Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Yay or Nay?

I've always stayed on site, but am starting to consider off site stay (I'm pretty sure we need 2 bedroom villa type places going forward.. and the WDW prices for these are ridiculous). My two main concerns is transportation to parks (we always do the buses from on site), and food.

For transportation, folks usually drive or just do Uber? If driving.. parking at resorts ever a problem?

For food, what options are there at Bonnet Creek? How about getting to Disney Springs.. a short walk or do you drive over?

he's right
    For transportation, folks usually drive or just do Uber? If driving.. parking at resorts ever a problem?
    I drive, unless I'm planning a second BEvERage with dinner, in which case I take Uber. I have never had an issue parking at the resorts, but I am also only going there to eat, not to park and go elsewhere. Not sure what you were thinking about here.

Bonnet has a couple of decent CS-style places, and the main hotel (not part of the timeshare but part of the overall complex) has some nice restaurants. The pool bar prices are a couple bucks cheaper per drink than Disney, which is nice. There is no easy way to walk to anything not in the Bonnet complex---the sidewalk ends before you get to Buena Vista Blvd. But the Bonnet complex includes some interesting places---the timeshare, the Wyndham hotel, and across the (relatively quiet) street Hilton has two hotels, the Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf=Astoria. I've gone running over there, but haven't eaten in either of the Hilton properties. In general they get good reviews. For Disney Springs, I would probably Uber (thanks to the BEvERage rule).

Thanks.

I just realized that when I said 'resorts' (regarding parking), I meant parks.

he's right
    Never an issue. You pay once per day; keep your receipt and you can park at any other park that day.

Hey! I realize this is an old thread, but am hoping that some of the original posters can still hop on to help. I have never stayed offsite, but my family of 5 needs a cheaper way to do Disney! This year the package quote for 2 rooms at Pop with Stay Play Dine for Value Season was nearly $5000. I have been looking at Windsor Hills and WBC and have gotten lots of great quotes for WH, but the price I got from Vacation Strategy for WBC is over $200 a night, while it looks like rates are way lower for everyone else on the thread. I also looked at Vacation Upgrades and their pricing list indicates that the first week in February is "high season" with higher rates. I am so confused- Dave Shute's 2018 week chart says the crowd ranking and price ranking for that week is "lowest". (The first full week in February). What am I missing here? How do I get these amazing rates everyone else is talking about? Thanks! Joy

he's right
    Those super-low rates are no longer available now that Wyndham has changed the way it handles discounted inventory for high-point owners. If price is your #1 concern, you are probably going to get a better deal at Windsor Hills. However, personally I'd pay a little more for Bonnet.

As for February: Bonnet isn't (only) a Disney-centric resort. It's a pretty popular place with Wyndham owners, even if they have little or no interest in the theme parks. And, February is a great time for those of us who live in the frozen tundra to escape to Florida for a week or so.