Thread: Speaking of "compulsive over-planning disease..."

Speaking of "compulsive over-planning disease..."

We have reservations for AofA and I'm super excited about it. (Mermaid Room - just me and my hubby)

But b/c I have the over-planning disease, I keep checking for other "deals"

At this point I could get Carribean resort for just about $15 more (total - not per night, b/c it's only a couple of nights). I know it's less expensive right now b/c it's being refurbished, but bear with me.....here are my thoughts:

from a fun and food perspective it seems AoA wins (let me know if you disagree, of course) b/c of Landscape of Flavors and it's just newer and maybe (?) more interesting

Now, don't laugh - but AofA Mermaid doesn't seem to have coffee makers (or microwaves to warm up bottled water for starbucks instant coffee) and that's an actual THING for me. I'm just not sure it's enough of a "thing" for me to change hotels when I think AoA might be a nicer stay. Possibly.

Anyway - this is clearly not life or death but if there's anyone out there who doesn't mind humoring my over-planning condition and giving me your opinion, I'd love to hear it.

The last trip we took....
    June 2014 Trip Report - The One Where Mom Wanted to Meet the Princesses

www.jennspirationts.com
    Jennspiration Ts - custom bleach-art tees
    Etsy and Facebook

You could buy a small travel kettle. I have one I bring to hotels sometimes because I like tea at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    You could buy a small travel kettle. I have one I bring to hotels sometimes because I like tea at night.
    Perfect. Gracias!

www.jennspirationts.com
    Etsy and Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Yep! My son and his wife bought a small 2-cup coffee maker that they travel with. They use it both to brew coffee and to heat water. Works like a charm.

My question to you is... have you been to the Caribbean before? If not, then I'd say you should go there. The landscaping and theme are just beautiful. And if it's just the two of you I'd bet that you'd appreciate the relaxed and restful feel. If you do decide to stay there I would recommend asking for Jamaica.

Thank you! No - I haven't been to Caribbean before (we've been to Riverside and Coronado before) - good to know. :)

www.jennspirationts.com
    Etsy and Facebook

We did not like the Caribbean. It's a huge resort...really spread out. It took forever to get anywhere. We already did so much walking (approximately 3 miles) every day in the parks. The last thing I wanted to do was stress out my developing blisters walking far to the pool, for food, and the bus. The theming is nice, but not worth all of the extra walking. The room seemed small for a moderate. We've stayed at the All Star's Music 3 times, and the Caribbean did not seem like an upgrade. Also, it is an older resort.

You are booked at a resort where everything is brand spanking shiny and new in an Ariel room no less! There are no construction sites or inconveniences there. I would figure out the coffee situation (I love my Dunkin Donuts) and stay put...in my opinion.

I took along a pod coffee maker (with hazlenut coffee pods since i MUST HAVE FLAVOR) when we stayed at POP in 2012 and that worked perfectly for me. didn't take up a lot of room in the suitcase and wasn't that heavy. https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beac...d+coffee+maker

and I'm glad i'm not the only compulsive over planning disease ridden person!!! Still obsessing over what FP+ to make and can't make them until NOVEMBER anyway! LOL

Ooooo - I was behind on this thread b/c I'd decided to stay at AoA for sure and I'm so glad I did. Just a month away now. Easy WDWs are so great. Thanks guys. Funny/weird story - in the meantime, I lost my taste for coffee, which I NEVER thought would happen so the whole issue is moot for me now anyway!

www.jennspirationts.com
    Etsy and Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by jenninaustin View Post
    Ooooo - Funny/weird story - in the meantime, I lost my taste for coffee, which I NEVER thought would happen so the whole issue is moot for me now anyway!
    How is that even possible!?!? Sorry, I just cannot imagine...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelish View Post
    How is that even possible!?!? Sorry, I just cannot imagine...
    The only time it has ever happened for me is with morning sickness...

Ha! That's what it's felt like. But I'm NOT pregnant, just queasy a lot. (But....and I feel the need to repeat this...I'm NOT PREGNANT.)

www.jennspirationts.com
    Etsy and Facebook

May be computer illiterate, but I figured out how to set my user title myself when no one else could!! magic1106's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jenninaustin View Post
    Ha! That's what it's felt like. But I'm NOT pregnant, just queasy a lot. (But....and I feel the need to repeat this...I'm NOT PREGNANT.)
    Baking soda solved that problem for me.