Thread: "Growth chart" pics

"Growth chart" pics

I saw someone commented on Josh's recent post that they used the Zurg statue at Buzz to "measure" their kid's growth through the years. Curious if there are some other good spots people have used? We're planning our first trip (of many I hope!) with DS2 & DD 8 months so I thought it would be fun!

I think I've seen people do that with a totem pole, maybe at Wilderness Lodge? But that's not in a park, so it makes it more difficult.

We don't have a growth chart photo, but we do have a photo with Sorcerer Mickey from every trip, so that's a similar idea. But I like the thought of something permanent... Can't wait to hear other's responses!

We take our children's picture in front of the upside fountain outside of Imagination at Epcot each trip. It's not so much for growth, but you can see how high above the rail in the background their heads go each time.

We picked our spot after looking through the pictures on our first trip. There was a really cute picture right there, and I hung it on the wall. I loved the way it looked, so I just made sure to keep doing it. I think that's a fairly painless way to get started, so that you don't have to stage an absolutely perfect picture in one predetermined spot.

We do one with the "holiday" statues at the entrance to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. We used it for our Christmas card a few times but now just take a picture there for sentimental reasons.

We consistently get Buzz Lightyear pics when we go, but a character pic would work (except for Darth Vader or other characters that disappear).

I don't think you can do Zurg anymore. According to one of Josh's recent posts they have added more bars to prevent people from getting in there with him.

I would find something that would be permanent. I think standing at the front and center of the entrance to MK would be neat. And see how tall they are each time compared to the wall.

1995 {Summer of 5th grade} 2000 {Freshman in high school band trip} 2010 {First Disney Christmas} 2012 {First Disney Halloween} 2013 {Christmas break at Disney} 2014 {Mother/Daughter/I'm 30!} Coming Nov-Dec 2015 {Christmas at Disney}

Since my kids were 3 and 10, I have been taking their pics on the Star Wars speeder out side of Star Tours EVERY YEAR. They are now 13 and 20 years old... they still humor their mom by hopping on for a photo every year

We did a photo of all 4 kids... and now I can't find the first one from 2011. I'm afraid I took it on the trip (to make sure they were in the right order) and it got lost. :( Which doesn't make sense b/c I had the whole folder, but I've looked everywhere for it. Ugh, we have too much stuff.
    Abby - I have kids.

I wanted a pic of my kids behind the bars with Zurg too. They are now 15 and 13, and we have that pic from 8 other trips, starting with when they were 3 and 15 months old (yes, we put the baby in there!).
    Link to June 2018 Trip Report:
    https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...d=1#post419048

1997 CBR, 2004 ASMo, 2005 CBR
    2007 Pop x 2, 2008 ASMu, 2009 Pop
    2010 ASMu, 2013 CBR, 2016 CSR
    2018 Windsor Palms

In Epcot outside of the sign that says "The Land." (Before you go up into the building).

If you are at AK and make it to Conservation Station inside they have the statue things of the animal. We started with my oldest crawling around the tiger one and now we have one for about every trip we have made it there.
    Kim

These are all great ideas! We will have to pick a "landmark" when we go in November now that both boys are mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by momof2boys View Post
    These are all great ideas! We will have to pick a "landmark" when we go in November now that both boys are mobile.
    Yes! I'm glad I posted. I love the idea of reviewing pics and looking for a favorite to use!

Since things change at WDW at times, you may want to pick a few spots to use each trip. ie: Zurg is longer an option.
    My husband and I try to get our pics at the MK wishing well (which is to the right of the castle), but the path is not always open due to the crane in use. {bummer}
    1997 - 1st trip - Big pink birthday cake castle - vacation ruined.
    2008 - POR; 2009 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2012 - POP; 2013 - ASMo; 2014 - POP, 2016 - POP

Star wars speeder here too! I'm wondering if that will get moved soon.
    A quick December trip this year, saving up for the last of the under-3 trips next year!
    Our family - me, DH, DS8 and DS4 and toddleriffic DS1. No princesses for us!

We like to use the Winnie the Pooh bench at Disney Springs.
    Jen

Dream Builders Travel

image.jpgWe use the Mickey face on the store at MCO
    so cute to compare to the first one
    Last edited by Mrs Darling; 05-09-2016 at 10:09 AM.
    ~Stacey

I think its also fun to document growth and first rides by taking pics using the height measurement signs at favorite rides- BTMR, 7DMT, Test track, etc. Take a picture every year and then make a big deal when they are able to take their first ride on it.

The tiki statues in Adventureland near Jungle Cruise would be a cute spot, and I don't think they're going anywhere.

My dad always took a picture of me and my sister by the fountain in Italy at Epcot, and I remembered to take one there of my own girls last year. (We didn't even make it back there on our 2014 trip because it started raining & we left.) There isn't really a specific thing to measure growth against there but its a nice picture.

At MK we always do The Sword-in the Stone, Winnie-the-Pooh's house, and the stocks in Liberty Square. At DHS couple of my favorites are the wall right outside Tatooine Traders and the Miss Piggy fountain. Like KBO says, definitely do several as things change. We used to always do Zurg as well as the ant at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.

The tiki statues in Adventureland near Jungle Cruise would be a cute spot, and I don't think they're going anywhere.
    Yes! I was going to suggest this! I have one of me in front of those when I was a kid, and I made sure to get one of my kids in the same spot. Other photos I like to get every visit are my kids in the the stockades in Liberty Square, and next to the statues/busts at Haunted Mansion. We always did the ant at HISTK too (sniff).
    '82 - Offsite/'88 - Offsite/'94 - CB/'14 - POP/'15 - POFQ/'17 - WL

We have pics from Zurg too. My favorite are the tea cup pictures though. In the pics from our first trip DD's head is below the rim of the cup. Two years later and we are clearing it by several inches!

Love this idea. Wish I had started this prior. My kids have posed with Zurg before, but in the first trip my youngest in most posed pictures was held (so he would be still) since he was only 18 months. The only pictures I have of just the two of them consistently by themselves has been with Tinkerbell. Soo... hhmmm Tinkerbell it is. What makes it even better is that they are in the same shirts both trips. Wonder if they could pull off the same shirt third year in a row... doubtful how much they have grown. May have to make new ones in their upcoming sizes to match. Now that would be a feat each trip.
    Jessica

DS (7) and DS (5)

JUNE 1989: Fort Wilderness and Disney Inn
    MAR 1996: Offsite
    NOV 2014 and 2015: Pop Century
    JUNE 2016: Gaylord Palms/Beach
    NOV 2016: CBR
    DEC 2017 and 2018: Pop Century

Love that ideas are still coming! I wish my mom and dad did a better job at taking pictures. I was rummaging through stuff at their house the other day and found two random pictures from my second childhood trip - which no one can remember a thing about! I hope I can do better for my kids.

We do have a family pic with Mickey at DL when DS was 7 months last year. We could try to do a family pic with him every trip. I'd like to think he isn't going anywhere!

I did pre-purchase Memory Maker. I hope it's worth it.