Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Welcome Show at MK during RR refurb

Quote Originally Posted by mehor View Post
    Ugh. We had booked 8:05 BOG specifically so that we could do 7DMT and then go on to Peter Pan relatively unscathed. Now that the masses are that much closer, looks like we will have to pick either or cut something else out of our morning next month. Curious to see what Josh suggests.

Without double dipping our 2 favorite rides, I'm not particularly keen to pay $75 for 3 Croissant Doughnuts....
    As long as you can leave BOG by 08h30-ish, you should be fine. I did 8:00 a.m. BOG twice this past week. The first time (Wed. Jan 18th) I was able to ride 7DMT twice, then waited 20 minutes at PP. The 2nd time (Mon. 23rd), I rode 7DMT 3 times and got to PP just before they let the crowd into Fantasy Land. I think they might have let us onto 7DMT a few minutes earlier on the 2nd day.

We have always (and by "always" I mean twice, lol!) successfully made use of a.m. EMH at MK. This year however, was a tad chaotic and not super beneficial. Everyone is allowed into the park at 07:45, even those who aren't EMH elligible. Each land is roped off and naturally, everyone gathers at the ropes. When the park opens for EMH, cast members remove about 20% of the rope and stand on either side of the opening to scan everyone's magic band prior to letting them in. I'm not crazy about this new procedure and from what I gathered by overheard comments, neither was anyone else. A lot of time was wasted with the extra band scanning and having to funnel everyone through.

IMO, on a.m. EMH days, they shouldn't let non eligible EMH guests into the park at the same time as those who are. Unless this new procedure changes, I won't be doing a.m. EMH at MK in the future as the benefit is no longer that great.

Ok, this is great info. THanks everyone!
    Pictures of our gluten free dairy free food in Disney
    Just back from a Summer Trip!

Here are a couple pictures I took, to give you a little idea how the crowds build for Mine Train. We had arrived at about 8:05 and there were about 10 people at the rope.

At 8:14 there were now about 25 people. I wouldn't show up much later than this if you want to be near the front.

At 8:31 I was able to make my way out to take a few pictures, here was the crowd of over 100 and growing fast:

By 8:45 I wasn't even able to make my way back out again, for fear I wouldn't make it back in by my group... but the crowd of people had easily doubled since 8:31 and were also now lining up towards Tomorrowland and not just into the hub (which made the traffic jam worse as they tried to merge in).
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

Tomorrowland rope at 8:14:

Tomorrowland rope at 8:31:
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

Rope by right side of castle at 8:31:

Frontierland and Liberty Square rope at 8:31. Notice all the people hanging out in the hub not even by a rope.
    Micah

MousePerks

Linkura
    Thanks for the great pictures, Micah!