Thread: ASMovies Review, June 4, 2016

ASMovies Review, June 4, 2016

We spent one night at ASMovies at the beginning of our trip, and I thought I'd share our thoughts. We have previously stayed at ASMo a long time ago for our kids' first trip, and we have stayed in other value resorts several times since then.

We did online check in, and even though I booked a standard room, I requested Toy Story and Love Bug. I knew we probably wouldn't get TS because that isn't what I paid for, but it was worth a shot. I didn't know what time we would arrive because we were driving, and our arrival time depended on how far we got the day before, which depended on what time my husband got off work that morning and if he had slept or not (flight paramedic). I marked our arrival for 11:00 a.m.

We got a text as we were eating breakfast, around 8 a.m., that our room was not ready yet. No problem, as we were still in Georgia. We got to Movies right at noon. We hadn't received any more texts, so we went to the desk to check in--we were planning to go to a water park after a stop at Animal Kingdom and needed to change clothes somewhere if our room wasn't ready. There was no line to check in, we went straight to a CM. I didn't write down the name of the girl that checked us in, but she was very friendly. Check in took only a few minutes; she checked each of our bands to make sure they were activated. She couldn't give us the room number yet (it wasn't ready), but when I asked what area we should park in, she said to park over by Toy Story. Yay! As we were walking out the door, a DME bus pulled in--so much for no line at check in, but we were done.

We received a text about a half hour later that our room was ready. I don't remember the room number, but it was on the third floor of building 9 (Woody), facing really nothing but shrubs.

Our room was clean when we went in. No bugs, no dirt, no crumbs, nothing in the bathroom that shouldn't be, no bleach smell, none of the horrible things I had read online that we would find, it was fine. We did have an alarm clock in the room. The room is a little on the small side, which we knew going in. We had packed accordingly; we had one overnight bag for our clothes and things we needed for this night, so we didn't have to unload everything out of the van (we do this every time we stay for only one night, it works well). We had various phones/ipads/laptops, and we didn't have a problem charging those at night. We had a cooler, and the small fridge fit everything we needed to put in it--bottle of coffee creamer, two packages of lunch meat, 2 packages of cheese, a few water bottles, bag of carrots, bag of celery, 2-lb container of chicken salad, and we put the ice pack thing in the top of the fridge (no separate freezer compartment). As far as toiletries, they left a bottle of combination shampoo and conditioner, a bar of facial soap and a bar of soap. We used these when we showered, as we didn't bring the tote in with our things for the one night.

We didn't hear anything from outside or our neighbors when we were in the room. If we hadn't seen people coming out of the room next door in the morning, we wouldn't have known they were there.

If our boys were smaller (and if they would share a bed), and if we didn't bring so much stuff, we would have been fine there all week. We could have stayed there anyway, but it would have been a tight fit. We walked around the TS section the next morning before we left and took some pictures. I wish we would have had a little more time to walk around the resort, but we just didn't take the time. We had planned to use the pool the day we arrived but decided to go to Blizzard Beach instead.

We didn't use the buses at all, but when we were leaving for AK around 8:00 a.m., we saw several buses for each individual All Star; they weren't sharing at that time of the morning.

I do have pictures of our room, but they are still on my phone. I will try to upload them later in a separate post.
    Link to June 2018 Trip Report:
    https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...d=1#post419048

1997 CBR, 2004 ASMo, 2005 CBR
    2007 Pop x 2, 2008 ASMu, 2009 Pop
    2010 ASMu, 2013 CBR, 2016 CSR
    2018 Windsor Palms

Sounds good overall?

Yes, it was a great stay for us.

2018 Windsor Palms

Quote Originally Posted by Momofpirates View Post
    Our room was clean when we went in. No bugs, no dirt, no crumbs, nothing in the bathroom that shouldn't be, no bleach smell, none of the horrible things I had read online that we would find, it was fine.
    Thanks for the report. We stayed at ASMo for our first trip over 12 years ago. We enjoyed it then. As for the quote above, it is spot on. There are certainly thousands of people who stay at ASMo (or any other resort) and have a great time and no trouble with the room and we never hear about it. A few people with Internet access who do have a problem post about it any time they can and the place forever gets a bad reputation. It is sad. Thanks for the nice summary and reassurance that you can indeed get a clean room at WDW.
    June 2004 ASMO; Dec 2005 POP; Feb 2007 POP; March 2011 POR; March 2014 POR; Feb 2015 BWV; Sept 2015 PVB; Jan 2016 AKV Jambo (kind of); Feb 2016 OKW; Sept 2016 PVB; Feb/March 2017 BWV/PVB; Aug/Sept 2017 BCV; Feb 2018 BLT/CCV

MY TRIP REPORTS

Linkura
    I also stayed at ASM a long time ago- 11 years ago. Thought it was really nice for a "value" resort. Didn't spend much time at the hotel except to sleep, so it did its job. A Disney value resort seems way better than a "value" hotel anywhere else.

Sounds great!

The Wilderness Lodge
    10/22/16-10/29/1612/24/15-12/31/15,6/8/14-6/14/14, 12/21/12-12/31/12, 6/19/10-6/30/10, 6/18/09-6/25/09, 12/20/08-1/3/09, 12/27/06-1/3/07
    Old Key West
    7/21/13-7/25/13
    The Polynesian
    1/3/09-1/6/09
    Port Orleans Riverside
    06/05
    Art of Animation
    6/4/14-6/5/14
    Disney Cruise Line - The Dream
    6/5/14-6/8/14 12/21/15-12/24/15

Quote Originally Posted by 3dadknight View Post
    As for the quote above, it is spot on. There are certainly thousands of people who stay at ASMo (or any other resort) and have a great time and no trouble with the room and we never hear about it. A few people with Internet access who do have a problem post about it any time they can and the place forever gets a bad reputation. It is sad.
    That's why I wanted to share, even though it was only one night. It seems like all you hear about the value resorts is that they are dirty or whatever, and they aren't. Granted, I'm sure some people have had not-so-great rooms there, it can happen anywhere.

2018 Windsor Palms