Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Incredible Chase Sapphire Reserve Introductory Promotion

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I suspect every airline would have its own API rather than using a standard interface that 3rd parties could use.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I'm also sure they have their own APIs and that's what's keeping the 3P sites from accessing all the separate fare options. The point I tried to make is that the airlines will only share those APIs if the third party sites can figure out a way to pressure them to do so, because the airlines would prefer yo book directly.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas/New Years CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo

Am I imagining that someone posted there was a Disney hotel option on the portal? I'm not finding it today on the portal and skimming back through this thread I don't see anything about Disney hotels...wishful thinking? On my part????

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Am I imagining that someone posted there was a Disney hotel option on the portal? I'm not finding it today on the portal and skimming back through this thread I don't see anything about Disney hotels...wishful thinking? On my part????
    Option form what?

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Option form what?
    On the chase reserve travel portal to redeem points for a Disney hotel.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I plugged in the first week of October and I'm seeing availability for lots of on-property hotels. POR, POFQ, GF, All Stars, etc.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    I plugged in the first week of October and I'm seeing availability for lots of on-property hotels. POR, POFQ, GF, All Stars, etc.
    Oh good! I didn't plug in a specific date, just "browse" hotels and none of the Disney came up. Good to know specific search will give more results.

Oh good! I didn't plug in a specific date, just "browse" hotels and none of the Disney came up. Good to know specific search will give more results.
    It is entirely possible I am missing something, but from my searches it seems like using the UR points is not the best option. The rates are more in line with the rack rates of the rooms which can obviously be quite a bit more than what you would pay otherwise. I have found them listed as "Disney's Wilderness Lodge" or "Disney's Port Orleans."
    Kim

Good point, Kim. I hadn't thought about rack vs discount rate! We have so many things we could use the points for and so far it looks like air is one of the best options.

Just used my 100,000 Chase points to book tickets for our family of four to Hawaii. We transferred to points to Korean Airlines at a 1 to 1 ratio and got tickets for 25,000 points each. At over $900 a ticket retail I think this was an excellent use of our points.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemountainmama View Post
    Just used my 100,000 Chase points to book tickets for our family of four to Hawaii. We transferred to points to Korean Airlines at a 1 to 1 ratio and got tickets for 25,000 points each. At over $900 a ticket retail I think this was an excellent use of our points.
    That sounds like a great trip! I hope to get to Hawaii one day.

I just used 9,000 of my Chase points (along with SW points I already had) to book the first leg of a trip to Seattle this August. Just waiting for Southwest to release the rest of their August schedule to get us all home. I only had to pay $22 for almost $800 dollars worth of flights, so I'm really happy.

Lauren

Past trips: 1988, 1990, 2000 - offsite; 2004 POR; 2010 WL; 2013 Kidani; 2014 Kidani; 1/15 WH; 12/15 WH, 1/16 Kidani & SSR, 5/16 Poly, 6/16 WH, 8/16 Pop, 10/16 ASMu & WH, 11/16 WH & WL

Cruises: 1/15 Dream, 4/15 Fantasy, 2/16 Dream, 3/17 Wonder

Upcoming Trips: 8/17 Disneyland; 5/18 EBTA Disney Magic cruise

I'm not sure if this was addressed up-thread (or elsewhere on the board), but here's a work-around for those who want to earn the 3X Chase Sapphire Reserve points for travel when purchasing tickets:

Fund your Disney Vacation Account (which is coded as Travel), then use that Account number as a "gift card" when purchasing tickets online. Those purchases will also qualify for the DVA 2% back GC promotion they're running.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

I'm not sure if this was addressed up-thread (or elsewhere on the board), but here's a work-around for those who want to earn the 3X Chase Sapphire Reserve points for travel when purchasing tickets:

Fund your Disney Vacation Account (which is coded as Travel), then use that Account number as a "gift card" when purchasing tickets online. Those purchases will also qualify for the DVA 2% back GC promotion they're running.
    Does that mean you could also fund a DVA and use it as a gift card to pay the balance on a room only reservation? I haven't been following the DVA discussion closely but for some reason I thought it could only be used for packages and we never do a package. Or was it just you can't use the DVA to pay off room charges?

I could see funding a DVA with the saphire for 3% back plus the 2% DVA bonus or disney gift cards purchased at 5% off with Target red card to get the 2% from DVA.

Does that mean you could also fund a DVA and use it as a gift card to pay the balance on a room only reservation? I haven't been following the DVA discussion closely but for some reason I thought it could only be used for packages and we never do a package. Or was it just you can't use the DVA to pay off room charges?

I could see funding a DVA with the saphire for 3% back plus the 2% DVA bonus or disney gift cards purchased at 5% off with Target red card to get the 2% from DVA.
    If they will take a payment for more than the required deposit amount, then yes, they will take that payment in the form of a GC [DVA account number]. I've never don't this, but have heard of others being successful at it. Maybe someone here can chime in and confirm this for sure?

Stupid Judy.

Thanks George! I know room only will take a payment in advance on the balance above the deposit amount. I just used a bunch of gift cards from target to pay off my room for next week.

Thanks George! I know room only will take a payment in advance on the balance above the deposit amount. I just used a bunch of gift cards from target to pay off my room for next week.
    Then yes, you can use your DVC "gift card" (account number) to pay off in advance over the phone. Tell them you want to use a GC, and give them your DVA number. There's no PIN required. You may as well get the DVA 2% promotion, right?

Stupid Judy.

You may as well get the DVA 2% promotion, right?
    May I ask, what is the DVA 2% promotion? Ty
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    May I ask, what is the DVA 2% promotion? Ty
    Sue
    From the DVA site, here's info on the bonus promo:

It's easy to use your Disney Vacation Account - and you can also receive a bonus. You'll be eligible for a $20 Disney Gift Card for every $1000 you spend on qualified vacation purchases with your Disney Vacation Account prior to December 31, 2017 (date subject to extension), up to a total $500 in Disney Gift Card(s) per household.

Your Disney Vacation Account must be active for a minimum of 120 days at the time of spending in order to receive this bonus. Request your Disney Gift Card(s) 4-6 weeks in advance of your vacation date to allow time for delivery to your mailing address.

Stupid Judy.

Ok you were referring to the $20 GC. I was thinking it might be something in addition to that. Thank you!!

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2017/0...s-with-points/

I saw this and am now in a quandary. D8 and I are doing a quick trip in August. No standard room at WL on the website, but on the UR website a standard room for both it and AKL are listed and have the summer discounted rate. I wanted to bank my points for the future fabulous vacation with DH, but the rate is pretty tempting. If you are going this summer might be worth checking out. The values have rooms at around 8000 points a night.
    Kim

he's right
    That's super helpful, thanks! Can you book the WL room for cash via the Chase portal and keep your points?

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    That's super helpful, thanks! Can you book the WL room for cash via the Chase portal and keep your points?
    Thank you! That is what I think I might do. The portal is pretty nice; you don't have to use all your points at all. Only downside to paying cash through the portal is you have to pay up front now (instead of at check in like Disney on a room only). But the room is refundable so if a better rate opens up (like the AP rate) I could do that. Right now I am thinking I will pay points for about a quarter of the total and cash for the rest. It is interesting though, for our 4 nights in August the dates through the portal are cheaper at values and moderates even than through Disney with the summer discount. (The deluxe in the portal are the same cost as with the summer discount through Disney).
    Kim

That is super helpful. Good to know the portal pricing is competitive in some situations.

Has anyone seen any Disney cruises on there? I looked once and didn't see any but I'm also not skilled at searching.

Has anyone seen any Disney cruises on there? I looked once and didn't see any but I'm also not skilled at searching.
    It is not as bad as Disney's site, but it is still not super great. I know you can book cruises through them. I would just call. I called once before regarding a hotel I was having difficulty finding online and they were pretty helpful.

Dang. I was gearing up to do this, but now the promotion is only for 50,000 miles. Other cards are offering 50K, for a lower (net) annual fee, but the perks are different. Will have to investigate some more.