Thread: Missing the sports cartoons at Casey's corner

Missing the sports cartoons at Casey's corner

Maybe it's just me but I miss the old days Disney world. The times like at Casey's corner you could get a good hot dog and watch the funny cartoons on their TV. I also miss the sky ride that you could look down and see Disney from a different perspective. You could go to main street for a break and they had the penny arcade. I miss if you had wings and other rides like it. World of motion comes to mind. So does horizons. Rides that were fun because they were fun not just because they are thrill rides. Before some people jump on me because I feel this way I understand they needed to put in thrill rides it just seems that Disney is moving more and more away from things that made it special. For example Osborne lights. I know Disney thinks they know what they are doing but I am not sure that in their haste to make things so called better that they are losing what made them special. Sorry for the ranting and I fell in love with Disney the first time I was old enough to realize what was there and 42 years later I still love Disney. Just have been feeling this way for a long time and I hope some people can at least empathize with me

It's too bad stuff has to go for new stuff to come in.

South Georgia, yeah its Disney World hot here.
    I'm with ya'. I miss the old Disney, too.
    Craig

flickr

JulieHFJ
    That's not a rant, 1970mikeh, it's a wistful Valentine to the walt disney world that was.

Well it's been a year and a half and disney just closed another classic in the great movie ride.it will sorely be missed. Hollywood studios is a ghost town of itself. 4 rides left. Boy I sure hope they know what they are doing still. We saw one of the last gmr rides. We have a vacation in December not even sure if we will do Hollywood studios as there are more table service restaurants than rides this really s*x. Not even sure the replacement shows are better than their predecessors. I happened to really like American idol. But I guess not enough people did.well enough of my ranting, I know they will have some good things by 2021 I sure hope I'm still around to see it.

I am very disappointed my children and grandchildren will never have the experience of '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Submarine Voyage' and that my grandchildren will never have the experience of 'Pirates of the Caribbean without those oversized creepy Johnny Depp mannequins' appearing all over ruining the story.

However, I am very happy the 'Haunted Mansion' is still there and 'Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid' and all the Beauty and the Beast themed stuff has been added.
    Dec 1981 Magic Kingdom/Off-site Dec 1998 Animal Kingdom, MK & Universal Studios Florida/Off-site
    Dec 2005 Disney Wonder & MK (MVMCP)/Port Orleans Riverside & Saratoga Springs Dec 2008 Disney Magic
    Nov 2011 Islands of Adventure & USF/Off-site/RC Liberty of the Seas Aug 2015 IoA & USF/Cabana Bay
    Nov 2016 Epcot, MK, HS & AK/All-Star Movies Oct 2017 AK, Ep & MK (MNSSHP)/ASMo/IoA & USF/Sapphire Falls
    Oct 2018 Disney Fantasy (HotHS) Coming soon: June 2020 IoA & USF/Disney Dream

Quote Originally Posted by All about me View Post
    I am very disappointed my children and grandchildren will never have the experience of '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Submarine Voyage' and that my grandchildren will never have the experience of 'Pirates of the Caribbean without those oversized creepy Johnny Depp mannequins' appearing all over ruining the story.

However, I am very happy the 'Haunted Mansion' is still there and 'Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid' and all the Beauty and the Beast themed stuff has been added.
    They still have 20,000 leagues stuff at DLP! And I cant remember if Johnny Depp has made his way into Pirates there.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

he's right
    As far as most kids are concerned, Johnny Depp *is* Pirates.

Well a few more months and galaxy's edge will be open. We almost have the gandolas and a lot of info about epcot a changing. I still feel the nagging feeling the more they add the more they are killing the old disney I grew up with

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I feel that as long as this zombie thread keeps getting resurrected, there's still some hope for the old disney we grew up with.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by 1970mikeh View Post
    Well a few more months and galaxy's edge will be open. We almost have the gandolas and a lot of info about epcot a changing. I still feel the nagging feeling the more they add the more they are killing the old disney I grew up with
    A while ago, I decided to change my mindset about growing older. Nothing in life can stay the same, if it did, we would stagnate as a species. New technology and new experiences are good! Yes, I do think nostalgically of my first days at WDW in 1983. I miss the first VR helmet I ever put on, where I was flying around the Sistine Chapel in an EPCOT Tech expo area. ( I was chosen to guide the experience in Innovations East, does anyone remember that experience?) My kids and I LOVED the gaming area, where SEGA was playtesting their new console games. I miss the fact that DisneyQuest is gone, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the original Journey into Imagination, and River Country.

BUT... I'm so happy I've been able to do something new every time I go to WDW. I left my kids with good memories, and now I have been able to share many new experiences and memories with my grandkids. We had wonderful times at Animal Kingdom, and my youngest granddaughter asked to sit with me, for her first upside down coaster experience ( Rockin' Roller Coaster).

So I enjoy my memories and photo's of times past at WDW, but at the same time, I get excited for the new things I get to do and see the next time we go. I can't wait for Galaxies Edge to open, and I haven't been since 2014, so Pandora and Toy Story land will be new, too. I'm happy I've been able to experience such a rich abundance of good times. My parents only went to Disneyland once, and never went to WDW. They missed so much!
    1st Trip - Honeymoon! - 1983
    Latest Trip - Bucket List trip with Grandkids - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ThemeParkCommando View Post
    A while ago, I decided to change my mindset about growing older. Nothing in life can stay the same, if it did, we would stagnate as a species. New technology and new experiences are good! Yes, I do think nostalgically of my first days at WDW in 1983. I miss the first VR helmet I ever put on, where I was flying around the Sistine Chapel in an EPCOT Tech expo area. ( I was chosen to guide the experience in Innovations East, does anyone remember that experience?) My kids and I LOVED the gaming area, where SEGA was playtesting their new console games. I miss the fact that DisneyQuest is gone, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the original Journey into Imagination, and River Country.

BUT... I'm so happy I've been able to do something new every time I go to WDW. I left my kids with good memories, and now I have been able to share many new experiences and memories with my grandkids. We had wonderful times at Animal Kingdom, and my youngest granddaughter asked to sit with me, for her first upside down coaster experience ( Rockin' Roller Coaster).

So I enjoy my memories and photo's of times past at WDW, but at the same time, I get excited for the new things I get to do and see the next time we go. I can't wait for Galaxies Edge to open, and I haven't been since 2014, so Pandora and Toy Story land will be new, too. I'm happy I've been able to experience such a rich abundance of good times. My parents only went to Disneyland once, and never went to WDW. They missed so much!
    I’m with you. Things change. Lamenting over them only makes me sad. So I too have tried to embrace new phases in my life—and by extreme extension, places where I go on vacation.
    Brandi