Thread: 1 day at MK

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar

1 day at MK

Party: Me, DD (15 at time of travel) and Granddaughter (GDD - 13 at time of travel)
    Date: Thursday, August 17
    Park Hours (as of today): 9:00 - 10:00
    Crowd Level: Moderate

I've looked at the 1-Day Plan and am trying to come up with the best modified version. I know from our trip last year that DD will not want to ride Winnie the Pooh, but, if my GDD wants to ride it, DD will ride it (it's GDD's first time to WDW). Neither of us want to ride Space Mountain. GDD wants to meet Merida, Gaston and Ariel so I'm trying to figure out how to fit them in. This is going to be a really lonnnnngggggg day because we are going to be there from pre park open until close. Not something I would normally do but since we only have 1 day I'm going for broke. We will take several breaks within the park (Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents or People Mover anyone?!) and I've even thought about doing the monorail loop to get out of the park for a bit.

Here's my rough plan:

PPO Breakfast at BOG - 8:05
    Ride 7 DMT (also get a FP+ in case ride is down at park opening or will they give an anytime FP+ if it's not running? I'm assuming DD and GDD will want more than 1 ride)
    Ride Peter Pan (should I try to ride standby or get a FP+ first thing?)
    Meet Merida?
    Meet Gaston?
    Ride Buzz w/FP+
    QS Lunch 11:30-12:30
    Ride Barnstormer
    Ride Dumbo
    Ride Under the Sea
    Meet Ariel w/FP+? (is this easy to get as a 4th FP+?)
    Ride 7 DMT w/FP+?
    Ride BTMRR w/FP+
    Ride Splash w/FP+
    Dinner @ LTT - 5:25
    Also have Dinner ADR @ BOG - 8:05 (I am constantly looking for an earlier time and will cancel LTT if I can get one. May just do dessert at BOG if I can't get an earlier time)

I will be checking DME for FP+ availability for BTMRR, Splash, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion and POC. Not sure if GDD will want to ride Small World. I know DD won't and I can take it or leave it. Will work in other attractions as/if we can.

I'm terrible with figuring out the timing for this stuff so any help is greatly appreciated!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

If you can get Mine Train it would be a lot easier to switch it out for something else than trying to get a day-of FP+ for it. So you would want to book it in advance. If you ride Mine Train right when they let you after breakfast, you should be able to get over to Peter Pan before a long wait develops. Merida would probably be a 30ish minute wait at 9:15am but could be as long as 50 minutes if you have to wait through a break. Gaston should come on at 10am. You'd want to move the Fantasyland stuff to before lunch if you can. Otherwise you're looking at 20-30 minute waits for each. Ariel will be available if you refresh but it's low capacity which means few FP+ availability.

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    If you can get Mine Train it would be a lot easier to switch it out for something else than trying to get a day-of FP+ for it. So you would want to book it in advance. If you ride Mine Train right when they let you after breakfast, you should be able to get over to Peter Pan before a long wait develops. Merida would probably be a 30ish minute wait at 9:15am but could be as long as 50 minutes if you have to wait through a break. Gaston should come on at 10am. You'd want to move the Fantasyland stuff to before lunch if you can. Otherwise you're looking at 20-30 minute waits for each. Ariel will be available if you refresh but it's low capacity which means few FP+ availability.
    I am definitely planning on riding Mine Train right after they let us after breakfast. I was looking at Wait Times yesterday and saw that Mine Train and a couple of other attractions were not running at Park open so that got me worried that may happen to us. I am able to book FP+ 60 days out so I could (attempt) to get a FP+ for it if necessary. I figured it would be a 20-30 minute wait for Merida. Looking at a Facebook post from our trip last year, on August 11th we were in line to meet Merida at 9:42, in line to meet Gaston at 10:10 and getting a LeFrou's Brew at 10:39. That was a bonus day for us so waiting wasn't that big of a deal.

Revised plan:

PPO breakfast @ Bog - 8:05
    Ride Mine Train
    Ride Peter Pan
    Meet Merida
    Meet Gaston
    Ride Under the Sea
    Meet Ariel w/FP+ (necessary?)
    Ride Barnstormer
    Ride Dumbo
    Ride Buzz w/FP+
    Monsters Inc.
    FoF Parade (forgot about this in previous plan)
    Ride BTMRR w/FP+ (if we watch the parade in this area would we be able to do this standby right afterwards?)
    Ride Splash w/FP+ (4th FP+)
    Ride Jungle Cruise w/FP+ (5th FP+)
    Ride POC w/FP+ (6th FP+)
    Dinner @ Bog - 8:05
    Happily Ever After
    Once Upon A Time

Alternate plan:

PPO Breakfast @ BOG - 8:05
    Ride Peter Pan (when would we be able to get in line after breakfast?)
    Meet Merida
    Meet Gaston
    Ride Mine Train w/FP+
    Ride Under the Sea
    Meet Ariel w/FP+ (necessary?)
    Ride Barnstormer
    Ride Dumbo
    Ride Buzz w/FP+
    Monsters Inc.
    FoF Parade (forgot about this in previous plan)
    Ride BTMRR w/FP+ (if we watch the parade in this area would we be able to do this standby right afterwards?)
    Ride Splash w/FP+ (4th FP+)
    Ride Jungle Cruise w/FP+(5th FP+)
    Ride POC w/FP+ (6th FP+)
    Dinner @ Bog - 8:05
    Happily Ever After
    Once Upon A Time
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

If I did the 1-Day Plan as is, would we be allowed to walk over to Peter Pan at 8:40/8:45?
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century