Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 74 of 74

Thread: Fall Free Dining???

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    547
    The offer is open now. I couldn't get my dates for the Poly! I'm okay with that because I got the other offer, but I'll keep looking. Someone may cancel. Fingers crossed for others hoping for free dining : )

  2. #52
    I can't get through on phone. I can switch from AKL to SSR online, not sure if I should? I have a busy day so can't keep trying all day
    Pictures of our gluten free dairy free food in Disney
    Just back from a Summer Trip!

  3. #53
    Senior Member MrFredricksen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,641
    The free dining is crazy now. Moderate only gets the basic dining plan. I tried to book one at 7:10am, and to get a moderate on the dates in August we needed the most expensive rooms in the hotels. No other room types were available. I guess they would rather I go to universal instead and skip Disney this trip.
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    547
    Just an FYI, my iPhone showed different availability than my computer did. My phone showed nothing for my week, but using Safari and Chrome on my computer there was availability. What's up with that computer people? I think there will be a lot of reservations being modified over the next hours and days. I've got my fingers crossed for everyone.

  5. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    8
    Anyone seen anything official on Disney Visa holders getting free dining starting Aug 13th? I've seen the rumors but nothing official. And of course I can't get thru right now to ask!

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    547
    I saw a link for the Visa somewhere in the dis pages. Let me find it.

  7. #57
    Senior Member MrFredricksen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2tenk View Post
    Anyone seen anything official on Disney Visa holders getting free dining starting Aug 13th? I've seen the rumors but nothing official. And of course I can't get thru right now to ask!
    Mouse savers said that was the promotion for the Disney Visa people. I can't confirm it because I can't seem to find availability for anything on any dates. It is crazy. As a card holder I would have preferred to book a day or 2 sooner to avoid the masses as opposed to the discount just working for that one week sooner.
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

  8. #58

  9. #59
    I managed to drag myself out of bed early this morning and book free dining online with no problems. Of course we are going in early September and staying at All Stars Music, so That probably isn't in high demand, but I did get two rooms booked with the free CS plan.

  10. #60
    Member tlh119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    73
    We were able to book free dining at All-Star Music. We wanted Pop Century but there were no rooms available for our dates. We still could get Pop if we check in 2 days later but the ASMu reservation would still be cheaper based on our plans. We stayed at ASMu in 2013 and it was fine. At least this time we will have a preferred room (it was all that was available).
    Tom

    Aug/Sep 2004 (POP); Aug 2009 (POP); Aug/Sep 2012 (POR/AoA); Nov 2013 (ASMu); Jun 2015 (POP); Jan 2016 (offsite/ASSp); Nov 2017 (ASMu); Sep 2018 (ASMo/POP); Jun/Jul 2019 (POP)



  11. #61
    We were able to get free dining for the dates we wanted in November at Pop - got online at 5 am central time to do this. We'd done moderates in the past three years with FD, but all moderates for 3 different weeks that I checked were all over $3k, and that's without upgrading the dining package.

    A little disappointed, because we haven't paid more than $2,400 for a week at a moderate with FD each of the last couple of years, but I guess inventory was smaller this year and prices have gone up just enough to push a moderate out of our budget. Not that big of a deal as we spend the majority of our waking hours at the parks, but we will miss the quiet pools in the afternoons at CBR - we normally go back for a dip in the pool and siesta every day.

    I've checked back for each of our desired weeks during the day today, and nothing available at all at Pop or CBR, so I am glad I booked early this morning. No way to know for sure, but it seems like inventory is smaller this year, or demand is higher, or a combination. One plus - in years past, the website has been extremely slow or locked up all together when searching, but today, it's been really smooth.

    As a side note - I've seen comments from others that FD at moderates in the past has included the full Dining Plan and not just the QS Dining Plan, but that has not been the case for us. Each of the past three years when staying at a moderate - twice at CBR and once at CS - we've had to pay out of pocket to upgrade, just as we did this year for Pop.

  12. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    57
    FD at POR seemed to go within 15 minutes of it dropping, given I had it in the cart then and it didn't go through as availability was gone (she who hesitates is lost and all that). I am not actually sad though, as because everyone has moved to the values and available mods for FD, I have been able to change from a river to a standard view at PORFQ, which is in effect like a room saving in terms of what we were prepared to spend, and what we are now spending.

  13. #63
    We were able to get the free dining after 2 hours of robo dialing on two phones lol. We had to move from all star movies to all star sports, but saving almost 1,700 dollars for the three of us staying eleven days. Can't wait.
    Last edited by Tiggerlovr900; 04-24-2017 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Too many words

  14. #64
    Robo dialing- I like that! Exactly what I did! Finally got through and then was on hold for almost 2 hrs.

    Got my reservation adjusted to include FD- and still got to keep our $75/ night gift cards at CBR, so pretty stoked about that!!

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgrip View Post
    Robo dialing- I like that! Exactly what I did! Finally got through and then was on hold for almost 2 hrs.

    Got my reservation adjusted to include FD- and still got to keep our $75/ night gift cards at CBR, so pretty stoked about that!!
    .

    Thanks, congrats in getting your free dining.

  16. #66
    we would like to add extra days to the end of our trip at CBR, with FD and the $75 gc. Do you know if we would get gift cards for those extra days, too? I'm getting mixed answers from cast members. I wish I could find it in writing somewhere. In our email from CBR explaining the gift cards, it just lists our check-in date and reservation number. Nowhere does it say our number of nights. It does say we will get a gift card for each night of our stay. But, that promotion isn't offered anymore. Some folks say as long as our reservation number stays the same, we will be golden.
    Any advice for this?
    Thank you for all your help!!

  17. #67
    Senior Member BeckyW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgrip View Post
    we would like to add extra days to the end of our trip at CBR, with FD and the $75 gc. Do you know if we would get gift cards for those extra days, too? I'm getting mixed answers from cast members. I wish I could find it in writing somewhere. In our email from CBR explaining the gift cards, it just lists our check-in date and reservation number. Nowhere does it say our number of nights. It does say we will get a gift card for each night of our stay. But, that promotion isn't offered anymore. Some folks say as long as our reservation number stays the same, we will be golden.
    Any advice for this?
    Thank you for all your help!!
    I know that you're allowed to move your dates (for example, 6/5-6/8 to 6/8-6/11) and retain the gift cards. So I'd imagine it's the same as adding days on to your stay. I was told (in writing) that as long as the original reservation was made for CBR, prior to 3/20, that as long as you're still staying at CBR, any modifications, including addition of promotions, would not negate the gift cards.
    If you're not getting correct info when speaking to a CM to modify, ask to speak to Guest Services.

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyW View Post
    I know that you're allowed to move your dates (for example, 6/5-6/8 to 6/8-6/11) and retain the gift cards. So I'd imagine it's the same as adding days on to your stay. I was told (in writing) that as long as the original reservation was made for CBR, prior to 3/20, that as long as you're still staying at CBR, any modifications, including addition of promotions, would not negate the gift cards.
    If you're not getting correct info when speaking to a CM to modify, ask to speak to Guest Services.
    Do you think it would just be the original number of nights or the entire stay?

  19. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    475
    I was up and waiting at 3:45am. I was hoping it would drop at 4am like last year. It came up at like 5:30am this time. Booked Pop standard for the days I wanted in December. The costs were higher this year, but when I ran numbers it pretty much breaks even, but we enjoy having the dining plan so worth it to me. I like just feeling like everything is paid for. If I was paying out of pocket I know I would worry more about costs. Like just enjoying it and not thinking about it.
    Jessica

    DS (8) and DS (6)

    JUNE 1989: Fort Wilderness and Disney Inn
    MAR 1996: Offsite
    NOV 2014 and 2015: Pop Century
    JUNE 2016: Gaylord Palms/Beach
    NOV 2016: CBR
    DEC 2017 and 2018: Pop Century
    June 2019: The Grove
    September 2019: Pop Century

  20. #70
    Senior Member BeckyW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgrip View Post
    Do you think it would just be the original number of nights or the entire stay?
    I'm not certain about that... Sorry, I just realized I didn't really answer your question! I want to say they would be included, but I'm leaning towards the additional days not being included in the $75 GC promo because those nights were not booked prior to 3/20.
    If I were you, I'd add the days because you're still getting the FD promo, and then if you get the $75, it will be a nice bonus :)

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyW View Post
    I'm not certain about that... Sorry, I just realized I didn't really answer your question! I want to say they would be included, but I'm leaning towards the additional days not being included in the $75 GC promo because those nights were not booked prior to 3/20.
    If I were you, I'd add the days because you're still getting the FD promo, and then if you get the $75, it will be a nice bonus :)
    Thanks for your help!! I went ahead and did just that- if we get the extra, it will be an extra surprise!! Maybe I'll let my daughter go to get all dolled up at BBB!!! 💅🏻

  22. #72

    Patience pays off!

    Quote Originally Posted by NoShoesNation View Post
    We were able to get free dining for the dates we wanted in November at Pop - got online at 5 am central time to do this. We'd done moderates in the past three years with FD, but all moderates for 3 different weeks that I checked were all over $3k, and that's without upgrading the dining package.

    A little disappointed, because we haven't paid more than $2,400 for a week at a moderate with FD each of the last couple of years, but I guess inventory was smaller this year and prices have gone up just enough to push a moderate out of our budget. Not that big of a deal as we spend the majority of our waking hours at the parks, but we will miss the quiet pools in the afternoons at CBR - we normally go back for a dip in the pool and siesta every day.

    I've checked back for each of our desired weeks during the day today, and nothing available at all at Pop or CBR, so I am glad I booked early this morning. No way to know for sure, but it seems like inventory is smaller this year, or demand is higher, or a combination. One plus - in years past, the website has been extremely slow or locked up all together when searching, but today, it's been really smooth.

    As a side note - I've seen comments from others that FD at moderates in the past has included the full Dining Plan and not just the QS Dining Plan, but that has not been the case for us. Each of the past three years when staying at a moderate - twice at CBR and once at CS - we've had to pay out of pocket to upgrade, just as we did this year for Pop.
    Got online this morning and was able to switch to CBR for just $200 more than we paid in years past. It seems like they have open a little more inventory each day, or maybe there have been some cancellations. Either way it pays to keep checking!

  23. #73
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3
    My trip is not planned until next year, but I have a few questions:
    Does the Free Dining only apply to certain Disney hotels and room types?
    Is it only available to Disney Visa card holders?
    We were planning to do a split stay with a few of us going camping, but I added everyone to the reservation for the included magic bands. Will everyone have to buy the dining plan? OR can some op out?

  24. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,244
    Quote Originally Posted by herbaltees View Post
    My trip is not planned until next year, but I have a few questions:
    Does the Free Dining only apply to certain Disney hotels and room types?
    Is it only available to Disney Visa card holders?
    We were planning to do a split stay with a few of us going camping, but I added everyone to the reservation for the included magic bands. Will everyone have to buy the dining plan? OR can some op out?
    Most of the info you asked for should be here. https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...g-is-announced!
    If you book a package, everyone in the same room will have to be on the same dining plan.
    Link to June 2018 Trip Report:
    https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...d=1#post419048

    1997 CBR, 2004 ASMo, 2005 CBR
    2007 Pop x 2, 2008 ASMu, 2009 Pop
    2010 ASMu, 2013 CBR, 2016 CSR
    2018 Windsor Palms

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •