Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Welcome Show at MK during RR refurb

New Welcome Show at MK during RR refurb

I've seen this a few places this morning, so I guess it's "true."
    Looks like they're moving the Welcome Show to in front of the Castle, and allowing guests to eat and shop along Main St prior to the show.
    Not sure if this will affect the Pre Park Opening ADR folks, but it will even further eliminate those "empty Main St" photo ops.

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2016/1...nges/#comments

Oy, so everyone will be smooshing forward against actual ropes at the various hub spokes in a big mass of humanity and when the ropes 'literally' drop, there will be a stampede? Sounds awesome.

Josh I hope you don't get trampled but look forward to hearing how this works before my trip in Feb.

So, I'm wondering how that will affect my pre-park breakfasts arranged almost 180 days ago and the EMM. Any ideas? I'm wondering if it's still worth the extra money. Probably not for BOG.

Quote Originally Posted by ptlohmysoul View Post
    So, I'm wondering how that will affect my pre-park breakfasts arranged almost 180 days ago and the EMM. Any ideas? I'm wondering if it's still worth the extra money. Probably not for BOG.
    You'll still get back to BoG before the internal ropes are dropped. So I guess it really just depends on what your plans were that day. It definitely lessens the walking time of the regular guests from the castle to Mine Train/etc.
    Hopefully we'll get some first-hand reports!

That's the thing, we're planning on doing EMM the 10th and BOG the 11th, then EMH on the 12th. So, we'll be among the first. Wish they would tell us the new schedule (i.e. when they are actually letting people in, when they are letting in pre-park reservation people, when the stores on main street will be open). Actually, if we didn't already have plans, this sounds like a nice change. Except for the possibility of not being able to walk through the castle due to where the welcome show is.

Quote Originally Posted by ptlohmysoul View Post
    Well, you get to eat, that hasn't changed, gone away. Is that not what you wanted? Anything else was extra, not assured anyway.
    I'm guessing it won't change EMM at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
    Well, you get to eat, that hasn't changed, gone away. Is that not what you wanted? Anything else was extra, not assured anyway.
    I'm guessing it won't change EMM at all.
    Getting breakfast instead of standing in line at park opening is the main benefit of pre-park breakfasts, but BOG breakfast is something we'd only repeat if we are likely to get a head start on the crowds, especially getting an extra ride on 7dmt. Once, the boys were able to ride 3 times before the morning crowd got there, but one time is all I ever hope for. I'm definitely hoping it doesn't affect EMM, since that's what we specifically paid for.

all of the people not understanding this change is happening because the train will be closed for refurb need to settle down. (read comments on the official disney posting) we will be there in February and hopefully the kinks will be worked out by then and it won't affect us much. glad there will still be a morning show with the train being closed....I was sad to have no show this trip
    Cathy
    Trip Report #1 http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...mber-2015-Trip
    Trip Report #2 http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...-Trip-Report-2
    Trip Report #3
    https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...I-got-this!!!!

WDW~ May 2009, July/August 2010, September 2013, December 2015, February 2017 & September 2018
    DL~ July/August 2016

Quote Originally Posted by RMmom View Post
    glad there will still be a morning show with the train being closed....I was sad to have no show this trip
    Same here! I'm just happy to maybe grab my Starbucks BEFORE the show ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyW View Post
    Same here! I'm just happy to maybe grab my Starbucks BEFORE the show ;)
    Totally off topic: do you know if Starbucks accepts the Groupon Starbuck cards? They are selling $10 dollar cards for $5.- from time to time not sure if I should get them or not for Main Street Starbucks :) Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aresis View Post
    Totally off topic: do you know if Starbucks accepts the Groupon Starbuck cards? They are selling $10 dollar cards for $5.- from time to time not sure if I should get them or not for Main Street Starbucks :) Thanks!
    I've bought the groupon Starbucks deal before and you just move the gift card to your registered starbucks card and use it at any Starbucks. As of Dec 2015 the Starbucks in Disney World let you use your starbucks gift cards. Hopefully someone else has used is this year and can comment.

I love this idea of opening Main Street early, but sad for less time at SDMR using a BOG reservation :( will be interesting to see how it all plays out next month.

all of the people not understanding this change is happening because the train will be closed for refurb need to settle down. (read comments on the official disney posting) we will be there in February and hopefully the kinks will be worked out by then and it won't affect us much. glad there will still be a morning show with the train being closed....I was sad to have no show this trip
    They already have a version of the Welcome Show without the train that they run occasionally, so they didn't need to move the show just because of the train refurb. On the DIS, they're reporting that the HUB says the current show will be retired after January 8. According to the parks blog, the new show is a herald and some characters, so seems like it will be significantly different than the current show. I'll miss it a lot.

Also, moving the show to the castle stage means we won't be able to go through the castle in the morning, I imagine.

Thanks! Since I live outside US I donīt have a Starbucks card, they donīt have them here (we have Starbucks, not cards) Thanks!

I just realized I had nabbed a 810am ppo BOG with the intent of going to peter pan first (this pooh sized gal doesn't do 7dmt)...Since folks won't be going through the castle, they'd (I imagine) be funneled right to Peter Pan, through Liberty Square? Thinking that would make my adr worthless, other than breakfast.

Waiting to see how this effects my planning is going to drive me batty over the next two weeks!

Am I the only one that would be sad if the welcome show at the train station never returned?
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

I kind of like this change. I never saw the welcome show at the train station since we always had a PPO ADR at CP to avoid having the boring wait outside MK but with this change the wait will be more interesting.
    ​Isabelle

July 1991: off-site; April 2009: off-site; February 2012: All-stars Movies ; August 2014: AoA ;
    July 2015: CSR; Feb/March 2016: POP/DCL (Wonder) ; March 2017: All-stars Music; July 2017: POR ; April 2018: DLR (offsite)

Future trips: Dec 2018-Jan 2019: POFQ

The RR has been down for a temp refurb on our last 3 trips, so it must need some major work. All three times they still had the full welcome show at the station, the cast & characters just came from the station rather then the train.

I have mixed emotions on the welcome show being moved for good, but it is what it is. Lets see how it plays out...

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    Am I the only one that would be sad if the welcome show at the train station never returned?
    I'm sad, it always makes me cry and I definitely would like to see it again someday. However, we'll be there during the RR refurb, so I'm trying to stay positive that I'll love this new welcome show too ;)

I love the current welcome show but have no problem with a relocated show during the refurb. I just looked up the dates and I guess we're supposed to be there right after the RR opens back up, so we'll see what's going on with the welcome show at that point. I think my kids will be sad if we don't get to see it again, but we did just see it in May.

We knew the railroad was in refurb when we're going(brother is NOT going to be happy) but we got an8:10 bog ADR to get a head start for seven dwarves, and to hopefully get a family pic in front of the castle with nobody else in it, I wasn't hoping for empty main st pics and I'm thinking if they let everyone in at 8 they will still let the ADR people in at 7:45 so we will still be able to walk through with less people around. After all it is January, unless everyone figured out that it's a slow time to go and we're all taking the kids out of school for a chance to do Disney with short lines.....

Quote Originally Posted by paxsarah View Post
    I love the current welcome show but have no problem with a relocated show during the refurb. I just looked up the dates and I guess we're supposed to be there right after the RR opens back up, so we'll see what's going on with the welcome show at that point. I think my kids will be sad if we don't get to see it again, but we did just see it in May.
    Nothing to indicate that this is a temporary change. It's all worded in a way that this is the new opening show, not just for the refurb

I'd relook at that announcement. Disney never says anywhere this is related to the refurb or is temporary. It appears they have used the refurb as the catalyst to make the change and that caused some to put 2 and 2 together to come up with it being due to the refurb. Some of the commentors are saying it, not Disney.
    They have had railroad refurbs many other times and it didn't affect the show, they still had it, just didn't ride in on the train. Everything published thus far indicates this is a permanent change due to overcrowded in the entry area. Not due to the railroad refurb. Until Disney says otherwise I would assume the show you knew is gone as of 1/9

Quote Originally Posted by TraderJeff View Post
    The RR has been down for a temp refurb on our last 3 trips, so it must need some major work. All three times they still had the full welcome show at the station, the cast & characters just came from the station rather then the train.

I have mixed emotions on the welcome show being moved for good, but it is what it is. Lets see how it plays out...
    Which is exactly why unless Disney says otherwise, this is a permanent move of the opening show and it's due to congestion in the entry point, not the train being out of service