Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Hurricane!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhody123 View Post
    Was MK as at a normal crowd level on Saturday? I was thinking it would either be packed or lower crowd than usual given the upset of the storm.
    All reports I've seen were for lower than expected crowds. I know Epcot was well below expectations. It was supposed to be the most crowded Saturday of the entire festival. It was not. Matter of fact, it was less crowded than it was when we were there today. Now, it was still pretty crowded, just not packed like sardines crowded. No lines at all at some booths and manageable lines at others

Was MK as at a normal crowd level on Saturday? I was thinking it would either be packed or lower crowd than usual given the upset of the storm.
    When trying to decide what to do on Saturday after our MNSSHP was canceled on Friday night, I thought MK would be crowded since whoever was originally planning on Saturday would be there and everyone who planned to be there on Friday would be there as well. But I found an 11:30am ADR at Liberty Tree, FP+ for Peter Pan 8:30am, Buzz 1:10pm and POC at 2:25pm so I thought we'd try it. We tried for RD but passed through the gates at 8:33am - we did Splash, PP FP+, HM, Small World, Philharmagic, JOTLM and were about 15min early for our 11:30 ADR. After a leisurely lunch we did Riverboat, Hall of President's, Monster's Laugh Floor, Buzz FP+, tried People mover but it was down, POC FP+, Tiki room then decided to call it a day which was a little after 3pm since the parade was going - watched a bit of that, did a bit of looking in stores (didn't find anything that interested us) and left. I did try to get a Jungle Cruise FP+ but they were only available for later nighttime, there were FP+ for Aladdin carpet ride, Buzz, Pooh (which was down earlier in the day when we were in Fantasyland) and others but we were happy and decided to go back to the AKL pool.

So it ended up being a very easy, relaxing day since I felt like I knew what to do with Josh's cheat sheet in mind. The one thing that did surprise me was the amount of folks who were leaving at the time we were - that was crowded and seemed to be the most crowded part of our day. Altho since we missed RD, checking bags was very crowded as well! They wouldn't let us go around to the additional stands that Josh has mentioned so we had to slog through with everyone else but clear sailing after that!

Linkura
    Many people leave right after the parade, so it's not surprising it was crowded when you left.

We were there at RD and were able to do JC, POC, Splash, HM, Muppets Show, 7DMT (FP+) all before 10:15 AM. At that point we headed out and over to HS (where we saw Josh taking pictures for the latest post actually). The walk out was extremely, extremely crowded, so I would imagine it got pretty crowded, but I'm not sure if it hit the predicted levels.