Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free dining

Quote Originally Posted by dave shute View Post
    nothing is certain til it's on disney's website! These rumors have been wrong before.
    this.

Couple questions for those who have booked this before.
    Does the free dining just appear in the Special Offers section of Disney's website when it becomes available?
    If you've already booked a Magic My Way package, can you change the package to add free dining on the website?
    I've read about people booking as early as 3 or 4 AM online, but haven't been able to find a clear answer about changing an existing package online.
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by LAUNCHPADMCQUACK View Post
    Couple questions for those who have booked this before.
    Does the free dining just appear in the Special Offers section of Disney's website when it becomes available?
    If you've already booked a Magic My Way package, can you change the package to add free dining on the website?
    I've read about people booking as early as 3 or 4 AM online, but haven't been able to find a clear answer about changing an existing package online.
    Thanks guys!
    This is how I booked mine last year. A friend saw it up at about 4am she called and woke me up. I already had a package booked so I clicked "Change Reservation" then under "Standard Price Package" I clicked change and free dining was there. I was able to change it within minutes but I guess the site crashed later that day.
    ~Vicki~

Quote Originally Posted by Vhaz View Post
    This is how I booked mine last year. A friend saw it up at about 4am she called and woke me up. I already had a package booked so I clicked "Change Reservation" then under "Standard Price Package" I clicked change and free dining was there. I was able to change it within minutes but I guess the site crashed later that day.
    This is great info! Thanks! Except I think that functionality to change online might be gone now... I'm only seeing the phone number to call now. This is what mine looks like when I go to my reservations:

Anybody know for sure if that functionally has been completely removed?
    Thanks again!

We probably won't know until there is an actual Promo available to update. I'm fairly certain you cannot change your dates via MDE. But if you're just updating your current "Standard Price Package" to one of the (soon to be released most likely but no one can be sure until Disney tells us) promos, then it should be available to do via the website.

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyW View Post
    We probably won't know until there is an actual Promo available to update. I'm fairly certain you cannot change your dates via MDE. But if you're just updating your current "Standard Price Package" to one of the (soon to be released most likely but no one can be sure until Disney tells us) promos, then it should be available to do via the website.
    I hope so! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LAUNCHPADMCQUACK View Post
    This is great info! Thanks! Except I think that functionality to change online might be gone now... I'm only seeing the phone number to call now. This is what mine looks like when I go to my reservations:

Anybody know for sure if that functionally has been completely removed?
    Thanks again!
    I was able to do it this morning but sometimes MDE is buggy and I have to refresh a few times. I have also noticed that if I've called to make a change then my online access to change will disappear.
    ~Vicki~

I was able to do it this morning but sometimes MDE is buggy and I have to refresh a few times. I have also noticed that if I've called to make a change then my online access to change will disappear.
    Oh man... I already made one change to my package online. I wonder if that changes/removes online access too. Maybe something dumb like only your first change can be made online. I might just call and ask if that's the case and if they can flip my online access back on. Thanks for the information!

If these dates hold up, looks like I'm going to miss Free Dining. If it means missing the crowds, I'm OK with that! LOL!

Has any percentage off of room dates been released yet?
    DisneyDanceMom73

2001, Oct. 2003, 2004, 2007 & 2008 - FWC; Feb. 2003, 2006, 2009 & 2011 - POP; 2016 - Poly; May 2017 - CSR​;
    2012, 2015 & Nov. 2017 - POR; Jan. 2018 - WL;
    Nov. 2018 - SSR; April 2019 - CC @ WL

Please subscribe to my channel, Disney Beams:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_m5NUNMvFPvPic7bGmpHBg

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDanceMom73 View Post
    If these dates hold up, looks like I'm going to miss Free Dining. If it means missing the crowds, I'm OK with that! LOL!

Has any percentage off of room dates been released yet?
    Nothing has officially been announced yet.

Checked on my PC today. The change link is there! For some reason not on mobile site.

Yeah, Fastpasses are really the only thing that work better on the app. It's almost always best to update/change via the web.

When I click the link now, it just says no valid offers. If the rumors are true, sometime tomorrow when I click the link, free dining should just show up? I have a 6 night stay at Pop Century, 5 day park hopper tickets, beginning September 3.

I'd keep an eye on mousesavers.com. They will assuredly post when/if it becomes available.

It's available on Disney's site now. Just booked mine.

Booked mine around 4:15 this morning. Thank you all so much! This community is amazing!

Held for 52 minutes this morning just to find out there's no free dining availability for my trip... BC, arriving 11/26. She tried to get me to upgrade to club level with "free" dining for $700 more than I'm currently paying. I called to try to get a discount.....
    Sandy, DH (Mike), DD 19, DS 9
    ASMo 4/2013, 2/2014
    BC 11/2015
    Bought DVC 1/2016
    POR 12/2016
    AKV 9/2017, 4/2018... cant wait to return 12/2018!!

I just booked 11/26-12/3 at 6:40 am at got it, Pop Century.

1995 {Summer of 5th grade} 2000 {Freshman in high school band trip} 2010 {First Disney Christmas} 2012 {First Disney Halloween} 2013 {Christmas break at Disney} 2014 {Mother/Daughter/I'm 30!} Coming Nov-Dec 2015 {Christmas at Disney}

Called my travel agent to change my reservation. Thanks for posting.
    Cindy

Availability seems to be pretty slim for September. The website has given me nothing but problems this morning and finally got through around 8:00 and am in the land of hold. I have a feeling I may have missed booking for September.

Booked for Nov 20-26TH!!!!!
    2014 POR | 2015 POR | April 2016 POFQ | November 2017 Beach Club

Booked!
    2007 Offsite, 2009 OKW, 2012 WH, 2013 WBC, 2013 Pop, 2014 WBC, 2015 Pop, 2016 Pop, 2017 Solterra, 2017 WH, 2017 Sheraton Vistana, 2018 Offsite, 2018 St Georges Manor, 2018 WH/Boardwalk, 2018 ASMo, 2018 Disneyland offsite, 2019 Easter Disneyland offsite, 8/2019 Disneyland offsite, 2019 OKW

Thanks to our TA we got ours for our 9/10 dates, keep trying!

I have everything I need in my cart but it would checkout keeps loading the coming back to cart tried safari and now chrome was working ok last two weeks when doing test bookings

Why does it "feel" like I got a better deal by taking my 30% off room rate this summer?
    Abby - I have kids.