Thread: Ale and compass

Ale and compass

We just had a lovely meal at ale and compass. It is a huge improvement over captains grill. The décor was elegant but casual at the same time. A good value on the deluxe plan. We enjoyed the garlic shrimp, baked oysters, and parker house rolls for appetizers. They were all good but the shrimp was best. The t bone steak was one of the best I have had at Disney very tender. We also enjoyed the lobster and clams. For dessert we had the chocolate cake, trio of puddings, and pavlova. I liked the pavlova the best although the butterscotch pudding was very good. It was a nice easy meal with a last minute ADR.

Thanks for the review! We have an ADR there, but I've been nervous. We loved Captain's Grille, but only went there for the breakfast buffet once. What in the world is baked oysters? I've heard and seen raw oysters (yuck!) and fried oysters, but baked? It sounds like you went for dinner, but we will be going for lunch with a more limited menu.

The baked oysters tasted very similar to spinach dip in an oyster shell will a cooked oyster. I defiantly preferred the shrimp.