Thread: SamsClub.com now has $500 denominated Disney gift cards

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar

SamsClub.com now has $500 denominated Disney gift cards

Just a heads up - I think this is new within the last week or so. I just saw SamsClub.com now has $500 denominated Disney gift cards, with a ever-so-slightly better discount than the 3-pack of $50 gift cards (5.004% vs 4.68% - saves an additional $3.24 for every $1,000 you buy) but more importantly means you save the annoying task of scratching off the PINs and combining dozens of $50 gift cards through the website.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Another advantage is not having to do multiple transactions at the time you purchase all those cards. They only allowed three per transaction last time we bought $900 worth so it took a while to ring it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    For every $2,000 you buy, that's $6.48 in additional savings which is enough to tip for two margaritas at La Cava OR HAVE YOU ALREADY FORGOTTEN???

After being called out on Twitter I tip $12 per jug margarita now plus give the jug margarita back to them so they can sell it to someone else. Then tweet about how much I enjoyed the handmade margarita.

Don't forget Chase freedom has 5% cashback at wholesale clubs. Some icing. :-)

Since this got bumped, I should mention that some Amex cards will see a promotion for an extra 5% off BJs in-store transactions of $100 or more. They sell the $100 cards for $95 so get more than one and you'll get almost 10% off.

I ordered one of the $500 gift cards from Sam's Club today. I noticed the it says there is a maximum of 1 per guest. Does anyone know if that just means 1 gift card per order? Will I be able to place additional orders of 1 gift card? This is too good of a deal to pass up when using the Chase Freedom card (5% cash back) and shopping through the Chase website (2% cash back).
    Tom

Aug/Sep 2004 (POP); Aug 2009 (POP); Aug/Sep 2012 (POR/AoA); Nov 2013 (ASMu); Jun 2015 (POP); Jan 2016 (offsite/ASSp); Nov 2017 (ASMu); Sep 2018 (ASMo/POP); Jun/Jul 2019 (POP)

Quote Originally Posted by tlh119 View Post
    I ordered one of the $500 gift cards from Sam's Club today. I noticed the it says there is a maximum of 1 per guest. Does anyone know if that just means 1 gift card per order? Will I be able to place additional orders of 1 gift card? This is too good of a deal to pass up when using the Chase Freedom card (5% cash back) and shopping through the Chase website (2% cash back).
    I ordered one after OP started this thread. We don't need another $500 GC but I just tried to reorder- had no problem adding it to my cart and begin the checkout process. I followed it all the way through until the end, when I cancelled it. It is such a great deal!

Rule
    #1: the nurse is always right.
    Rule
    #2: if the nurse is ever wrong, see Rule #1.

We did this for our upcoming trip. You can only order 1 at a time with a maximum of 3 per membership.

I ordered five $500 gift cards from Sam's Club in five separate transactions of one each. Each time I waited until one shipped before ordering another. This was a couple of weeks ago so it's possible they changed the rules since then?

Wow! That's new, then! Good news!

I ordered my second $500 gift card last night. I did notice that my first order shipped free but my order last night had a $0.99 shipping charge. It was still worth it and I will probably order a few more before the Chase Freedom offer is over at the end of September.
    Tom

Aug/Sep 2004 (POP); Aug 2009 (POP); Aug/Sep 2012 (POR/AoA); Nov 2013 (ASMu); Jun 2015 (POP); Jan 2016 (offsite/ASSp); Nov 2017 (ASMu); Sep 2018 (ASMo/POP); Jun/Jul 2019 (POP)

I wish they would sell them in the stores, I dislike worrying that it gets lost in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by tlh119 View Post
    I ordered my second $500 gift card last night. I did notice that my first order shipped free but my order last night had a $0.99 shipping charge. It was still worth it and I will probably order a few more before the Chase Freedom offer is over at the end of September.
    Strange - I got free shipping on each one. \_(ツ)_/

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    Strange - I got free shipping on each one. \_(ツ)_/
    Funny, I got a .99 charge on mine too, choosing "value shipping," which is the least expensive option. Maybe it's a state thing? I'm in IL.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Yeah - look at that, it's not just a state-by-state thing. They took free shipping off the higher-denominated cards.

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 2.26.34 PM.jpg

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    Yeah - look at that, it's not just a state-by-state thing. They took free shipping off the higher-denominated cards.

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 2.26.34 PM.jpg
    Well, .99 isn't exactly going to break the bank.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

I'm saving my Swagbuck earnings to buy a $500 card. I love saving money.