Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random Stories - Better Late than Never - Jan 17

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    Sorry for the delay in the trip report.... We are off to Mexico tomorrow (the real Mexico, not the Epcot one) for our 15th anniversary. Our first trip without the kids, ever.
    Happy 15th Anniversary and have a fantastic trip!

Nice! Enjoy the trip!
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." -- Ferris Bueller

WDW: 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2013, 2016
    DLP: 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    Disney Magic Mediterranean Cruise 2018

Quote Originally Posted by momof2boys View Post
    Happy 15th Anniversary and have a fantastic trip!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto View Post
    Nice! Enjoy the trip!
    Thanks! We had a wonderful time. It very relaxing, lots of time laying at the beach and walking up and down it, fun activities around the resort, great food and drinks, and really nice to just have some time for the two of us.

Since getting back, it has been a busy summer, with it seems like constant things going on. Finally making back on here to catch up on things... and to start planning our next trip.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    I'm glad you and everyone else was OK. But I agree the response seemed a bit lacking from Disney. Even viewed solely through their own self-interest it seems inadequate. Someone could come back and claim soft tissue neck injuries, concussion, or what have you and they have no records, no statements, no offers of medical attention (accepted or refused) or anything to protect themselves. Likely it would at worse be less than a rounding error on their books in terms of a potential liability, but they should follow good practices always. Then, of course, for the sake of their guests, they should want to inquire about such things as well. As you noted, everyone was fine and so in fact the response was adequate but just by chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixarprincess View Post
    Glad to hear everyone was ok! Does seem a little strange that they were not more concerned. Wonder what caused the problem...
    That is exactly what I was thinking at the time. I actually did have a headache from my head hitting the seat (above the padding of course) since I was going backwards. It wasn't a big deal, and faded after a while... still seemed like they would have wanted to document it somehow.
    Following up on an old trip report here... but I saw an interesting article. Apparently someone has sued Disney over this (in 2017, and then reached a settlement), and 2 more lawsuits have been filed recently. So, what happened to us has happened at least 3 other times (one of the lawsuits says their incident happened very soon after ours, and the others were 1-2 years before that).

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...320-story.html
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

And, sorry. I guess I never did finish this trip report....
    Micah

MousePerks

Following up on an old trip report here... but I saw an interesting article. Apparently someone has sued Disney over this (in 2017, and then reached a settlement), and 2 more lawsuits have been filed recently. So, what happened to us has happened at least 3 other times (one of the lawsuits says their incident happened very soon after ours, and the others were 1-2 years before that).

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...320-story.html

Interesting. You''ll never go wrong when warning that someone might sue.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge