Thread: Yacht Club Nov 2017 - Post dog policy

Yacht Club Nov 2017 - Post dog policy

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Yacht Club. Once the "dog" policy was implemented we tried to switch resorts but without luck. I was very nervous about hearing barking dogs. Happy to report that I did not see or hear a dog the entire time. Garden view room - no issues. We enjoyed the food and wine festival, did a charter fishing trip which was fun. Great meals at Yachtsman, Flying Fish, and Le Ceillier. Only used the boats for transportation and they were fine. Great stay!

living life to its fullest 3Caballeros's Avatar
    I'm glad to read you had a great stay at Yacht Club! We loved it there when we stayed in 2010. ADRs sound wonderful!

Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad it went well, sounds like a fun trip.
    Not too big a surprise. I simply can't imagine there are guest after guest dragging Fido with them to Disney to a point where it's going to become something that causes great impact.

I don't currently own a dog, and I know kennels are expensive- but leaving a dog cooped up in small room day after day does not sound awesome.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    I don't currently own a dog, and I know kennels are expensive- but leaving a dog cooped up in small room day after day does not sound awesome.
    The added room cost to bring a dog to Disney is expensive too. Our kennel costs are lower. But we may be lucky in that
    Add on top of that your pooch is cooped up all day and you have to make time to go back to feed and walk them, plus transport them with you to Disney, and it's all just a whole lot of trouble.
    This is all why I simply don't see Disney "going to the dogs" with this new policy.
    Some sure, dogs everywhere, no.
    And truth be told, the welcome kit from Pluto is as cute as it can be. I'd love to have one for our new pup but not enough to bring him. So he'll go without