Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free dining

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bill 10 View Post
    I have everything I need in my cart but it would checkout keeps loading the coming back to cart tried safari and now chrome was working ok last two weeks when doing test bookings
    I'm having this problem too. So annoying as I've been stuck in Drs offices all day. I guess I need to call (gross) or message a TA.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbyar View Post
    Why does it "feel" like I got a better deal by taking my 30% off room rate this summer?
    A room discount is almost always the better deal for us. It just depends on the rack rate of the room and the ages and number of people in the room.

Try using Chrome Incognito, it typically works the best for me.

This free dining promo follows a ticket and dining plan increase, and it includes hoppers... so it's not as "free" as it used to seem. It's more like "Discounted Dining"

I finally figured out how to book. Silly me, I was logging in to my account first, and that was apparently the problem. When I didn't sign in, I had no problem booking and easily linked in MDE after booking. My account has had all kinds of problems since the last time they did "upgrades" and in hindsight u should have tried using my husband's account.

Free Disney dining. CMs may not be up to date

After a relatively short wait-- about 18 minutes at 7:00 am EST-- I spent more than an hour on line with a very nice but uninformed CM. First, she told me I could not change my reservation to add free dining. After a pleasant conversation, she agreed to talk to her supervisor by text. Shortly thereafter, she said I could. But then told me the discount would not apply because I was not arriving [U]and leaving[U] during the included dates. I had to explain and read to her from the website that the only date that mattered was arrival. After another text to her supervisor and several minutes, she agreed. Lastly, she told me the only plan available was the one offered in the deal-- there was not upgrading. Another conversation during which I explained and read to her from the website. A final text to her supervisor and she agreed I was correct on all 3 issues. Saved about $1,000 and felt good I was able to train one CM on this offer. She actually profusely thanked me for my patience and knowledge.
    Also discovered I had a delight and surprise that gave us free Disney dinning in late October for a family trip with 10 of us! It has been a good day 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

As others have mentioned the room only discount ended up saving us more than Free dining because of the increased rates and need for the park harper. First time in a few trips we have used the room only discount instead of Free Dining.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelbuddhist View Post
    After a relatively short wait-- about 18 minutes at 7:00 am EST-- I spent more than an hour on line with a very nice but uninformed CM. First, she told me I could not change my reservation to add free dining. After a pleasant conversation, she agreed to talk to her supervisor by text. Shortly thereafter, she said I could. But then told me the discount would not apply because I was not arriving [U]and leaving[U] during the included dates. I had to explain and read to her from the website that the only date that mattered was arrival. After another text to her supervisor and several minutes, she agreed. Lastly, she told me the only plan available was the one offered in the deal-- there was not upgrading. Another conversation during which I explained and read to her from the website. A final text to her supervisor and she agreed I was correct on all 3 issues. Saved about $1,000 and felt good I was able to train one CM on this offer. She actually profusely thanked me for my patience and knowledge.
    Also discovered I had a delight and surprise that gave us free Disney dinning in late October for a family trip with 10 of us! It has been a good day 
    I haven't been able to get through by phone and the website is not reflecting the "arrival" rule. This is very irritating! When you are talking about "upgrading" do you mean upgrading from quick service plan to regular dining plan that includes table? Is that usually worth doing if you are trying for a value resort? We will do park hopper anyway and we like have ADR's each evening. We don't really use quick service too much though. Mostly eat breakfast and lunch in hotel.
    Last edited by WDW101; 04-26-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Well 24 hrs later still can't checkout my booking I did try to ring from Australia but was advised the wait time to be over 90 min.tried Chrome,chrome ingocnito and safari.
    i suspect my cart will no longer be valid as now if I try doing it again nothing at all is showing at music,will wait a few days and maybe just look at a room only discount,