Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Discounts on Dining and Merchandise for AP and DVC

New Discounts on Dining and Merchandise for AP and DVC

I now have buyer's remorse regarding the TIW card I bought a month ago. AP holders now get a 20% discount on a bunch of listed TS and QS locations. DVC and AP get 10% at all Disney owned and operated TS except V&A. The discount on Merchandise for both AP and DVC is now 20%. Here's a link to the story and list on WDWMagic.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/annual...vc-members.htm
    June 2004 ASMO; Dec 2005 POP; Feb 2007 POP; March 2011 POR; March 2014 POR; Feb 2015 BWV; Sept 2015 PVB; Jan 2016 AKV Jambo (kind of); Feb 2016 OKW; Sept 2016 PVB; Feb/March 2017 BWV/PVB; Aug/Sept 2017 BCV; Feb 2018 BLT/CCV

MY TRIP REPORTS

New Annual Passholder Benefits and Discounts

Disney just announced some new Annual Passholder Benefits today.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...ing-discounts/
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...s/anniversary/

ETA: more details in Post 28.

Details...

Beginning now, Passholders receive 10% off food and nonalcoholic beverages at select table-service restaurants—at theme parks and Disney Resort hotels—during all available meal periods! In celebration of our 45th anniversary, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders are also eligible for a special 20% discount off 45 select table-service and quick-service dining locations.

New 45th Anniversary Benefits and Discounts

In celebration of our 45th Anniversary, Walt Disney World Resort is offering our Annual Passholders expanded dining and merchandise benefits! From now through September 30, 2017, your Walt Disney World annual pass makes you eligible for 20% discounts at 45 dining locations, as well as 20% off select merchandise locations.

Special Dining Benefits

Enjoy your 45th Anniversary 20% discount at the following table-service and quick-service dining locations:

Disney's Magic Kingdom Theme Park
    Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen
    Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn and Café

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
    Flame Tree Barbecue
    Tiffins

Epcot Theme Park
    Biergarten Restaurant
    Coral Reef Restaurant
    Electric Umbrella
    Liberty Inn
    Rose & Crown Dining Room
    The Garden Grill

Disney's Hollywood Studios Theme Park
    ABC Commissary
    Backlot Express
    Hollywood & Vine
    The Hollywood Brown Derby

Disney Springs
    Disney Food Trucks
    Fantasy Fare
    Namaste Café
    Superstar Catering
    World Showcase of Flavors
    D-Luxe Burger

Walt Disney World Resort Dining
    Artist Point
    Beach Club Marketplace
    Boardwalk Bakery
    Boatwright's Dining Hall
    Cape May Café
    Capt. Cook's
    Captain's Grille
    Citricos
    Contempo Café
    Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
    ESPN Club
    Flying Fish
    Gasparilla Island Grill
    Grand Floridian Café
    Jiko
    Kona Café
    Narcoossee's
    Olivias Café
    Pizza Window
    Roaring Fork
    Sanaa
    The Mara
    The Turf Club Bar and Grill
    The Wave… of American Flavors
    Trail's End Restaurant
    Whispering Canyon Café

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
    Leaning Palms

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
    Lottawatta Lodge

ESPN Wide World Of Sports Complex
    ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill
    Last edited by Micah008; 10-01-2016 at 03:49 PM.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

Wow that is actually pretty good. Definitely decreases some of the value of the TIW card. Now fingers crossed they don't raise the AP costs between now and the 20th when I plan to upgrade. And if they do raise the cost it isn't too crazy...
    Kim

I haven't looked through the entire list yet, but in addition to the restaurants now at 20% there are also a lot of new ones listed at 10% (especially at MK) and others that no longer have their former limitations of "lunch only" and/or "M-F only".

The only thing I have seen so far that got worse is that Spice Road Table and Chefs de France are no longer listed. (Were both 10% only at Lunch and only M-F) I don't know if that is an error on the site, or if they were really removed.

Later today I will post a list of the exact list of changes for each place. (ETA: See Post 28)
    Last edited by Micah008; 10-01-2016 at 03:49 PM.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

Also note that I am seeing "A 10% discount at Disney operated Walt Disney World Table Service restaurants (excluding Victoria and Alberts)" for DVC showing up on some sites too... but nothing official on the DVC site right now. If this is accurate, the list of locations for DVC to get discounts would grow significantly too.
    Micah

MousePerks

Could it be that the "new" discounts are in addition to the discounts that were already in place, such that spice road and chefs still offer the same discount or is this a complete overhaul and replacement? I'm not sure what time of year the discounts are usually put in place, changed, etc.

EDIT: never mind. The list on the AP site looks comprehensive listing all discounts and not just new ones.
    June 2004 ASMO; Dec 2005 POP; Feb 2007 POP; March 2011 POR; March 2014 POR; Feb 2015 BWV; Sept 2015 PVB; Jan 2016 AKV Jambo (kind of); Feb 2016 OKW; Sept 2016 PVB; Feb/March 2017 BWV/PVB; Aug/Sept 2017 BCV; Feb 2018 BLT/CCV

MY TRIP REPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by 3dadknight View Post
    Could it be that the "new" discounts are in addition to the discounts that were already in place, such that spice road and chefs still offer the same discount or is this a complete overhaul and replacement? I'm not sure what time of year the discounts are usually put in place, changed, etc.
    This page is supposed to be the complete list of discounts, and was clearly updated with many new/improved places. So, I find it curious that some are now missing (which were formerly listed here).

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...ing-discounts/

I have also learned not to trust these official pages, since they seems to have errors (which I am guessing Spice Road Table is for sure)
    Micah

MousePerks

that's a shame
    I don't do a lot of WDW shopping, so forgive me if this is a rookie question...

Assuming the report of a DVC 20% discount is accurate, would it apply to online (disneystore.com and/or the shop Disney app), and is the discount shown in the price you first see, or at checkout?

Also, are certain items (e.g. designer bags) excluded from the discount?
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

http://wdwnews.com/releases/2016/10/...medium=twitter

We go in couple weeks with plan to upgrade. I am super excited about the 13 months for price of 12. I have spent way too much time trying to figure out how to do the third trip over the 2017 fall break...and this totally solves the problem!
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I don't do a lot of WDW shopping, so forgive me if this is a rookie question...

Assuming the report of a DVC 20% discount is accurate, would it apply to online (disneystore.com and/or the shop Disney app), and is the discount shown in the price you first see, or at checkout?

Also, are certain items (e.g. designer bags) excluded from the discount?
    According to this article it applies to the Shop Disney Parks app, but otherwise you would actually need to be at Disney World to use it.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/annual...vc-members.htm

Here is the official fine print:
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...ise-discounts/
    Micah

MousePerks

Quote Originally Posted by kmc8826 View Post

We go in couple weeks with plan to upgrade. I am super excited about the 13 months for price of 12. I have spent way too much time trying to figure out how to do the third trip over the 2017 fall break...and this totally solves the problem!
    Very cool. I just saw this article about it too:
    http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/annual...rice-of-12.htm

I am curious if these need to be activated by a certain date, or as long as you purchase in time you can activate whenever you want. (I would love a 13-month pass from 2018-2019)
    Micah

MousePerks

I just found some more info on the Dining discounts, on a different page of the AP website. Looks like Chefs de France was removed intentionally.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...and-discounts/

Details:

Learn about the exciting benefits of being a Walt Disney World Resort Passholder. Explore a year of 45th Anniversary perks, as well as expanded ongoing dining and merchandise discounts. Beginning now, Passholders receive 20% off Disney merchandise and 10% off food and nonalcoholic beverages at select table-service restaurants*—at theme parks and Disney Resort hotels—during all available meal periods!

*Excludes Victoria & Albert's, Le Chefs de France, Monsieur Paul and Teppan Edo.
    Micah

MousePerks

Here is a Disney Parks Blog article.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...r-passholders/

As we kick off the 45th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort today, I have some exciting news about our Passholder program during this anniversary year that includes new dining and merchandise discounts, and a special offer just for this celebratory year.

We know you’ll want to celebrate our 45th anniversary year in a special way too, so how about with an extra month of magic? Starting tomorrow, Oct. 2, guests who are purchasing a 12-month annual pass will be able to enjoy an extra month. That’s right, 13 months for the price of 12! New passes must be purchased between Oct. 2, 2016 and Jan. 3, 2017. Prices vary depending on the type of pass you select: Weekday Select, Silver, Gold, Platinum or Platinum Plus.

And starting today, all year in honor of our 45th, Walt Disney World passholders will receive 20 percent off the price of food and non-alcoholic beverages at 45 participating theme park and resort hotel restaurants. Through Sept. 30, 2017, passholders can take advantage of this special offer at restaurants like Jiko – The Cooking Place, or family dining restaurants such as Jungle Skipper Canteen, or quick service options like D-Luxe Burger. And don’t worry – you have a whole year to try them all!

Another delicious passholder discount is 10 percent off food and nonalcoholic beverages at select table-service restaurants at theme parks and resort hotels.

Like shopping? Passholders will now get 20 percent off purchases at Disney owned-and-operated merchandise locations.
    Micah

MousePerks

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    Very cool. I just saw this article about it too:
    http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/annual...rice-of-12.htm

I am curious if these need to be activated by a certain date, or as long as you purchase in time you can activate whenever you want. (I would love a 13-month pass from 2018-2019)
    I don't know. I was thinking the same thing. I actually have an extra MYW PH I might bring and see if I can use it to upgrade to a voucher. If it would be a voucher for 13 months it would be worth the upfront cost. (Plus I just got a Sapphire Reserve that I need to put money on anyway to get the bonus).

If nothing comes out about buying a voucher good for the 13 months being activated without a certain date I will try and report back.
    Kim

I don't know. I was thinking the same thing. I actually have an extra MYW PH I might bring and see if I can use it to upgrade to a voucher. If it would be a voucher for 13 months it would be worth the upfront cost. (Plus I just got a Sapphire Reserve that I need to put money on anyway to get the bonus).

If nothing comes out about buying a voucher good for the 13 months being activated without a certain date I will try and report back.
    I have been looking around and can't find the "fine print" for the 13 month AP. Maybe more details will come out tomorrow, since it doesn't actually go on sale until then.
    Micah

MousePerks

I'm interested in the 13-month details as well. I have a trip in February for which I already have purchased tickets. Since this promotion ends January 3 I won't be able to activate and bridge, but if I can buy these passes and wait indefinitely to activate I might have something. I also need to know if I can get the 13 months when buying with the DVC discount.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Amber223
    Can't wait to hear details about the 13 month AP. I don't renew until May, and was going to try and take a Disney World break next summer and maybe visit Aulani. This would be great to have and be able to activate later on in the year.

I merged the two similar threads..hopefully that doesn't mess things up.

New discounts are certainly welcome. The previous 10% off merchandise was pretty lousy.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Thanks, we were both posting at the same time.
    Micah

MousePerks

he's right
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    Me too. If I can buy before, but activate later and still get 13 months, that would cover my next two "spring" breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post

New discounts are certainly welcome. The previous 10% off merchandise was pretty lousy.
    I'm glad you merged them. We posted at the same time and Micah's info is much more comprehensive. Thanks.

MY TRIP REPORTS

My buyer's remorse is increasing by the minute. I just upgraded to a Gold AP on 9/3. I'm not sure whether I would have needed the extra month or could have used it, but it would have been nice to have.

MY TRIP REPORTS

20% off at some quick services will be nice since Tables in Wonderland doesn't cover that. I buy enough drinks to still make it worth it, but the "value" proposition on Tables is certainly reduced if you are also a passholder.

I'll look at it as a sunk cost. I actually don't drink, but my wife does. I guess I'll have to get her all liqoured up on our kid-less trip next year to make sure we hit the break even point. :) I can do my share by eating a lot of subpar food at the QS places between TS meals.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dadknight View Post
    I'll look at it as a sunk cost.
    That's the only way to look at it. You can't change the past, so make the best decisions you can going forward...
    Micah

MousePerks