Thread: Mama Melrose or Crew's Cup Lounge?

Mama Melrose or Crew's Cup Lounge?

Looking for DHS lunch for my mom and me. We have a reservation for Mama Melrose, but I am considering canceling and taking the boat over to Crew's Cup Lounge. We have never been to either. Any suggestions?

If you are not planning on going back to DHS, I think Crew's cup is a great, quiet place to have lunch. I've had a couple nice meals there.
    However, if you plan on doing some stuff in DHS after lunch I think it's too far out of the way to be worth it.

josh's date at akershus stevenmilz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyprof View Post
    If you are not planning on going back to DHS, I think Crew's cup is a great, quiet place to have lunch. I've had a couple nice meals there.
    However, if you plan on doing some stuff in DHS after lunch I think it's too far out of the way to be worth it.
    Agree. The boat from DHS is a lot slower process than it seems it should be. You'd be dealing with it twice - over and back. If you're at DHS post-lunch, stay at DHS.
    Steve
    Offsite (Jul 87, Nov 09, Feb 13) Disney Institute (Jun 97) CR (Aug 81, Aug 83, Aug 86, May 10) BLT (Dec 10, Sep 11) FW/VWL (Nov 10) Poly (Mar 11, May 11) BC/BCV (Dec 11, Mar 12, Jan 13) BWI/BWV (May 12, Dec 12, May 13, Sep 13, Mar 14, Sep 14) SSR (Oct 11) YC (Oct 12) Swan (Oct 13) WBC (Dec 13, May 14, Dec 14) Pop (Oct 14) POFQ (Jan 15, Mar 15, Sep 15, Oct 15, Jan 16, Sep 16, Nov 16, Mar 17, May 17) CBR (Dec 15) ASMo (Dec 16)

We ate at Mama Melrose for lunch in Aug 2015. The food was great. Mind you, it wasn't excellent, but we enjoyed the meal nonetheless. Prior to eating there, we had heard only negative comments on the food and experience, but knew we didn't want to eat counter service. I was so relieved the food was not only edible, but really good, almost like NY Italian trattoria good. The service was spot on, not too overbearing, but just enough to know we were being taken care of. I would gladly eat here again.

I can't compare this with the Crew's Cup Lounge, as I've never been there. But if you're doing DHS after lunch, I would stay in the park to eat. If you're into lounges, I may suggest the Brown Derby Lounge instead.

We ate at Mama Melrose in December and it was excellent, and we are very picky about our Italian food. I've never been to Crew's Cup, so I can't speak on their food. It really depends on if you're planning on staying in the park all day.
    DisneyDanceMom73

2001, Oct. 2003, 2004, 2007 & 2008 - FWC; Feb. 2003, 2006, 2009 & 2011 - POP; 2016 - Poly; May 2017 - CSR​;
    2012, 2015 & Nov. 2017 - POR; Jan. 2018 - WL;
    Nov. 2018 - SSR; April 2019 - CC @ WL

Please subscribe to my channel, Disney Beams:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_m5NUNMvFPvPic7bGmpHBg

We love MM. I steered away for a while due to reviews but we finally at there on one of our trips last year and it was instant love. MM is one of the few places that we eat at on each trip. Their flat breads are just about one of the best things on property. And I almost always order their fish dish. I'm one who rarely wants to order the same things at any restaurant but I fell so in love with this I always order it.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDanceMom73 View Post
    We ate at Mama Melrose in December and it was excellent, and we are very picky about our Italian food. I've never been to Crew's Cup, so I can't speak on their food. It really depends on if you're planning on staying in the park all day.
    We ate at MM a few years ago with the Fantasmic package and loved it. Like DisneyDanceMom73, I am very picky about my Italian food!

Crews cup is one of our favorite lounges. The food is very good and its nice and cozy and typically pretty quiet until dinner rush next door.

But I agree, its maybe not worth the trek if you have plans back at HS after lunch. You could also snack in the park and then late lunch there instead, but the back and forth just ends up eating a ton of time.

Thank you so much for all of your replies. I think we do want to stay in DHS for a little while after lunch, but I was worried about food quality at MM. Your posts have reassured me. We are looking forward to trying MM. If I remember, I will post back in March and let you know how it went.