Thread: Marriott SpringHill Suites Flamingo Crossings

Marriott SpringHill Suites Flamingo Crossings

This is a quick post concerning the two Marriott suite hotels located at Flamingo Crossings. Our family of six was in town one weekend for a non-Disney Parks visit and found the SpringHill Suites at that location to be convenient if you were looking for an offsite hotel. They are located slightly past the Coronado Resort. There is a low cost shuttle service to the Parks offered by the hotels, but I do not have any information to offer regarding that.

The one bedroom suite was the standard SpringHill Suites configuration, with two queen beds and a sofa bed. There is the standard free Marriott continental breakfast, and they use a unique red, yellow, and green color coding system to suggest what are the most preferred times to arrive for breakfast. SpringHill Suites connects with the adjacent TownPlace Suites with the large zero entry pool and poolside bar. I have heard good things about this TownPlace.

There is free parking, though we did have to park behind the TownPlace Suites when we returned late in the evening. We have used Buena Vista Suites and the Caribe Royale in the past for our non-Disney visits or for late evening arrivals when we didnít want to pay for a Disney Hotel, but these suites offer an attractive alternative for us.

We stayed there last week for 1 night and I totally agree with everything you posted! We have 5 in our group. The fitness area was great. The pool was great. And the breakfast was also great!

We had a fireworks view and could see the fireworks from Disney. It was far away, but we all 5 sat on the bed by the window and watched them.

Good to hear! We stay at Springhills a lot when we travel for my daughters gymnastics meets. I've yet to try this one at Flamingo Crossings. Good to hear it's just as nice as the other ones. Thanks for sharing!
    Tanya

Medals received : 08 WDW Half ~ 10 Princess Half + 10 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 11 WDW Full ~ 11 Wine & Dine Half ~ 12 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 12 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 13 Half + Full = GOOFY ~ 13 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare + C2C ~ 14 January Marathon Volunteer ~ 14 ToT 10 miler ~ 15 DOPEY Challenge ~ 15 Avengers ~ 17 cxld Half ~ 2017 DLParis

Medals pending : 2021 Star Wars, 2023 Glass Slipper + Tink

Did you obtain any information regarding the shuttle service when you stayed that one night? Fireworks from your room, no matter how far away they may be, are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by runDisneygirl View Post
    Good to hear! We stay at Springhills a lot when we travel for my daughters gymnastics meets. I've yet to try this one at Flamingo Crossings. Good to hear it's just as nice as the other ones. Thanks for sharing!
    We spent so much time this year at various Marriotts (college visits/trips, ballet competitions and performances), that I think I have enough points that if an award existed, I would get a 2 bedroom Club Level Suite and I WOULD BE IMPRESSED WITH THE SUITE.

Shhhhhhh. This has been our go-to hidden gem. They seem to be realizing it though as prices keep rising. And at first "fireworks view" wasn't a bookable (or extra $) class.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofballs View Post
    Shhhhhhh. This has been our go-to hidden gem. They seem to be realizing it though as prices keep rising. And at first "fireworks view" wasn't a bookable (or extra $) class.
    Good point. I'll advise everyone to go stay at the ones near Sea World.

We stayed on July 3rd for $89. (Fireworks view). I kept trying to book it for that night, but the price was too high and then it came down to $89 for that 1 night at the very last minute. I am so glad we went there. My daughter is a college runner so we had to have a treadmill and I have to say that the fitness room was one of the nicest we have seen on this trip. But it was packed in there. They had multiple machines for everything and a very nice weight area. (I know nothing about exercising. Ha Ha But she loved the treadmill here. Very sturdy and room was clean. )

As far as the shuttle, I didn't check that out. But the location is soooo close to Disney, you would not believe it. It is on the side that I didn't even know existed. Not a soul in sight when you are driving on Western Way. I am sure at some point that area is going to expand alot.

Quote Originally Posted by blambo22 View Post
    We stayed on July 3rd for $89. (Fireworks view). I kept trying to book it for that night, but the price was too high and then it came down to $89 for that 1 night at the very last minute. I am so glad we went there. My daughter is a college runner so we had to have a treadmill and I have to say that the fitness room was one of the nicest we have seen on this trip. But it was packed in there. They had multiple machines for everything and a very nice weight area. (I know nothing about exercising. Ha Ha But she loved the treadmill here. Very sturdy and room was clean. )

As far as the shuttle, I didn't check that out. But the location is soooo close to Disney, you would not believe it. It is on the side that I didn't even know existed. Not a soul in sight when you are driving on Western Way. I am sure at some point that area is going to expand alot.
    It was so deserted coming past the Welcome Sign on that side that there was no chance of being rear ended.