Thread: Polynesian Village = Disney resort bucket list CHECK!

Polynesian Village = Disney resort bucket list CHECK!

We stayed at the Poly for the 1st time December 2nd - 9th. It was our first stay at a Deluxe (I've stayed in the Campsites at FWC and my DH & I had both stayed in Value & Moderates before). I was able to snag a 30% off a standard room with a unique offer code email. This place has been our Disney resort bucket list place for ages and I have to say, it did not disappoint! The level of customer service from the cast members was off the charts. For example, when we were looking for our room, a cast member took us over to the building. Another example, when we were looking for the walking trail over to the TTC, a gentleman offered to walk over over and on our walk, talked about all the neat things he had seen in his 35 years of working at the Poly. We stayed in the Aoaterra building, which was the super convenient to the marina. And given that the monorail was down a LOT during our trip, this helped for our trips to MK and over to the GF for breakfast one day. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. The resort on the whole is so beautiful and inviting. And being that close to Pineapple Lanai everyday for a Dole Whip.... All in all, on a scale of 1 - 10, I give the Poly a 1000! It definitely spoiled us all!
    DisneyDanceMom73

2001, Oct. 2003, 2004, 2007 & 2008 - FWC; Feb. 2003, 2006, 2009 & 2011 - POP; 2016 - Poly; May 2017 - CSR​;
    2012, 2015 & Nov. 2017 - POR; Jan. 2018 - WL;
    Nov. 2018 - SSR; April 2019 - Vero Beach; Dec19/Jan 20 - CC @ WL

Please subscribe to my channel, Disney Beams:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_m5NUNMvFPvPic7bGmpHBg

That is the one resort I would really like to stay at. I just can't bring myself to spending that much money. On our Disney trips, the resort is a place to sleep and shower. In 2015 we stayed at AKL, and it was nice, but I felt kind of bad for the cost.
    Maybe once my wife wins the lottery.
    Living The Dream

Were staying there in June! I cant wait! any other tips or must dos?

Quote Originally Posted by pixarprincess View Post
    Were staying there in June! I cant wait! any other tips or must dos?
    The dining there is excellent! One night right outside the lobby, the fire twirler from Spirit of Aloha put on a little show...that was really cool!Make sure you stop by the lobby as you check in and get your lei, even if your room is ready when you arrive.
    DisneyDanceMom73

2001, Oct. 2003, 2004, 2007 & 2008 - FWC; Feb. 2003, 2006, 2009 & 2011 - POP; 2016 - Poly; May 2017 - CSR​;
    2012, 2015 & Nov. 2017 - POR; Jan. 2018 - WL;
    Nov. 2018 - SSR; April 2019 - Vero Beach; Dec19/Jan 20 - CC @ WL

Please subscribe to my channel, Disney Beams:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_m5NUNMvFPvPic7bGmpHBg

A have a DVC reservation for mid-August. DH thinks I am crazy to go then because of heat but I am planning on pretty much staying at the resort and grabbing a pool umbrella in the morning, napping/reading in the afternoon, and parks at night. I have AP's and we have 4 trips planned ed this year. I told him if he does not want to go I will go solo! It is hot at home in August too (Alabama Gulf Coast).

Quote Originally Posted by cocosmeme View Post
    A have a DVC reservation for mid-August. DH thinks I am crazy to go then because of heat but I am planning on pretty much staying at the resort and grabbing a pool umbrella in the morning, napping/reading in the afternoon, and parks at night. I have AP's and we have 4 trips planned ed this year. I told him if he does not want to go I will go solo! It is hot at home in August too (Alabama Gulf Coast).
    You have the right idea. Except for our magical Christmas trip and a quickie in February when I used to get that week off, all of our trips have been in the summer because I'm a teacher. April is too expensive. Honestly, even where I live in the northeast is hot and humid in the summer. Last summer during the heat wave, there were some days that were hotter up north than in Florida. We just go early when the parks open, take an afternoon pool break, then either return to the parks or have a wonderful dinner and relax at the resort. Staying in a deluxe allows us to see the fireworks from where we are staying or dining. I would much rather enjoy them outside of MK and away from the crowds. Gone are the days of rushing out of the park then waiting forever in the long lines for transportation when I'm exhausted and just want my bed. The best was watching them out on the deck of California Grill...Hollywood's fireworks to my left, and when they were done, MK's right in front of us like a private showing.