Thread: 8am photopass cast members

8am photopass cast members

This may be a silly question. I have an 8am ADR for Be Our Guest, hoping to score a photo with the castle minus extras on the scene. Does anyone know if the cast members start taking photos at 7:45/8am?

I do believe they are there up main street, but not anywhere else in the parks. I know someone else asked before if they were out by BOG or behind the castle and I didn't see any.

Unless you are literally the first person to the FP photographer, there will be other people in your picture. Granted it won't be the crowds but it'll be nearly impossible to have no one behind you. I was actually surprised how many people were inside the park pre-opening!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

thanks

Not a problem, good luck !
    Tricia

Yes, there were photopass photographers in front of the castle at various spots (some closer to castle, some farther down main st) as soon as we were let in the park for our 8am BOG (so about 7:45). They were awesome photographers, and got pics of my daughter running down an empty main street, before they snapped a pic of our whole family (in funny poses). They are some of my favorite pics from the whole trip!

Quote Originally Posted by CJG17 View Post
    Yes, there were photopass photographers in front of the castle at various spots (some closer to castle, some farther down main st) as soon as we were let in the park for our 8am BOG (so about 7:45). They were awesome photographers, and got pics of my daughter running down an empty main street, before they snapped a pic of our whole family (in funny poses). They are some of my favorite pics from the whole trip!
    glad to hear that! I was a little worry cause we went to epcot last year and after the fireworks, I tried to get a picture with the golf ball and the cast member told me he's done for the day.

Skip the first ones and head for the last one before the castle. And, there was one off to the side by the statue.

First picture was photo pass photographer by statue at a 8am time before a BOG breakfast. It was the only one we found that didn't have a lot of people in it.

the second photo was from a great photo pass photographer on the other side of the castle that insisted on this picture being a great idea (it was!!). It is one of my favorites!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeep View Post
    First picture was photo pass photographer by statue at a 8am time before a BOG breakfast. It was the only one we found that didn't have a lot of people in it.

the second photo was from a great photo pass photographer on the other side of the castle that insisted on this picture being a great idea (it was!!). It is one of my favorites!!
    wow! i love both! thanks for the tips!

Great pics!! I don't remember seeing a photographer behind the castle on my trip but glad there was one for you !
    Tricia

Quote Originally Posted by ccnml View Post
    wow! i love both! thanks for the tips!
    Your welcome. I think photo pass photographer behind castle was a "rover" because I remember when looking at the file names it said rover in the name (for the land behind the castle). We also hit a photo pass photographer coming up the ramp to the left of the castle in the back that took the absolute BEST photos of my kids (the castle was in the background, but it's a side shot). My kids ran into two cast members on their way to a lunch show and they were unbelievablely wonderful with their conversation with my kids. The photo pass photographer just took picture after picture and they were all perfect at catching the "moment". It was definately a pixie dust moment for our trip!

if you can't find a photographer and want a castle shot like my second photo, have someone lay on the ground and tilt the camera up, because that is what the photographer did!! Luckily, it wasn't busy and he didn't get stepped on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    Great pics!! I don't remember seeing a photographer behind the castle on my trip but glad there was one for you !
    Thank you! I think he was a "rover" photo pass photographer for the land behind the castle.

Was disappointed last trip as there were no photopass photographers out on our day. The previous trip we got great pictures. Hopefully it was just a fluke for us.
    Jessica

DS (8) and DS (6)

JUNE 1989: Fort Wilderness and Disney Inn
    MAR 1996: Offsite
    NOV 2014 and 2015: Pop Century
    JUNE 2016: Gaylord Palms/Beach
    NOV 2016: CBR
    DEC 2017 and 2018: Pop Century
    June 2019: The Grove
    September 2019: Pop Century

Late reply on this, but yes there should always be Photopass CM's at least on Main Street that early in the morning. Sometimes they're up at the Partners statue in the Hub as well - one to the left and one to the right.

And you're right about the Rover position! There's no telling exactly where they'll be, as they're statused by land if I remember right. So the Fantasyland rover could be anywhere in Fantasyland, including behind the castle. When this position was created a few years ago they were encouraged to capture candid moments, but don't be hesitant to walk right up to them and ask for a photo.
    DCP Alumni Fall 2010 - MK Photopass
    June '13 - 2 day WDW Adventure

January '14 - Surprise MK Engagement!

April '16 Disney Double Date (with first timers!)

We had 2 8 AM adr last week.
    There were only a couple of Photopgraphers out, only 2 or so. Not many at all and they all had very long lines. We gave up trying to get a photo in favor of actually eating the meal we made an ADR for.