new meal yet but I think Josh did a review. And WDWNT did a review. My general impression was the food was fine but not amazing or signature in quality. You are paying for Beast and the castle and the popularity of the meal. Still, the food sounds to be no worse than CRT (probably a little better) and the price is less (although only 1 character and not 4).
    Thank you Anne! I heard on a Mom's board that the Beast wasn't there but I have a feeling they went at lunch and didn't know he was only there at Dinner.
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

I think the new fixed price dinner menu and 2 credits is making an impact on demand. I was able to easily find an ADR for dinner less than 180 days in advance :-)

We did the new menu the first week of November and I liked it. I felt the food was higher quality than CRT and the price was lower. Add to that my boys prefer to meet Beast over the princesses these days (sniff) and it is currently the better castle meal for us.