Thread: Boardwalk Villas

Boardwalk Villas

My husband and I stayed at Boardwalk Villas from April 8-12. Here are some of our thoughts...

When people say some rooms are far from the elevators, they are not kidding. We were in room 4008. When you get off the elevator the rooms started at 4068. We walked past 60 rooms to get to ours and there were some twists and turns when we weren't sure which way to go. It was a hike. We were close to the stairs, so we took those most of the time, but we didn't have kids. I saw one couple do it with a toddler and carrying the stroller, but probably choose close to elevator as an option in online check in if you have a stroller.

We were on the backside of the resort, but not looking at a pool, so just around the corner from Jellyrolls. We were OK with not being on the Boardwalk because while it was very peaceful in the mornings, it seems like it could be loud, especially on Saturday nights. We aren't really nightclub people and prefer more low key, so the Boardwalk area was nice, but not a must do for us. Room location was nice and quiet and we had a great view of the Star Wars fireworks from our balcony. We could even hear the music on Monday night.

Loved, loved, loved being able to walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. My husband tolerates the busses just because he enjoys not driving while on vacation more (he also loves the Magical Express, that is the start of vacation for him). The walk to HS is very peaceful and there were not very people using it.

The bed was also very comfy.

We were very surprised by how small the hot tubs were. The only other deluxe we've stayed at was the Poly which had a very nice hot tub, so I don't know if the other deluxes have hot tubs like the Boardwalk or not, but we didn't like it. There is no way the one by the smaller pool held more than 4 people and they'd have to be fairly friendly...

We were OK with the dining options because we dined in the parks mostly and occasionally picked up something from the Bakery. With where our room was located, I would not have liked having to go to the Bakery to fill our mugs, but we didn't have them. Just keep that in mind before you get the mugs while staying there.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but will probably pick another resort next time. We loved the location, but don't really need the Boardwalk right there and prefer things a little more low key. We also really enjoyed being on the water to eat a quick breakfast or dinner, so we'll probably try the Yacht Club for our next adult only trip.
    www.earsandcheerstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/EarsandCheersTravel

Me (Jenny), DH, DD(12), DS(10), DD(9)

Jan 2014: POR; Nov/Dec 2015: Poly; April 2016: BWV; Sept 2016: DL; March 2017: CBR/CR; Feb 2018: BC; April 2019 GF; Nov/Dec 2019: BCV; Feb2020: BWI

Thanks so much for the quick review. I have been very interested in doing an adult only trip with just me and the hubby and thought BWV would be perfect. We would probably do Epcot, HS & possibly AK over a 4 day weekend. I love the idea of walking to 2 parks, but was worried about the location of the studio rooms. You confirmed both the good and not so good points to consider. Glad you had a good trip! Thanks, again!
    Staci
    May 2015 TR
    - CBR with my teen niece - big kid focused trip.
    Universal October 2015 TR - Royal Pacific with my 16yo son.
    April 2016 TR Staying Offsite & using rider swaps: a young children focused trip.

We have also been considering the BW, just not the Villas. Would your opinion change much if you had stayed in a regular room at the Inn? I am also waiting to see what Flying Fish is like after the refurbishment. We really enjoyed our QS lunch at the Bakery last trip.
    Thank you for your review!

that's a shame
    We'v stayed at BWV a bunch of times (it's our DVC home resort). Yeah, the long hallways suck, especially after a long day in the parks, but we use the stairways as frequently as possible and they help.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

If you don't like those hallways, don't stay at AKL - Kidani !

Thanks for the review, good to read. We are staying there next January for the first time.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

Quote Originally Posted by lyonmommy View Post
    We have also been considering the BW, just not the Villas. Would your opinion change much if you had stayed in a regular room at the Inn? I am also waiting to see what Flying Fish is like after the refurbishment. We really enjoyed our QS lunch at the Bakery last trip.
    Thank you for your review!
    If you are on the Inn side, you would be closer to the Bakery and the lounge that serves continental breakfast, so you have some closer food options. It would also be closer to refill mugs. If you have kids though, I would really choose close to elevator as a check-in option no matter which side.
    www.earsandcheerstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/EarsandCheersTravel

Me (Jenny), DH, DD(12), DS(10), DD(9)

Jan 2014: POR; Nov/Dec 2015: Poly; April 2016: BWV; Sept 2016: DL; March 2017: CBR/CR; Feb 2018: BC; April 2019 GF; Nov/Dec 2019: BCV; Feb2020: BWI

Boardwalk Villas and Bay Lake Towers are our two most favorite resorts. We have not yet stayed at Beach Club and will be trying that out on our next trip in January. This year was our last year in a 1 bedroom at the resorts that don't have a bed for a 5th person, so we will be seeing how it is in a 2 bedroom.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Thank you for the review! I'm planning to rent DVC points for a trip in summer 2017 and BWV is my 1st choice. I love the idea of being able to walk to two parks, only having to leave the resort 15-20 minutes before we want to be at the gates. Will make those rope drop mornings more pleasant for my non-morning-person daughter.

Thank you for this! We booked the WL, but the Boardwalk was slightly cheaper than WL when they released the room discounts for December. However, it was not enough for us to switch and give up being at a MK resort. Thanks again!
    DisneyDanceMom73

2001, Oct. 2003, 2004, 2007 & 2008 - FWC; Feb. 2003, 2006, 2009 & 2011 - POP; 2016 - Poly; May 2017 - CSR​;
    2012, 2015 & Nov. 2017 - POR; Jan. 2018 - WL;
    Nov. 2018 - SSR; April 2019 - Vero Beach; Dec19/Jan 20 - CC @ WL

Please subscribe to my channel, Disney Beams:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_m5NUNMvFPvPic7bGmpHBg

Thanks for the review! We rented points for next spring (Apr 2018) and can't wait. I was looking for a more adult resort for our 25th anniversary trip. Like you, the reason I picked it was because of its proximity to the two parks. Plus the quiet morning boardwalk is just my style!
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it all was started by a Mouse." Walt Disney

We are going back to BWV in October...good to know the new beds are comfy! That proximity really is fabulous...if I ever hit the lottery we might try Beach and Yacht too. :)

The Bakery is a nice coffee stop on the way out to Epcot if you have a mug, but I agree...mugs are probably not worth it at BWV. (We always Garden Grocer for the week so we can grab our own mugs and whatever we want before leaving the room.) We've also found that in addition to LOOOONG, those hallways are also COLD! We stayed in a standard ground floor facing the bus stop last time, and we often opted to use the exit near our room and walk through the pool area to the Boardwalk just so we wouldn't freeze.

And speaking of the Bakery, that roast beef and salami sandwich is so very.very.good. (Provided you are a carnivore, of course.) I can't wait to get another one in October!

Has anyone ever noticed that the Boardwalk is always under constant renovation? BW is our home resort but we haven't stayed there in a while, opting to try out other resorts. We have reservations the first week of September in a deluxe studio. If anyone has stayed recently, have they switched from regular coffee pots to Keurig like at Coronado?
    i always bring coffee with me and we just stop at Walgreens to pick up a case of water on our way to the resort from MCO. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Has anyone ever noticed that the Boardwalk is always under constant renovation? BW is our home resort but we haven't stayed there in a while, opting to try out other resorts. We have reservations the first week of September in a deluxe studio. If anyone has stayed recently, have they switched from regular coffee pots to Keurig like at Coronado?
    i always bring coffee with me and we just stop at Walgreens to pick up a case of water on our way to the resort from MCO. Thanks!
    I haven't been at BWV for 2 years, but I'm pretty certain that none of the DVC units anywhere are getting Keurigs. I think the idea is that DVC units have kitchens and regular coffee pots, while non-kitchen hotel units get individual cup coffee makers.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Thank You. I was just hoping. Keurig is our regular coffee pot. The only time I ever use bagged coffee is at Disney and I never make a good pot, I'm out of practice