Thread: Dining Reviews from Thanksgiving trip

Dining Reviews from Thanksgiving trip

Reviews from our Thanksgiving 2017 trip...

Wave Breakfast - Mixed reviews - this is a buffet - we went one time at 9;30am and twice at 10:30am. 9;30am time was great. 10:30am time, both days, was frustrating because the buffet could not keep up with the number of people trying to eat. The waitress the second morning says that every day around 10am through the remainder of breakfast this is an issue because they slow down the cooking as the breakfast period winds up but there are still a lot of big parties coming through. The second morning we went up to the buffet at about 10:35am and literally every hot pan was empty. There was a group of people just standing there with plates, and as soon as a pan came out of the kitchen, people jumped in to get the food before it was gone. This led to people hoarding food - one lady literally took half the pan of scrambled eggs - because everyone wanted to make sure they got enough before it was out again. My husband gave up and just ordered off the menu. The buffet is good - just make sure to book an early time.

Grand Floridian Café Dinner - We had shrimp and grits - which was very good - and the Café sandwich - which DH didn't really like. I think this is more of a brunch place.. we've eaten brunch here in the past and it was very good.

Wave Lunch - DH had a cheeseburger he says was very good. I had a grilled chicken sandwich which was standard. This was a very limited lunch menu but if you are at the Contemporary and need lunch it works well.

California Grill Dinner - We always enjoy dinner here because of the atmosphere and the view. The food was all very good except DH got the scallops and they came out cold. Otherwise everything was great.

Be Our Guest Dinner - We go here every trip as we really like the atmosphere, but every time we go the food seems to get worse. This particular time - granted was Friday after Thanksgiving - the service was really bad. The wait staff was flying around, we never could get a water refill. It was chaos.

Garden Grill Dinner - We enjoyed this. The character interaction was good and the food was good. Service was also good. Will definitely be back.

Quote Originally Posted by clayton View Post
    Wave Breakfast - Mixed reviews - this is a buffet - we went one time at 9;30am and twice at 10:30am. 9;30am time was great. 10:30am time, both days, was frustrating because the buffet could not keep up with the number of people trying to eat. The waitress the second morning says that every day around 10am through the remainder of breakfast this is an issue because they slow down the cooking as the breakfast period winds up but there are still a lot of big parties coming through. The second morning we went up to the buffet at about 10:35am and literally every hot pan was empty. There was a group of people just standing there with plates, and as soon as a pan came out of the kitchen, people jumped in to get the food before it was gone. This led to people hoarding food - one lady literally took half the pan of scrambled eggs - because everyone wanted to make sure they got enough before it was out again. My husband gave up and just ordered off the menu. The buffet is good - just make sure to book an early time.
    We've booked a 10:30am ADR at The Wave and I am concerned now. Has anyone else had the same experience with food running out, etc?
    Aug 1987 (ish) - WDW with parents and brother
    Dec 2006 - WDW with DH
    Dec 2007 - WDW with DH and bump!
    Oct 2011 - WDW with DH, DD and DD
    Dec 2013 - WDW with DH, DD and DD
    Dec 2015 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL
    Dec 2017 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL
    Dec 2019 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL (I see a pattern emerging)!!