Thread: Just came upon this; thoughts?

Just came upon this; thoughts?

http://www.concierge.com/ideas/hotsp...d=con_ob_cpc_a
    Just came upon this on a link in the my local newspaper. Even the parts I agree with have some no no's. Only the last one (take a day off) really has little to debate, unless you have a short stay.
    What are your thoughts?

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    I think that over all.....it is sound advice. I might not agree with some of it (for example....the only reason I go to Orlando is to see WDW so I have no desire to go out and see anything else....that might change in the future but for now.....we are content with just WDW.....oh and I am a self professed "staying on property only" snob....and what was that about not going on the rides you have been on before?? I don't consider it a Disney trip until I've been on IASW!!!!).....but they do make some good points. That said.....a good touring plan and full knowledge of how to use FPs trumps everything they mentioned.
    Brenda

I know I read this earlier in the year. I do actually agree with his premises for most things, if not all the details. One item that I would take exception to is the "don't do just Disney." I didn't read that page fully today, but if I recall he does not talk about how NOT cost-effective it is to do any park for just one day, when additional days at the same park are so cheap.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

Overall, I think there's some sound advice there. Some of it is off - but it's better than some of the supposed recommendations I've seen in the past. For the person who isn't going to do a lot of planning and who isn't going to do much research it could be beneficial.
    Lisa

I for one can "convince myself that Epcot is educational (let's have DDs practice their Spanish in Mexico and their Arabic in Morocco and their English in England, I mean Amurica!... and DHS (ToT is a beautiful example of a pulley system) and MK (learn about gravity on BTMR) and AK (well, duh, animals is edukationel)... See.....let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
    I know I read this earlier in the year. I do actually agree with his premises for most things, if not all the details. One item that I would take exception to is the "don't do just Disney." I didn't read that page fully today, but if I recall he does not talk about how NOT cost-effective it is to do any park for just one day, when additional days at the same park are so cheap.
    I agreed with almost everything except this, too. I find it more cost-effective for Orlando trips to be either "all Disney" or "no Disney".

I also don't agree (too much) with "Don't overdo it." We like commando mode. To an extent, anyway. I like to know our limits and push right up against that. ;) We did several MK PM EMH on several days (after a good nap during the afternoon), where MK didn't close until 2am. DS8 and DD6 (5 at the time) made it until 2am. DS1 made it until 1am.

But everything else is pretty good advice. Certainly not the ONLY way to do things, but a way that works good for many.

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    I think the "don't overdo it" is great advice for people who aren't veteran vacationers. Think about all those folks you know who only take one family vacation every 5-10 years, and they come back angry at each other, cranky, and tired and say "well, that was a waste of money, we're NEVER doing that again". And you know that they could have had such a wonderful time if they just got smart, relaxed a little, and didn't try to cram every stupid "Top 10, Must Do experience" into the a single "once in a lifetime vacation".

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case vatmark's Avatar
    Not too bad advice although the part that talked about tickets mentioned not going to a park because of rain. We go rain or shine. We do stay offsite for financial reasons and space reasons. If it were just me and DH we would be onsite. Add in two teenagers and that changes things.

Ann