Thread: Edison

Edison

I'm dying for more info. Anyone happen to go last night or plan to go soo ?

I have been wondering the same thing today... and hoping it is now officially open going forward. But, after some searching found nothing.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

http://forums.insideuniversal.net/th...-review.12901/

The only thing I've seen is a short review of NYE opening party.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    forums.insideuniversal.net/threads/the-edison-opening-night-review.12901/

The only thing I've seen is a short review of NYE opening party.
    I just found that too, and came here to post it. You beat me by 3 minutes... guess I shouldn't have read it first.

Not sure how much to trust the reviewer, but it was interesting to learn more about it either way.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

It looks like a few people reviewed it on the official Facebook page too:

https://www.facebook.com/theedisonfla/
    Micah

MousePerks

Looking forward to a review from Josh about it!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    I predicted a while ago that Edison lightbulbs would be passť by the time this place opened. I was pretty accurate!
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Micah

MousePerks

Looks like it soft-opened last night. Here is the first review of a normal dinner night, and not just the New Year's celebration.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/the-e...ey-springs.htm
    Micah

MousePerks

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    Looks like it soft-opened last night. Here is the first review of a normal dinner night, and not just the New Year's celebration.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/the-e...ey-springs.htm
    You rock for finding all of this coverage!

DH and I went last night. ​They told us it was their official for night of operation. We didn't even realize it. We weren't planning it, went to DS planning on Morimoto. Stopped by Edison and had planned on a drink at the bar and just stayed.

Had the bacon appetizer and burger. Watched the band and wine of the burlesque dancer

Loved all of it. Booked a return night for our anniversary in April

They did tell us the menu will grow. The current food menu is a work in progress. The guy next to us at the bar was from LA and he stopped by to compare it to the original. He said it was a neat comparison. Different in good ways

They are currently taking reservations on Open Table but not through Disney ADRs it seems.

https://www.opentable.com/r/the-edison-orlando
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

And we booked directly with the restaurant last night. Not sure how far out Open Table goes, I know it's limited. We were able to book for April last night at the restaurant

I was just able to book for June on open table. Thanks for the heads up!

This is confusing to me. The Edison is one of the pre-eminent craft cocktail bars in L.A. And this is a cocktail bar in Disney Springs, I guess. But, judging by the whole theming thing, not related to the original Edison bar at all. What's up with this?

According to the Orlando Business Journal the Orlando version is modeled after the LA nightclub. But its not a direct relation, ie. they are not run by the same people. Think of it as a great idea that they borrowed (with permission).

Quote Originally Posted by Alcachofa View Post
    This is confusing to me. The Edison is one of the pre-eminent craft cocktail bars in L.A. And this is a cocktail bar in Disney Springs, I guess. But, judging by the whole theming thing, not related to the original Edison bar at all. What's up with this?
    I was under the impression that it is

The man seated next to us at the bar was from LA, in Orlando for business, and came to check it out and compare the two. He said they had some similarities but the one in LA is in an old remodeled building and this one is new construction but made to look old. He said he thought it carried a similar feel. You even said yourself, the one in LA is a craft cocktail bar and the one in DS is a cocktail bar with craft cocktails. Seems close to me

agreed Angi, They are not both owned by Patina though. Only the Orlando one is...

Quote Originally Posted by pixarprincess View Post
    agreed Angi, They are not both owned by Patina though. Only the Orlando one is...
    True but they told us it's got licensing from him or some sort of other agreement in place. And the manager said they sent mixologists out from LA to do the training for the last several months. DH was complimenting him on the knowledge of the bartending staff

Good to know. Thanks.