Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computers?

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla! jandeeah's Avatar
    Okay I never remember do I click run or save???
    Never mind I got it...

No error messages and boy is it fast!!!

Pam You ROCK!!!

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    Thanks! So glad it worked, and to think it only wasted half of your Saturday On the plus side, I didn't do it, you did. You're much more computer savvy than you think you are. Most people would NOT have been able to follow typed instructions and trouble shoot this like you did.

I know that Firefox put a link on your desktop, if you usually use the Explorer link from your desktop to access the internet, you can delete that link and keep the Firefox one in it's place (deleting the link won't delete the program - it's still on your computer).

Here's how to rearrange stuff so it's easier to find Firefox than it is to find Explorer (a good thing, that way you won't be tempted to use Explorer).

iconmove.jpg

If you have any other problems or questions, fire away :)

Thanks I am good for now but when I have some time I will check back in and have you tell me how to remove Norton's and install avast.
    It may have taken an afternoon but saved me several hundred dollars. I am trying to convince my husband I should take $200 out of our savings account and move it to the Disney fund because I saved us more than that

I am trying to convince my husband I should take $200 out of our savings account and move it to the Disney fund because I saved us more than that
    Yea Disney Math!!

Pam I had a quick question. Everything is working great but I can't find my favorites in Firefox. I told it to import them but I do not see them under bookmarks. This is not a huge deal I can get the ones I want and copy them over but I was wondering if it was just something simple. Thanks again!

Well, here's one I'm not sure about, since I use Google Bookmarks which are available on all my computers at the same time - but I think if you open Bookmarks, then click Show All Bookmarks, you should see a folder that says "imported" or something similar. Oh, here, this is from the Firefox help page (you can access it by clicking the "help" menu at the top of the page, then selecting "Firefox Help".
    Unable to find your bookmarks after importing them

If you have imported your bookmarks from another browser, they appear in the Bookmarks menu in a specific folder. To find your imported bookmarks, do the following:

1. Click the Bookmarks button on the right side of the navigation toolbar (Windows XP: click the Bookmarks menu) and select Show All Bookmarks to open the Library window.

• Depending on the type of browser from which you imported, your bookmarks appear in a specially named folder in the Bookmarks list.
      • Internet Explorer. Folder name is From Internet Explorer.
      • Opera. Folder name is From Opera.
      • Bookmarks imported from other browsers follow a similar pattern.

• If your source bookmarks were stored in a hierarchy of folders, the folder structure is preserved inside the specially named folder.

If desired, you can move your imported bookmarks to other folders. For more information, see How do I use bookmarks?.

It had not imported them last time but I found where to do it from and it worked!!!